• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Graphic✓] Pokemon Emerald Bag Visual Glitch

Years
  • Hi all, I'm relatively new to ROM hacking and I have run into a bit of a problem, even though I repointed all my pokemart scripts, and always searched for free space, the Bags have this visual glitch (see screenshots)

Can anyone help me out on how to fix this? Its only those bags, not the main bag or the Key Items bag

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Looks like something was accidentally overwritten unfortunately. Which version of XSE are you using and was all you did add new scripts? Some older versions of XSE don't find free space correctly in Emerald unless you use the #freespace command, but if you use this version you don't need to worry about that.

Years
  • Looks like something was accidentally overwritten unfortunately. Which version of XSE are you using and was all you did add new scripts? Some older versions of XSE don't find free space correctly in Emerald unless you use the #freespace command, but if you use this version you don't need to worry about that.

I just double checked and I was already using v1.1.1. I also did other things but I made a lot of backups and it looks like it was adding in a script that did it, I'm hoping I can fix it rather than re-do everything from that backup (its a lot since it was an early backup)

Last edited:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • Yeah, you've over written the bag sprites. In order to fix it, download this image. Insert it into free space using a program like NSE 2.0 (make sure you're inserting as compressed) or unlz. Write down the offset you saved it to and then change the pointer at 0x57FB34 to your new offset. As always, make a backup before trying this.

In order to make sure you don't overwrite things in Emerald in the future, check out this thread. It will tell you where Emerald's free space is located.

Years
  • Yeah, you've over written the bag sprites. In order to fix it, download this image. Insert it into free space using a program like NSE 2.0 (make sure you're inserting as compressed) or unlz. Write down the offset you saved it to and then change the pointer at 0x57FB34 to your new offset. As always, make a backup before trying this.

In order to make sure you don't overwrite things in Emerald in the future, check out this thread. It will tell you where Emerald's free space is located.

Just tried this and it fixed the problem, thanks a million!! Will try the free space fix from now on

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2020
    Hi, I have the same issue with my rom hack, but idk how to properly change the pointer, could someone help me with that?

Back