• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] A few questions I am unsure of...

Years
  • How does multiplayer work? Is it only local MP from switch to switch or is this supposed to be like a have internet can MP with anyone sort of thing? I've tried a lot if not all multiplayer stuff so far and haven't been able to find a single joiner for anything I've tried so far. Is there something I'm missing?

What are the actual factors for catching shiny Pokemon in Sword/Shield? Is it actually to complete the two game Pokedex at this time and has anyone done it?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • What are the actual factors for catching shiny Pokemon in Sword/Shield? Is it actually to complete the two game Pokedex at this time and has anyone done it?
    Answered the other stuff in your other thread, but for this:
    - mostly luck (1/4096 chance to be Shiny), but catching multiple of the same Pokemon increases the chance, as does having the Shiny Charm (which requires completing the dex).

You can complete the Pokedex, but it requires trading. I'm sure some people have already, but not many (game's not even 2 weeks old yet!).

Years
  • TY for the response, I'm trying to overhaul my MP experience for this game but am finding it challenging so far. This weekend I will try joining a discord for the game.

Back