• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Proposal: Opinion: Niantic's event announcement and use of niche pokemon needs improving

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • Title will be... better than that. WIP.

Anyways, gist: to-the-point opinion piece on how niantic could improve its event announcements and also treatment of niche pokemon.

Points to cover:
    - announcing not to open mystery box for meltan for the event before a certain date and time, else you have to wait a week... after said date and time
    - recent comm day events only announced a couple weeks ahead of time (causing people e.g. me to miss out entirely)
    - feebas day on short notice too
    - now clamperl 3 hour event announced 3 days ahead of time, and then a day later "weekend will also have latias raids where it can be shiny" announcement

As for niche pokemon:
    - understandable that some pokes e.g. shinx were chosen to be super rare at least at launch, e.g. raid and egg only
    - others however like lotad being tied to basically rainy weather only? despite grass types being sunny boosted? particularly annoying when for months its spawns were badly nerfed
    - nincada badly rare given eggs and currently unavailable field research tasks (that were rare...). shedinja disappointing given near uselessness in battles - ability that made it interesting and its unusual method of obtaining lead to an underwhelming month of field research
    - smeargle seemingly to be released via photobombing in new ar snapshot mode. because when I think photobombing, I think smeargle...
    - and now clamperl, and the gimmick of item trade evolution ignored with an rng method chosen. why wait on releasing clamperl then??
    - but spiritomb with its halloween special research was quite cool - can that be done more instead niantic?

Okay that's actually a fair bit. Maybe better in two articles...? Thoughts?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Update: Going to do an article talking more about the Clamperl event and the good/bad aspects, which will combine with the latter parts (how Niantic have been treating more niche/unique pokemon).

Thoughts please.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Depending on how concise your thoughts, I think you could fit it all into one article (I mainly question the practicality of splitting the article up when everything fits so nicely together under one umbrella of idea). As for the subject itself, it seems really good as a discussion-starter. People who play GO will very likely want to read about potential ways to improve these events. The pitch gets an approval from me.

Aldo

Survivalist
    Years
    • Seen today
    I believe it would fit better in one article than split as well, and that it would interest those who also have their own thoughts about how Niantic does things. +1

Back