• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Unity - Story of the World Guard

Years
  • My name is Aerow. I am, as of current, a trainer like many others. This was not always the case. To understand my story, the story of my team, and the story that describes the greatest and most daunting threat the world of Pokemon has ever faced, I need to start from the beginning. The very beginning.

Prologue: There was light
    A pulse of consciousness jolted me awake. My head pounded as I pulled myself from the cold stone I lied upon. As my eyes adjusted to the darkness, I could make out subtle details of the environment around me. I was in an ancient temple of sorts, on a triangular dais, with intricate etchings engraved into every part of it's almost flawless surface. Darkened pillars lined the walls, and a row of decrepit statues led to a archway, where snow gently drifted in from the outside. I wracked my mind for an answer as to why I was here, but the search bore no fruit. Confused, cold, and concerned, I got to my feet, and exited the temple.

As I got to the arch, I heard a faint whispering behind me, and turned to face whatever was trailing. Nothing. turning back to the snow, I ventured out into the freezing cold. I was in a mountainous area, no civilization in sight, save a small log cabin in the distance, alight with the color of a well-tended fire. I trudged my way closer, and as I did, the whispers returned. They were all around me now, growing in volume, and intensity. The snow pelting against my face made it feel as if the voices themselves were assaulting me, trying to drag me beneath the blanket of white.

I pushed on with all my strength, what little I had, and as the voices reached their peak, I managed to clench a fist, and let loose a single pound on the wooden door of the cabin. It wasn't long before it was opened, but by whom I could not discern. The snowfall and flurry of what were now screams overtook me, and I collapsed in the door frame, scared, shivering, and unsure of where I was, and why I was there. Before I drifted into the darkness of sleep, I heard two voices, one of a woman, saying something I couldn't make out, and one of an ethereal pitch, telling me to rest.

This time, my awakening was much calmer, as I was settled into a bed, wrapped up in quilts. I slowly sat up, taking care to not strain myself. As I blinked my eyes to adjust, the door creaked open, and a familiar person walked in, the woman from the cabin. She had blonde hair, tied up at the sides by four small black tear-shaped stones, and a blue shirt and khaki pants. She walked over with a cup of something, and placed it in my hands. "Drink it. You'll feel better." I did so, and she was right. The concoction seemed to revitalize me a little bit, giving me the strength to speak.

"Who are you? What was that place, where I woke up?"

She nodded, closing her eyes, then spoke. "My name is Cynthia. I'm a Pokemon Trainer. That place I found you at was an archaeological site known as Sinjoh Ruins. It's situated in a frozen mountain pass, almost impossible to get to on foot. How did you get there in the first place?"

I shook my head slightly. "I don't know. All I remember is waking up there. Before that..." I paused mid-sentence, a scrap of memory resurfacing. "A flash of light, white and gold in color. That's it."

She placed here hand on her chin, pondering over it. "Well, do you know your name?"

I thought for a second. "Aerow. My name is Aerow." Cynthia smiled.
    "Nice to meet you, Aerow. Sit back and keep recovering, you had severe hypothermia when I found you. I'm making some hot soup right now, and I'll bring you a bowl when it's ready."

I thanked her for her hospitality, and was about to lie back down, when one more shard of my memory returned. "Cynthia?" She turned to face me with an inquisitive look.

"Who is Arceus? I recognize the name, but I'm not sure who it belongs to."

Her eyes widened just a fraction, before she turned back to the door, and spoke with a slightly surprised tone. "Someone important. Very important... I'm going to check on the soup." She exited the room, leaving me to wonder why she was surprised by my speaking that name, who it belonged to, why I was here, and where exactly here was. This list of queries tired me, and I lied back down, closing my eyes, and drifting off to sleep. It was in my dreams that the first of my questions would be answered.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Chapter 1: Seeking Truth
    In the midst of my deep slumber, a light pierced the darkness. The same from my first awakening: one of white and gold, shimmering with a mystical quality. It's glare beckoned me closer, and as I drifted towards, the darkness disappeared, unveiling my pseudo-realistic location. A hall of pristine glass, protected by sheer pillars of diamond, studded with opaque pearls. As I gazed in awe at the sight of it, a voice from the other side of the hall called out.

"Aerow...come forth."

