• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Casshern Sins

Years
So, Casshern Sins was the anime I got for our third Lucky Dip.

I'll be honest here, I haven't got very far yet. I'm just about to watch the 7th episode of 24, but here's my thoughts so far.

Part of the reason I'm only this far in, is because of the pacing. I'm really enjoying the actual story and characters, but the overall pacing is slow to the point of being agonising. It feels like the story has been drawn out unnecessarily long, with what could easily fit into 12 or 13 episodes being stretched out into twice as long. This means we get a lot of unnecessary scenes of nothing happening, repetition and long stretches where it feels like there's no development. Then though, you also get weird parts in a few episodes where the pacing just blitzes forward suddenly so you get this weird juxtaposition of some episodes feeling pointlessly barren but also with too much jammed in.

It's a shame that the pacing detracts so much from the show though, because it's otherwise been very good. The story and its world are interesting and the characters are compelling. Some of the action sequences fall a bit flat, but the action was never really the focus, Casshern's story and development are. It just goes to show that no matter how much you like a story, it can be hard to actually make yourself watch it.

Still, I intent to see this to completion for the story. It just might take me a long time because sitting through more than 2-3 of these episodes at a time is a slog. I'll probably end up giving it a 7/10, maybe a 6/10 if the pacing starts to really grate on me.

Back