• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Undefined Trainer Error

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2016
    Hi all!
    I was continuing my game's creation but i got this error message (attachment).
    I checked my trainers and trainertypes.txt and everything seems to be ok, I also tried to delete all the trainer I created but it didn't work...

Thank you very much for help, I am desperately finding a solution...
    Fornerio

Trainers.txt View attachment trainers.txt
    Trainerstypes.txt View attachment trainertypes.txt
    Error message Immagine.png

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    It's trying to parse an empty string as the constant. If it was actually reading a word, it would appear on the second line of the error. Something is causing it to try and read the removed comment as the first line, I'm guessing. I bet if you removed the first line of the trainers.txt file, the errored line would be lower in the file.

What version of Essentials are you using? Because you seem to have ~200 more lines near the top of your Compiler script section than there are in 16.2 and 16.1...

Back