I turned to face the voice, and a silhouette in the light was there. I could not make out it's features, save for it's faint equine-like structure. "Who are you?" I replied.

"The answers you seek can be found from me when you reach my domain in reality. Find the flute that plays the melody of creation and spirit, and with it in hand, ascend to the top of the mountain that splits Sinnoh in two. At the pillar of spears, you will find the entrance to my realm. And there...you will know the truth." The light faded, and the dream ended. I awoke, slightly panicked. Donning the attire Cynthia had laid out for me on the nightstand, I left the room to go find her, and tell her of this vision.

Her expression couldn't have been more apparent of her thoughts of it. She sat there for a few moments, then tried to speak, fell silent. She got up, and took a dusty old tome from one of her bookshelves on the wall. Opening it, she pointed to a picture which closely resembled the place I had witnessed in my dream. "Is this what you saw?"

"Yes. It's almost completely alike. However, there was someone, or something there. Some sort of creature. It almost looked like a large horse. I couldn't make out it's features, the light around it was too sharp for my eyes to perceive detail."

She pondered for a second, her hand in a loose fist under her chin. She snapped the book close, and put it back. "That being was Arceus, there's no doubt. If he wants to speak to you directly, we need to find the Azure Flute. It will allow you to access the Hall of Origin, where he resides in our world." She grabbed a large backpack, and began stuffing things into it, as if she was going camping. She must have seen my look of curiosity, as she began explaining.

"Climbing Mt. Coronet is not a one-day hike. It'll take a few days at a steady pace to get to the top from where we are. I could just have Garchomp fly us up, but I don't want to risk you falling off, seeing as how you're still recovering."

"Wouldn't climbing a mountain still be arduous for me, in my condition? And besides, i'm not that hurt, it was just some cold weather."

At that point, she stopped packing, and looked at me with a look of...concern? She took a hand mirror from a drawer, and gave it to me. "Look at your chest and forehead." I did so, pulling down my shirt collar, and then pushing up my tousled brown hair. I gasped in sudden fright.

Two marks, one where my heart was, one on my forehead, sat engraved in my skin, as if they'd been there for years. They looked like some sort of icon, a symbol of unknown meaning. I put the mirror on the table next to me. "What are those? Why are they there?"

Cynthia shook her head. "I don't know. Another question you'll have to ask Arceus. Good news though, it won't take long finding the flute. One of my colleagues just unearthed it in a mine shaft a few days ago. We'll need to get it from him before we head up Mt. Coronet." She finished packing things up, and hoisted the backpack onto herself. Opening the door, she beckoned for me to follow. I did so, and we left the house.

As she closed the door, I looked around. We were in a small town at the foot of what must be Mt. Coronet, and morning fog lay lightly on the landscape. The entire area was alive with strange creatures, that seemed all too familiar with me, but were strange all the same. Cynthia saw my face as one of these beings darted by, and laughed.

"Aerow, since you clearly have amnesia, let me welcome you to the world of Pokemon."
    The word rang like a shrill bell in my head, firing off sparks in my mind, that fused out before I could capture them. "Pokemon..."

Last edited:

Bay

Years
  • Hi there, and welcome to the fanfic forums! I felt like checking this real quick and give some comments here.

So first off some advice. When posting on the internet, indentions gets lost so you would need to double space your paragraphs to make reading easier. For instance:

A pulse of consciousness jolted me awake. My head pounded as I pulled myself from the cold stone I lied upon. As my eyes adjusted to the darkness, I could make out subtle details of the environment around me. I was in an ancient temple of sorts, on a triangular dais, with intricate etchings engraved into every part of it's almost flawless surface. Darkened pillars lined the walls, and a row of decrepit statues led to a archway, where snow gently drifted in from the outside. I wracked my mind for an answer as to why I was here, but the search bore no fruit. Confused, cold, and concerned, I got to my feet, and exited the temple.

As I got to the arch, I heard a faint whispering behind me, and turned to face whatever was trailing. Nothing. turning back to the snow, I ventured out into the freezing cold. I was in a mountainous area, no civilization in sight, save a small log cabin in the distance, alight with the color of a well-tended fire. I trudged my way closer, and as I did, the whispers returned. They were all around me now, growing in volume, and intensity. The snow pelting against my face made it feel as if the voices themselves were assaulting me, trying to drag me beneath the blanket of white.

