• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Lacks of Megas for certain generations

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2020
    I always didn't get why gen 5 and the generation megas where introduced in have a lack of megas.
    I dont know about gen 6 but audino,out of all things has a mega evolution,that isnt good compared to other fairy megas.

Amy May

Banned
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Nov 13, 2021
    I always didn't get why gen 5 and the generation megas where introduced in have a lack of megas.
    I dont know about gen 6 but audino,out of all things has a mega evolution,that isnt good compared to other fairy megas.

I always thought GF was good at disappointing tbh... especially when I cough up the money to buy the games, only to find it out. :(

But in both XY & ORAS, I can understand why they chose the mega's they did.

XY, they majority chose were all important to the actual storyline. You were given the choice of a 1st gen poke at the point of Lumoise, you befriend the ingame Lucario which then wants to join you on your adventure, etc.. still doesn't explain why they didn't give the 6th gen base starters a mega form, but can't expect everything. Also, in XY.. ones that weren't within the actual storyline given mega were more based on popular appeal.

ORAS, at least the base starters had megas. They also gave pokes important to the actual stoyline mega's, like lati twins and magma/aqua head admin team staple of the appropriate type. In this game though, they were trying to push players to use the more over overlooked of the pokes.. thus giving some of them mega form.

I would have died to have a mega Samurott though... Q.Q

Last edited:
    Years
  • One of the things that bothers me about Game Freak basically abandoning old gimmicks and going for new ones generation after generation is that they don't really give the time to properly flesh out the original gimmick that they had in mind before ditching it, mega-evolution included.

In Gen IV, while a handful of Pokemon got cross-gen evolutions, this was never really expanded upon because there are still plenty of other Pokemon (mostly Johto) that would've appreciated an evolution. The same applies here with mega evos -- there are plenty of Pokemon that still deserve of a mega evo of some sort -- but just haven't gotten an opportunity for that, and it seems as if Game Freak just kinda tossed that idea to the side never to be fully fleshed out again once a new generation is on the horizon.

It's frustrating, really.

Back