• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tales of Vesperia [SPOILERS]

Years
  • YAAAAAAAAAAAY IT'S HERRRRRRRRRRRE!!!!

Arguably one of the best titles in the series [source: me], Tales of Vesperia has not long come to the newest generation of consoles after a long, long wait. People who have played it before, are you enjoying the nostalgia ride as much as I am?!

Players new to the game and/or series: how are you finding it?!!!!!!

Please be aware anyone reading this thread, there will be SPOILERS present as I imagine characters, story and the like will be discussed. This is your first and only warning.

Years
  • I'll just say, I knew there was a reason I always wanted to try playing this game. I'm getting into it much more than I usually do with games, so that's a sign that I'm loving it.

And had I not already played and absolutely loved Berseria before now, I would probably place Vesperia at the number one spot as well. Even then it's pretty close, so.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I AM ABSOLUTELY enjoying the nostalgia ride now that I finally got to start playing the game! I played the game on the ps3 version with a translation guide (which is still a really good general guide to use for things like synthesizing and such. much better than the wiki imo if anyone is curious) and it feels so good to be able to play it in english!! can't wait to see more of the ps3 moment parts (like patty!! and flynn!!) and continue to bask in it hahah.

Vesperia and Symphonia are both pretty much tied for number one spot in my heart. Symphonia beats Vesperia when it comes to story overall, but both casts are amazing and i'm honestly the number one thing that i'm happy about is that the people who were "bitter" about patty being a thing in the ps3 version can see that there was no reason to be bitter about her imo. She slots in fairly well with the rest of the cast and actually helps with a few points that the 360 version failed to touch on!

not that people who have never played vesperia will know hahah. those who are playing it for the first time i hope ya'll are enjoying it so far! i'm really glad you have been cowrie!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • were all of these extra scenes with schwann even in the 360 version or was i dumb and didn't notice them lmfao. also only just now picked up on the fact that alexei is the one to come get raven from the jail cell in the beginning of the game. um hello... anyway i am enjoying it. it's not nostalgic to me per se but it's still fun. i picked it up for my switch. also you are a fool if you don't get the free (free, yes: free) dlc for it. i'll always take free costumes.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I haven't picked this up bc I played PS3 version too recently and it's too close to KH3, but I might eventually. :)

Everyone please enjoy the added ristelle scenes, including such hits as "almost deciding to raise a baby together" and "breaking into a manor together to try to pet a cat". They are very good.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I've never tried a tales game, but as a jrpg fan the series has always interested me. I was so close to picking this one up, but due to a few reasons I never actually ended up getting it. I will someday though.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    were all of these extra scenes with schwann even in the 360 version or was i dumb and didn't notice them lmfao. also only just now picked up on the fact that alexei is the one to come get raven from the jail cell in the beginning of the game. um hello... anyway i am enjoying it. it's not nostalgic to me per se but it's still fun. i picked it up for my switch. also you are a fool if you don't get the free (free, yes: free) dlc for it. i'll always take free costumes.
    honestly it's been so long since i played the 360 version that i can't even answer that lol. but i think when i played the ps3 version after the 360 version i noticed that they hinted about schwann quite a bit like they like to do in tales games with certain characters hahah.

i love love the free dlc costumes and i'm so glad the first strike dlc outfits were part of it. i'm holding off on getting the eshop costumes though because they're all ingame costumes you can obtain in game. i might get them late though if i end up missing the side quest, don't feel like doing the waiter/waitress minigame or don't feel like gathering all the gald you need for the spa (iirc). but the free gald and stuff you might as well get it because c'mon. it's free.

though playing the name like normal is good too ofc.

I haven't picked this up bc I played PS3 version too recently and it's too close to KH3, but I might eventually. :)

Everyone please enjoy the added ristelle scenes, including such hits as "almost deciding to raise a baby together" and "breaking into a manor together to try to pet a cat". They are very good.
    yaaassss i absolutely cannot wait to see the ristelle scenes again. some of the best little scenes in the game tbh.

Back