• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports Olympic Games

Years
    • Age 28
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I'm very preemptive with this thread — but I'm super excited to watch the olympics next year. Probably the one sporting event I enjoy sitting down and watching start to end!

I do remember feeling rather... proud? Of the 2012 Games, and watching how the country wanted to show itself off.

Who else enjoys watching the games? Which events do you watch? Will you be watching next year?

Years
  • Man, I used to be super pumped watching Olympic games. I'm not a huge sport person or anything, but it's just the thrill of seeing each country putting their best people forward in all of these competitions that excites me the most.

that said though it's a shame because there isn't one event that comes to mind.. it's been so long since i've properly watched the Olympics. I've usually been too busy to dedicate time to it, but I'll make sure to do so next year. n.n

Years
  • I'm not a big sports guy; I like having the Olympic games on in the background when doing other things though. I particularly like watching the cycling/swimming events. Volleyball is fun to watch too.

Years
  • While I don't mind having the summer Olympics on as background noise, I'm just really not all that into them. I actually don't mind watching table tennis or handball, but they're usually not covered as main events, so I don't go out of my way to look for them.

The winter Olympics is an entirely different story, though. Maybe it's because Canada's historically a lot better at the winter sports, but whether it's hockey, speed skating, ski jumping, curling, bobsledding, etc., I love watching all of it. Having the Olympics here in Vancouver back in 2010 was crazy too, though I'd been able to go to some of the events. Seeing the running of the torch was pretty cool, and I've still got a few souvenirs from that day on display right now.

Back