• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Shaymin

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • In Pokemon Platinum, in order to get Shaymin, you needed an item called Oak's Letter. You then go over to Route 224 to a White Rock and this opens up a place called Seabreak Path and Flower Paradise. This is a REALLY long path, but once you reach the end, you will be able to fight a Shaymin. If you go to Floaroma Town (I think) you can obtain a Gracidea Flower to change Shaymin's form. There are ways to get Shaymin in D/P, but.... I will not go over it, as they are not legitimate.

Were you able to obtain Shaymin? What did you think of its Sky Form?

Years
  • hi this topic was made for me bc i love shaymin ❤

that said i vaguely remember getting it legitimately through Oak's Letter at one point and was super excited to encounter it! my only concern is that it was kind of a letdown how it had the regular pokemon encounter theme and not the legendary pokemon encounter theme. :<

also i prefer shaymin's sky form to its land form but both are great ok

Last edited:

Quiji

Shining
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2021
    I got two Shaymin in the Gen IV games: one from the Toys R Us event, and one from the Pokemon Ranger event. I only needed one in each game, but I managed to get a spare just in case I needed to trade one away to a friend or something.

Last edited:

Phyrrhic

It's not very effective...
    Years
  • I liked all three of the location legendary events in gen 4, however it felt like Shaymin was the least interesting. The area was frankly boring, and the battle didn't have the legendary theme!

Back