I grabbed the beginning of your paragraph to show how double spacing paragraphs should look like.

One other quick nitpick:

I thought for a second. "Aerow. My name is Aerow." Cynthia smiled. "Nice to meet you, Aerow. Sit back and keep recovering, you had severe hypothermia when I found you. I'm making some hot soup right now, and I'll bring you a bowl when it's ready."

Aerow and Cynthia's dialog should be in seperate paragraphs. Makes who the speaker is easier.

Upon quick reading, I wonder why Aerow came to the ruins in the first place and Arceus spoke with them. Also I feel the prologue and first chapter could've been one whole chapter since the events followed each other immeditely.

So far I'm not exactly warmed up to the premise yet, but this still has potential. I can't promise you if I'll check this on regular basis, but I still wish you luck!

Years
  • Thanks for the advice, still getting used to posting on forums. For the start of the story, I'm trying to make sure I keep a good balance between building curiosity, and setting things up, so it might be a bit bumpy till I find that line.

Years
  • Chapter 1: Part 2
    It was a venture of two days to the city Cynthia had mentioned. We had taken her car, given that she didn't want me to have to walk the entire way. On the trip, she helped avail my confusion be explaining a great deal of things I had no understanding of, such as Trainers and battling. Whenever she mentioned a Pokemon, I felt a rush of exhilaration, as if I was learning something entirely new. In a sense, I guess I was.

On the morning of the second day, we reached a valley settled at the base of Mt. Coronet. It loomed over a large, industrial city, steel pillars bellowing smoke, and the sound of construction being able to be heard all the way from where we were, a few miles outside the city limits. A sign on the side of the road read:

Oreburgh City: 4 miles

We entered the city, and Cynthia drove around until we parked in the lot of a large building with a glass dome on one side. According to the heading above the main entrance, it was a fossil museum. We got out of the car, and entered the building.

Inside, I saw rows of neatly organized display cases and shelves, all filled with fossils, rocks, and pieces of various artifacts. Cynthia knocked on the counter to get the attention of the man behind it. Turning to face us, his face beamed with delight.

"Welcome, Cynthia! It's been a while. How have your studies been going?"

She smiled. "Well. On that note, I'm here to talk with Roark about that relic he found. Do you know where we can find him?"

The man gave a thumbs up, and turned to the wall, pressing a button on the intercom. "Mr. Roark, Ms. Cynthia is here to see you." Almost immediately after this, a clatter of footsteps was heard coming from the stairwell at the back. A man in a miner's uniform, hardhat and all, came up, and spoke with a sense of excitement in his voice.

"You're not gonna believe it, Cynthia! It really is what we thought it was! To think it was buried near the mine. How did it get there in the first place? I wonder..." He took his hat off, and scratched his extremely bedraggled hair, which loosed dust and some pebbles into his helmet, which he had placed under his head to catch them. It seemed he did this a lot. We followed him to the second level of the museum, to a small office, where a table covered by a sheet was. Roark pulled the sheet carefully off, revealing a crystalline blue flute, which more resembled a bagpipe in shape. It was completely clean, as if it had never even come into contact with soil. Cynthia picked it up, and examined it. Nodding in confirmation, she held it out to me, and motioned for me to take it. I hesitated for a second, then grasped it firmly in my hands. It felt...otherworldly.

Cynthia explained to Roark about our journey up the mountain, and after a bit of conversing, he decided to join us, saying he couldn't pass up an opportunity like this. It was settled. Tomorrow morning, we were heading up the mountain to allow me to speak with Arceus.

When the sun rose next, we got up early, prepared with breakfast and necessities, and met together just outside the city. Roark was already there, and spotted us coming. Waving us down, we joined him at the foot of the mountain. "The best way to the pinnacle is through a network of caves that starts at this junction right here," he pointed east, to an entrance inside. "I think once we make it up to the snowy area, we should set up camp."

Cynthia nodded. "I agree. We don't want to push up the entire distance in one go, given Aerow's condition." This time, I silently agreed, uneasy about the strange markings on me. We entered the cave, and began our ascent.

An indiscernible amount of time passed by, until we reached an opening. Exiting the caves, the ground was covered in snow. The sun was setting, and it was almost below zero. We began setting up a camp, and Roark and I volunteered to grab tinder from the sparse trees that lined the side of the mountain.

