• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rewatching the seasons from the start

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    I haven't seen any SM. Tho that is nice to hear. And i wouldn't really choose Misty to show a cameo after all this time. Not when Iris didnt even show in XY and Serena can be used to reverse the lack of that. There are plenty if other characters in the other regions that would be nice to see again. Maybe not this series god no but one day I would actually like to see Paul again.

Unfortunately, May and Dawn wouldn't fit in with SM, mostly because there were no contests (and I wasn't happy that they had Dawn return despite her having no justifiable reason for doing so).

And quite frankly, Misty's the only one of the characters other than maybe Max (the latter thanks to that stupid "gotta keep Ash 10 even when time is indicated to have passed in the series" rule preventing him from even becoming a Pok?mon Trainer) who got royally screwed out of their goal and was outright FORCED to stop their goal (Brock, Serena, and Gary at least chose different vocations on their own terms. Misty didn't even get that), so if anyone deserves a return, it's Misty, to make up for the rather appalling treatment they did to her.

As far as Paul, unless he needs to go to school like Ash, I simply don't see him being in this series.

But I do agree overall that we need returns from a lot of old characters, especially when several of them such as AJ and Samurai Ash promised to face again. Not to mention he does need to revisit Pidgeot and Butterfree as well, since, again, he promised. In fact, the only character who even bothered to make a reappearance were Jessiebelle, that MC from Princess vs. Princess, and that gentleman that Ash traded his Butterfree for his Raticate.

Either way we definitely need to rewatch Kanto, and I probably will as soon as I can pry myself away from MGSV long enough to do so. Maybe also get the Orange Islands stuff as well. And since I amended my boycott to specifically exempt stuff Misty was a part of, I'll probably get the Johto boxed sets as well and thus get the full experience.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Which is why i didnt mention dawn and may lmao. Out of the girls none reallly fit the school setting but iris would fit the alola setting the most.

I watched the original series not too long ago. Its a trip to say the least haha. So much has changed since then both for better and for worse imo.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Which is why i didnt mention dawn and may lmao. Out of the girls none reallly fit the school setting but iris would fit the alola setting the most.

I watched the original series not too long ago. Its a trip to say the least haha. So much has changed since then both for better and for worse imo.

Don't know about that: there were some implications that researching water Pok?mon is a qualification of becoming a Water Pok?mon Master, which would actually work well with Misty's goal. But yeah... Iris comes pretty close to fitting Alola overall (though that said, Misty actually would fit in due to the water-based environment actually being ideal for water types).

And yeah, probably the only real improvement I can say about the series is there aren't any pity badges no more. Other than that, the series seemed to get worse after the original series (AG was pretty much pointless overall, DP was the start of the infamous level resets that caused Pikachu to have a nose dive in competency, not to mention steal victory from Ash even when he improves, BW... do I really need to explain the problems with THAT series?! XY came close to redeeming Pok?mon, and then they blew it with the Kalos League and the results of that, and now it's actually very low regarding SM where they don't even bother to pretend Ash is continuing with his goal). If there's anything even WORTH rewatching with the anime, its the original series.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I wasnt counting misty. And really its to each their own. I love bw dearly and will defend my bw child.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    I wasnt counting misty. And really its to each their own. I love bw dearly and will defend my bw child.

Well, there were some good elements about BW. For one thing, I like the fact that Charizard's now back in Ash's party for good (well, "good" being relative since he's now an Oaked Pok?mon, but at least now, he's not under another trainer's loan for training purposes). And so far as Iris, all I have to say is that, she may have been a poor-man's substitute for Misty, but she definitely was a lot better than May and Dawn. At least she hasn't gotten any indication of being a Hina AFAIK, while May and Dawn unfortunately were far closer to that stereotype. And even though I'm irritated at HOW they tried to call back to the past, I'm at the same time glad that they even made an effort to remember the past, which is far better than with XY and SM.

Back