• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] SYLVEON help! Not sure what to do with it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2019
    Hello! I was going for a bulky yet damagy Sylveon, one that can take some hits but also dish out good damage. Which movesets would be most ideal for this?
    Also, should I make its defence EV's special defence or normal defence? (Sword/Shield)

1. Sylveon @ Leftovers
    Ability: Pixilate
    Evs: 252 HP, 129 Sp .Atk, 129 Sp. Def
    Nature: Modest (+Sp. Atk, - Atk)
    - Hyper Voice
    - Mystical Fire
    - Wish
    - Calm Mind

2. Sylveon @ Leftovers
    Ability: Pixilate
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 (def or sp. defence?) 4 Sp. Atk
    Nature: Modest (+Sp. Atk, - Atk)
    -Hyper Voice
    -Mystical Fire
    -Wish
    -Calm Mind (or protect?)

If you have any better Sylveon sets that are good at taking hits and giving out a good deal of damage, please post them here too! Help would be appreciated.

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2022
    Invest in Sp. Defence. It's Physical Defence is so abyssal it's likely going to be OHKO'd by any decent physical attack so it's a waste of EV's. Invest the rest into either HP or Sp. Attack - I'd go with Protect over Calm Mind, too.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Calm nature was the X/Y build, with Pixelate and Hyper Voice/Calm Mind. You can be a special wall and build up damage if opponent doesn't have an answer.

BlackWolv

Breeding Star
    Years
  • Personally, i love physical Sylveon. I use an impish or Relaxed nature with Quick attack, Double-edge, Wish, and Protect. I focused on defenses and HP in Kalos but it is most definitely not something that everyone runs buuuuuuutttt.... no one expects the physical Sylveon. there are multiple ways to run it though in this generation. Relaxed Curse+Wish sylveon with max HP and max Ph.Defense EVs with the rest in attack. This gen, it gets Body Slam again so that is boosted para inducing STAB after pixilate factors in, it gets Double-edge if you want to run wish + protect and do more damage but that also hurts sylveon. but the main point of it is always the boosted STAB priority it gets with Quick attack. give it pixie plate and that's even more damage.

Like I said though, not something that everyone runs and for good reason. it's a much better special wall than a physical sweeper. like, you really have to commit to running physical sylveon if you want it to work. you'd have to run the team around it entirely. but since no one runs it no one really can recover quick enough to counter it when Physical sylveon sets up. also, with Dynamax, you can boost its stats easier in doubles by using max fighting, max ground, and max steel. along with running curse. it would snowball into a very scary fairy rather quickly in say.... a trick room team.

add a follow me and a life dew/trick room setter combo like Togekiss and Haterenne to the team and it would have more sustainability. Butterfree would be a good partner too i think with rage powder or sleep powder and pollen puff and then you can have a healer/protector for it. for the max moves i mentioned, Rhyperior would work for that and be super bulky with an assault vest to really get that setup out there.

But those are just suggestions. it's ultimately up to you. this is just what i would think of :P

Last edited:
    Back