As we gathered the wood, Roark got my attention, and asked me something. "Cynthia says Arceus spoke to you. Is that really true?" I held my tongue for a moment, then nodded.

"Yes, he did. I'm not sure what he wants with me, but at this point, I just want to understand why I'm here, with no memories of anything beforehand. I hope he knows the answer to that."

We continued for a few more minutes, then began to head back. As we did, however, a sudden gust of wind blew harshly against us, and began stirring up large amounts of snow into the air. I held my coat's fur lining against my face, and peered around through the heavy snowfall, trying to find Roark. Nothing but white powder.

I carried on, searching for a sign of fire, or light, indicating the camp's location. Nothing. The sound of furious flurry whipped my ears, and I stumbled onto one knee. I mustered my strength, and got to me feet again in time to see the outline of...Cynthia? I couldn't make out the details, but I recognized the tear-shaped stones on her head. They were larger than before, and as I drew closer, the form began to change. My eyes drooped, and I managed to grab onto whoever's shoulder it was, before collapsing on both knees. They picked me up firmly, and we managed our way to safety, but not to the camp.

We were in a neatly-hewn cave, a fire built inside. The person sat me down on a flat stone outcropping, and handed me a Sitrus berry. Eating it helped my strength return, and as my sight returned fully, I looked up to see that my rescuer was not Cynthia.

It was a Lucario.

Years
  • Chapter 1: Part 3

It stared at me with eyes like ice, deep blue and sharp. This struck me as odd, given how Cynthia's Lucario had red eyes. It continued to stare at me, until I met its gaze. When we stared at each other long enough, I felt a tug, and a wave of something flew over my vision.

"You are the human he sent?" It was female, this voice echoing through my mind that of a woman's. She waited patiently for a response. I opened my mouth to speak, but she held up her hand. I understood the message. I stared at her, and thought the words.

"Yes. Arceus sent me here. I don't know why, but I'm going up to find out. That's why I'm here right now."

She sat there, silent in both body and mind. She then got to her feet, and went further into the cave, coming back with something. An egg. She outstretched her arms, motioning for me to take it. Was this her child? If so, why did she want me to have it? I hesitated, unsure if I should take it. She closed her eyes, and that wave of energy passed through me again, this time outwards. I felt emotions, so many of them. Worry, joy, sadness, understanding. Her emotions. She opened her eyes again, and I realized she had to do this. I could not know why.

I carefully placed my hands around the egg, holding it against my chest. Despite the sheer cold of this solitary place, it was warm to the touch. Despite this, it was perfectly still. She led me out of the cave, and as I ventured out, I looked back, and saw her outline, before the snow whipped up again, leaving me blind. Only seconds passed, before it died down, and I saw the light from the campfire Roark and Cynthia had set up.

Back at the camp, I looked around, but didn't see them. Calling out, shuffling came from the large tent, and Roark emerged, a look of relief coming across his face when he saw me.

"Aerow, you're alright! Thank goodness, you had us worried! Who knows what could have happened to you ou-" he paused, seeing the round shape in my coat. "What's that?" He said, suddenly curious. At this point, Cynthia returned to the camp. She was searching for me, and was relieved I was safe. After making sure I was completely fine, I told them what happened.

"A Lucario saved you, and gave you that egg? Can I see it?" Cynthia asked. I reluctantly handed it to her, warning her to be careful. She nodded, and held it gently. "It's a Riolu egg. I don't know why that Lucario would just give you it. As a species, they're extremely protective of their young. Regardless, it's now your responsibility to make sure it hatches healthily, and to take care of it. "

Roark chuckled. "Man, you show up with amnesia, and not only do you get an uncommon Pokemon for your starter, but Arceus himself wants to speak with you. Something's going on, and you clearly have a part in it. Anyways, we need to rest. We're almost to the top, and it's an arduous climb here on out." We all agreed, and after Cynthia retired to her own tent, Roark covered the metal lantern with it's metal shell, and we fell asleep.

We got up early the next morning. The egg was in my coat, as I wanted to make sure it was warm during the night. Checking on it, it was the same as when I got it. I picked it up, wrapping my coat around it and myself, and left the tent. We had a quick meal, put up the equipment, and carried on. Cynthia gave me an insulated backpack I could use to store the egg. I safely placed it inside, and put it gently on my back., under the coat. We continued up the mountain.

