• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Help Request] Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP: The Alternative Lives

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
This is the name i picked to the PMD RP that happens in core series regions, with no humans. But i need help.

Today, i ask for all help needed, and come to assemble the best ideas.

Story: A thing i can come up on my own, but, if you want, you can suggest your own Story Concept. Make it unique, and creative, innovative, new! We need ideas tbh.

Mechanics: What would be the mechanics in play for this PMD RP? How would we explore dungeons, and what are the things we need to be aware of while exploring?

Region: We could go with the whole Pokemon World, but, if you prefer, you can chose a certain region.

Antagonists: If you want, we can have antagonists. But since these are Spoiler Alert, please, PM me any Antagonist Ideas, if we are to have em.

Important Characters: While still spoilers, you can post them here. Due to that, if posted here, please put it between Spoiler section. As in, alert someone for Spoilers. If not posted here, PMs please.

This RP definitely will be an hybrid, while having some liberty, we need to focus in the main objective depending on the story. Of course, Free Chapters are given to everyone, and if someone does not partake in a Plot Based Chapter, they have to partake in the next Plot Based Chapter obligatory, to not let people "Shirk work!". You Shirk work, you pay, as Wigglytuff says.

That is it. If you need to say some more misc ideas, please, say them, they might be useful for the creation of this RP.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years

I would hope that there's something more interesting to missions besides "go here and deliver x" or "fight x and y." Make sure there are interesting narrative opportunities to explore, rather than battles all the time; maybe even rewards that can add to our own personal story of accomplishment? Ooo, maybe even questionable scenarios that force our pokemon to really grow as a character? You could have an overarching plot that we influence by completing missions certain ways, too.

Also, did you imagine that the characters would travel as a troupe or as separate forces?

Mechanics

I find that item and money handling, unless they rest in the core theme of the game, is too needless to include in a narrative RP. Perhaps it's good to explore options that tie into the ideas present within the Mystery Dungeon series already: such as random events happening in dungeons that help or hinder the player, or the sense of duty the clans have. Though, mind, don't put in a good/bad binary moral choice system.

I think sticking with a certain region is best and more manageable. You seemed to have a lot of ideas for post-apocalyptic Kanto!

Free Chapters

I do believe that "free periods" should still have something underlying them so the players have something to interact with. For example, maybe we get a day where our characters can experience a festival or a carnival in town!​

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024

I would hope that there's something more interesting to missions besides "go here and deliver x" or "fight x and y." Make sure there are interesting narrative opportunities to explore, rather than battles all the time; maybe even rewards that can add to our own personal story of accomplishment? Ooo, maybe even questionable scenarios that force our pokemon to really grow as a character? You could have an overarching plot that we influence by completing missions certain ways, too.

Also, did you imagine that the characters would travel as a troupe or as separate forces?

I find that item and money handling, unless they rest in the core theme of the game, is too needless to include in a narrative RP. Perhaps it's good to explore options that tie into the ideas present within the Mystery Dungeon series already: such as random events happening in dungeons that help or hinder the player, or the sense of duty the clans have. Though, mind, don't put in a good/bad binary moral choice system.

I think sticking with a certain region is best and more manageable. You seemed to have a lot of ideas for post-apocalyptic Kanto!

I do believe that "free periods" should still have something underlying them so the players have something to interact with. For example, maybe we get a day where our characters can experience a festival or a carnival in town!​

A lot you made me think on now you say. Surely, it's something. I'll note down and use what you said as an advice. Thanks for the advice.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
Thanks for the advice.

My pleasure to help!

I'll also say that you'll probably get more people in here helping you if you present some of your own ideas for this roleplay, or perhaps transfer some discussion from your old thread over here concerning it. Having a starting point for discussion, rather than just imploring people for ideas, is better for generating material; in my opinion.

Like, let's start with your title. What exactly do you insinuate about the roleplay with that title?​

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Well, rn i'm busy, but, i would likely do some discussion here.

As for the name, i thought of it cause "It's not the same (Name of the Region here) as we know. It's an Alternate Version.".

Back