• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ampharos is really cute

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2011
    I just want to say that this is the first deck I've ever made. Comments are much appreciated but I would like more constructive feedback other then 'you need to add more cards.' Perhaps some suggestions?
    NOTE: Unless marked, assume all cards are from Call of Legends.

My basic strategy with this deck is to set up Ampharos (Call of Legends) and power up my more powerful pokemon on the bench with the 'Acceleration Bolt' attack, which adds 2 basic energy to any pokemon. If Ampharos is knocked out its fine because my other pokemon (Terrakion and Dugtrio) are there to come in and do quite a bit of damage.

The Pidgey line is basically there to help me out. With Pidgey using messenger earlier in the game to help me set up Ampharos and his later evolution helping out stall the other player with Headwind and Twister.

I'm already trying to get my hands on some revives. I know that if flaffy or Mareep get knocked out, I'm in serious trouble. But otherwise I'm too new to the game to even know what trainer/supporter cards I should be on the look out for. Thank you! c:

Pokemon
    X2 mareep
    X2 flaffy
    X1 Ampharos
    X1 Ampharos (HGSS)
    X2 Pidgey
    X1 pidgeotto
    X1 pidgeot
    X2 Minccino (black and white)
    X1 Cinccino (black and white)
    X2 Eevee
    X2 Jolteon
    X2 Diglett (Triumphant )
    X1 Dugtrio (triumphant)
    X1 Terrakion (Emerging Powers)

Trainers
    X1 Bianca
    X1 Pokemon Catcher
    X1 Potion
    X1 Life Herb
    X1 Energy Switch
    X1 Max Potion
    X2 Energy Retrieval
    X4 pokemon communication
    X2 switch

Supporters
    X2 Interviewers question
    X1 Prof. Oak's New Theory
    X1 Prof. Elms Training method

Energies
    X12 fighting
    X9 electric

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2011
    My friend totally stole like four of my Professor Elm cards.... Mehhh, time to steal them back. I totally threw the Pidgey line in there for fun (and I didn't have anything else...) But I do have a Machamp (HGSS) now. That I kinda want to throw into this deck. :/

I don't know. How many Stage two cards do typical decks have?

Years
  • Typical decks at tournament levels will run as many Stage 2s of an evolution line as they do of the basics for that line. The Stage 1 usually has less to save on deck space if Rare Candy is being run. Or at least they used to run as many of the Stage 2 as of the basic.

EDIT: Better explanation in Tanaki's post below.

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
    Years
  • Typically now most decks don't run very many stage 2's, mainly because of cards like Yanmega Prime, Donphan Prime and even Cincinno and Zoroark, which set up faster and without the use of Rare Candy since they're stage 1's. The only stage 2's most people run now are Magnezone Prime and Typhlosion Prime, with a few others. Stage 2's in the current metagame have low enough HP basics that a Yanmega can snipe them for a quick knockout and a total pwnage of your support line.

If you run a stage 2 line now, you want to go first, get the cards you want to set up into stage 2's on the bench, and candy them on the spot next turn if possible, and at the very least evolve into the stage 1. If their HP is less than 60, there's a good chance that they'll get picked off by a combination of Kingdra Prime and Yanmega in tourneys. So either run stronger HP basics for the stage 2's, or run a lot of the basic to ensure that you don't lose your only support option. Also 2-3 Candies covers one strong line of stage 2's, but you'll need at least 3-4 if you run more than 1 line of stage 2's for consistency.

Back