As we ventured up the final set of caves, Cynthia could tell I was nervous. She asked how I was doing, and I responded with a simple nod. Nothing more was said.

We exited the cave, and the cold wind was gone. The air was still, as we beheld the sight of a massive platform, covered with large stone pillars, sharp at the top, like spears... Cynthia handed me the flute, and pointed to an engraving on the ground. I walked forwards, instrument in hand, and stepped onto the symbol. Holding the flute up to lips, I prepared a breath, but stopped short when I realized there were no holes to hold my fingers down on, as if it could only play one note. I looked at it in confusion, and turned back to my two companions. "Are you sure this is the right flute?"

Cynthia nodded slowly. "There's not supposed to be any holes. Don't worry, just play it. You'll know the tune." I faced the pillars again, and held it up, drawing in one more breath. And I let it loose into the hollow, crystal chamber. A melody which sounded ethereal, yet haunting emanated from it, filling the silent pinnacle with this sound. A light flared into view, blinding us completely. As it dimmed, I opened my eyes. A steep, towering stairway rose up, made of glass. My breath turned shaky, and my hands trembled. I steeled my nerves, and began to ascend, alone.

Reaching the top, I saw the same layout of the platform, below, but in the form of what I saw in my dream. A floor of glass, fortified by pillars of diamond, laced with pearls, gilded with platinum. And in the middle of the hall, the creature who summoned me here. It was Arceus. I walked up to him, and spoke. "You are Arceus?"

The giant being looked down at me. "Yes. You have found your way here, and the answers you seek; about your identity, your sudden loss of a past, and your purpose from here on out, are what you will receive from me. Some now, some in a different form later, when the time is right. Are you ready to know the truth, Aerow?"

I nodded my head deeply, understanding this was a point of no return. Whatever burden this knowledge would place upon me, I would bear it willingly.

Arceus rose up to his full height, and eighteen plates of various color and brilliance spun around him in a magnificent halo. The hall around us shifted, and I witnessed as our location shifted from the mountain's peak, to a decrepit city square. I looked around, and saw a ghastly sight. A middle-aged man, ragged, but straight in posture, stood before a stone monument. He placed his hands on the large smooth, black stone, names of some kind written on every inch of it. When he was done, he let his hand drop, and turned in our direction. I gasped, realizing who it was.

ME. It was me, in...what, the future? I didn't understand this, it made no sense. The vision continued, and as my old self walked into a building, Arceus explained what was happening in this vision.

"When I met you, Aerow, you were a shell of a man. Broken in both body and spirit, just like all the other humans from your world. This was because you all lost something more important than anything else you cherished." He looked to the stone walls, and I looked at them closer. The names on them... were the names of Pokemon. Thousands of them, on every single stone, dozens of these lining this field. Arceus finished his statement. Your partners. Your friends. Their lives. Every one of them, bonded or wild, lost in one cataclysmic event. This is the reason you and a few others are in that building, working on one last chance." The area shifted, and settled in the shape of a dilapidated lab, with a large dais in the center. My old self was standing on this dais, in the center, as other beings stood by, tweaking controls, and using pieces of equipment. Two stone obelisks were wired to the dais, and it began to glow, showing its energy returning. In a flash of light, my aged doppelganger disappeared, and nothing was left, but the dais, dimming in brightness. I peered at it, and recognized the symbols on it. It was the same dais from the Sinjoh Ruins. "Arceus, how did I use this dais to come here? What did it do to me?"

He took a second, and spoke, with a twinge of anger in his voice. "The Dais of Rebirth was meant to give life to one of my children in case they ever met their end for any reason. It was not meant to be used by humans. That said, at this point in time, I had no choice. I could not stop you, for I was destroyed as well." He turned to face me, as the vision faded, and we returned to the hall in the sky.

"You came back to this time as a younger version of yourself, to stop what happened in your reality from happening in this one. That said, being a victim of this catastrophe as well, I cannot remember what the cause was, or any of the events leading up to it entailed. This concerns me the most. However, I do know this. There are still truths yet to be revealed, hidden away in the depths of your mind. I gift you an ability that will let you uncover these secrets, but only if you can find catalysts to open them."

