• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokemon soulsilver

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    Hello I just bought this game about a week ago worked fine then now when I start it up everything goes black It will let me start a new game but not continue is this a fake game? If someone can help me that'd be great

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220526-181902_Gallery.jpg
      Screenshot_20220526-181902_Gallery.jpg
      159.6 KB · Views: 6
    • Screenshot_20220526-181930_Messenger.jpg
      Screenshot_20220526-181930_Messenger.jpg
      163.7 KB · Views: 5
    • Screenshot_20220526-181848_Messenger.jpg
      Screenshot_20220526-181848_Messenger.jpg
      178.8 KB · Views: 5
    Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hello I just bought this game about a week ago worked fine then now when I start it up everything goes black It will let me start a new game but not continue is this a fake game? If someone can help me that'd be great
    Hi there! Welcome to the community. I hope you don't mind I moved your thread to where I'd expect it to get the most attention. Not sure if you'll find the answers here, but I hope your problem gets fixed regardless! :)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    If you can post clear images of both the front and back of your SoulSilver cartridge, as well as any other information that may be of use, that'd help us help you.

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    Hi there! Welcome to the community. I hope you don't mind I moved your thread to where I'd expect it to get the most attention. Not sure if you'll find the answers here, but I hope your problem gets fixed regardless! :)

Thanks I wasn't sure where to put it

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Attach them to your post instead of linking them.

Years
  • I can only see the little picture in the title space of the thread and it shows the back side of the cartridge. Even with that little picture I see a lot of red flags, the Nintendo logo is weird and even the text below it has different font than what you would expect so if that picture in the title is of your cartridge then I'm sorry but it looks like a repro to me and not the original. More bigger/better pictures in the thread and not in the title would be better so that we can be 100% sure if it's fake or not, so if you figure out how to post pictures then feel free to post more for confirmation.

Edit: Also the easy way to confirm for yourself is to put the cartridge towards or under the strong light, if the Soul Silver is the original then the black plastic would look red(ish) with the light going through it. Only the original HG/SS cartridges have the red color in the plastic when the light goes through it

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I'm trying to post the pictures its not letting me how should I send them?
    Basically once you've gotten the pictures on your computer or phone, you have two main options:

1) Upload the picture to an image hosting site like imgur or something, then grab the image's url and put it in a post between [IMG] [/IMG]
    2) Click on "Use Full Editor" when making a post, then click the paperclip icon, which will allow you to select pictures from your device to attach to your post

It's hard for me to see much in the thread thumbnail

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    Basically once you've gotten the pictures on your computer or phone, you have two main options:

1) Upload the picture to an image hosting site like imgur or something, then grab the image's url and put it in a post between [IMG] [/IMG]
    2) Click on "Use Full Editor" when making a post, then click the paperclip icon, which will allow you to select pictures from your device to attach to your post

It's hard for me to see much in the thread thumbnail

Ok I just did sorry for the late reply

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    I can only see the little picture in the title space of the thread and it shows the back side of the cartridge. Even with that little picture I see a lot of red flags, the Nintendo logo is weird and even the text below it has different font than what you would expect so if that picture in the title is of your cartridge then I'm sorry but it looks like a repro to me and not the original. More bigger/better pictures in the thread and not in the title would be better so that we can be 100% sure if it's fake or not, so if you figure out how to post pictures then feel free to post more for confirmation.

Edit: Also the easy way to confirm for yourself is to put the cartridge towards or under the strong light, if the Soul Silver is the original then the black plastic would look red(ish) with the light going through it. Only the original HG/SS cartridges have the red color in the plastic when the light goes through it

I attached more pictures you can look at the rest of them

Back