• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Flying/Surfing Pikachu

Midnight Umbreon

Life is a conundrum of esoterica
Years
  • Originally, getting this sucked. Seriously. You had to do soooooo much to get it. Now it is really simple. First, you will need a Pokemon that can learn fly/surf or has both (I used lugia for mine) now you need another pokemon, known as a "slide" Pokemon this is just a weak pokemon. They can be caught on route one, although "rocky" the onix(who is a trade Pokemon in game) can be used. And now, a quagsire with return as it's first move, and it needs to hold TM02. Put slide in third slot and quagsire in 4th. Put your Future pikachu in slot 1. Now, name your boxs like this

Box 1: Ap0k'vA55
    Box 2: é'm2p0Z'vA
    Box 3: éA4p'v7'v'd
    Box 4: é(male)2péD9'l
    Box 5: 'l5555555
    Box 6: 555A'lx'd5

Go to cherrygrove, enter the pokèmart, exit, walk four spaces right, open the pokedex listen to bellsprout's cry, "use" the coin case. move to save, save and reset(there will be lag) now take the Pokemon in your front party, and throw it in to the daycare. draw it out, and you'll have your surfing pikachu.

This works on VC. Just did it.

here is a video tutorial

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bTJZohX5n2A&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:

Midnight Umbreon

Life is a conundrum of esoterica
    Years
  • aH made a video I hate my voice... Explaining, but my internet is slow, so I'll upload it later, but soon

Amy May

Banned
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Nov 13, 2021
    This is Interesting.

Yeah, that would be possible using coin case glitch... it's one of the most important exploits for doing/executing almost anything in 2nd Gen. Also much easier than trying to do the same thing with Pikachu in 1st Gen.

The only thing when it comes to the "slide Pokemon" ("Rocky" ingame trade Onix is the best choice for most things, with ideal IVs needed & more difficult adding friendship on)... you have to also make sure you don't walk around with the "slide Pokemon" too much in general.
    - A raised friendship level on it goofs up the execution process (turning it into a bad slider in the end). When this happens, you then need to send out that "slide Pokemon" into a few battles, making sure it gets knocked out everytime.. lowering it's friendship again (making it useable).

Haven't personally done it myself to get the move combo on 2nd Gen Pika but the method is simular when it also comes to getting Celebi and Mew, using coin case glitch.

I'll check out your vid, you got me curious! :)

UPDATE: Nice vid! .. simple and easy to understand.

... Gotta love glitching!!! xD

Last edited:
    Back