He lowered his head, and his eyes met mine. They pulsed forwards, and I felt something being stored away in my mind, this ability he mentioned. He rose again, and I thanked him for it. Before I could leave though, he called out to me once more, and I returned to face him. He looked at my backpack, and I took it off, and lowered it onto the glass floor, carefully lifting the egg so he could see it.

"I am glad she understood the importance of this being given to you. In that egg is a special creature, one unlike any other. It is your sole task to raise it, and grow with it. The two of you will play a crucial part in this plan to prevent this coming tragedy. That is all I can say. Now..." Two of the plates, an orange, metallic one, and a green, organic one, floated around the egg. "Awaken, young one. Your time has come." The plates emanated rays of light and warmth, until the egg began to move. As I held it firmly, the shell cracked apart, turning to dust, and I now held a Riolu, with purple and gold skin and fur, looking up at me with eyes of both colors in a mixed flare. My heart surged, and I held him close. He curled up, and went to sleep. I thanked Arceus for helping me, and turned to go back down to staircase.

When I reached the bottom, Cynthia saw the Pokemon in my arms, and her eyes widened. She looked at him, and asked me with a whisper, "What are you going to name him?" I looked down at him, and a name formed in my mind.

"Lewis. His name is Lewis."

This marks the end of the first chapter. Chapter 2 will begin after a short respite, in which feedback on ways to improve upon my telling of this story would be appreciated. I intend for this to be a very long story, so after my knowledge of forum posting increases, I will attempt at making these chapters as single, large posts, instead of smaller, sequential ones. To those who read this, thank you for taking interest in this story, and know that the legend of the World Guard has just begun...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2021
    My name is Aerow. I am, as of current, a trainer like many others. This was not always the case. To understand my story, the story of my team, and the story that describes the greatest and most daunting threat the world of Pokemon has ever faced, I need to start from the beginning. The very beginning.

Prologue: There was light

I pushed on with all my strength, what little I had, and as the voices reached their peak, I managed to clench a fist, and let loose a single pound on the wooden door of the cabin. It wasn't long before it was opened, but by whom I could not discern. The snowfall and flurry of what were now screams overtook me, and I collapsed in the door frame, scared, shivering, and unsure of where I was, and why I was there. Before I drifted into the darkness of sleep, I heard two voices, one of a woman, saying something I couldn't make out, and one of an ethereal pitch, telling me to rest.

This time, my awakening was much calmer, as I was settled into a bed, wrapped up in quilts. I slowly sat up, taking care to not strain myself. As I blinked my eyes to adjust, the door creaked open, and a familiar person walked in, the woman from the cabin. She had blonde hair, tied up at the sides by four small black tear-shaped stones, and a blue shirt and khaki pants. She walked over with a cup of something, and placed it in my hands. "Drink it. You'll feel better." I did so, and she was right. The concoction seemed to revitalize me a little bit, giving me the strength to speak.

"Who are you? What was that place, where I woke up?"

She nodded, closing her eyes, then spoke. "My name is Cynthia. I'm a Pokemon Trainer. That place I found you at was an archaeological site known as Sinjoh Ruins. It's situated in a frozen mountain pass, almost impossible to get to on foot. How did you get there in the first place?"

I shook my head slightly. "I don't know. All I remember is waking up there. Before that..." I paused mid-sentence, a scrap of memory resurfacing. "A flash of light, white and gold in color. That's it."

She placed here hand on her chin, pondering over it. "Well, do you know your name?"

I thought for a second. "Aerow. My name is Aerow." Cynthia smiled.
    "Nice to meet you, Aerow. Sit back and keep recovering, you had severe hypothermia when I found you. I'm making some hot soup right now, and I'll bring you a bowl when it's ready."

I thanked her for her hospitality, and was about to lie back down, when one more shard of my memory returned. "Cynthia?" She turned to face me with an inquisitive look.

"Who is Arceus? I recognize the name, but I'm not sure who it belongs to."

Her eyes widened just a fraction, before she turned back to the door, and spoke with a slightly surprised tone. "Someone important. Very important... I'm going to check on the soup." She exited the room, leaving me to wonder why she was surprised by my speaking that name, who it belonged to, why I was here, and where exactly here was. This list of queries tired me, and I lied back down, closing my eyes, and drifting off to sleep. It was in my dreams that the first of my questions would be answered.

great prologue

Back