• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Electrum Version

Years
  • splash.png

Background Information:
    Spoiler:

Why Electrum?:
    Spoiler:

Plot:
    As a young trainer from New Bark Town, you are about to set out on your very first journey through the Johto Region! However, there is uncertainty in the future of this historic place. Not only is a criminal syndicate known as Team Rocket running about causing chaos, there are also extreme tensions with the neighboring Kanto Region over Johto's desire to be seen as independent. Win your way to the top and become the very first Champion of the newly formed Johto League!

Project Progress Status:
    Game is complete!

Sequel is available here: Pokemon Electrum 2

Features:
    Spoiler:

Frequent Questions, Answered:
    Spoiler:

Screenshots
    Spoiler:

Download Information:
    Spoiler:

Bugs/Glitches:
    Spoiler:

Credits
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2020
    I hold a lot of respect for you, I will definitely be waiting for the release!

Years
  • Thank you for your support and encouragement!

This week I'm working on Routes 35-38, National Park and Ecruteak City. The exterior mapping is finished, so programming events will begin tomorrow including the Bug-Catching Contest. Route placement changed when I enlarged the region, so those numbers link the Goldenrod-Violet-Ecruteak corridor.

I have added an additional screenshot to show a small area of Ecruteak that has statues of the Legendary Beasts, along with showcasing the city's autumn colors.

Years
  • Today I am finishing most of the events in Ecruteak City, which means that the game is now about 25% finished.

Here is a look at Ecruteak City from above!

f213l6t.png

Years
  • As tomorrow would have been my brother's 11th birthday, I was hoping to release a surprise demo. However, I haven't been able to function much in daily life as that date has come closer.

Instead, an update on where the game is at present. Everything through Cianwood City has been completed, including the main story for Olivine City as well. Next up are the settlements in the Whirl Islands, which I will begin working on next week. For certain, the game will release this year.
    Z2goZ3L.png

Years
  • A little update for this week... Whirl Islands are largely finished, just a few more events to add in.
    I've added a Dive & Catch contest which is basically like the Bug Catching contest, but underwater. Whirl Cup competition has been added and is a one chance event, so if you lose there's no redo.
    Spoiler:

Years
  • The game is now complete!

You can play through the entire thing from start to finish, including the post-game quests.

Thanks to all who download & give it a try, please let me know if there are bugs so that I can do my best to resolve them!

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2022
    when i get start screen after i click start that appears for me

Script 'SpriteWindows_Sprites' Runtime Occurred.
    File name nil

then game out
    pls help me i need to play your game

Years
  • when i get start screen after i click start that appears for me

Script 'SpriteWindows_Sprites' Runtime Occurred.
    File name nil

then game out
    pls help me i need to play your game

Hi Eslam, thank you for reporting this error. I'm very sorry about that.

I have added a new link which will contain the entirety of the game's original data. Perhaps there was an error when I compiled it. Do forgive me, it's my first attempt at this. Please let me know if you encounter this issue in the new file.

Years
  • I am able to open the game, but I cant leave the first town, get stuck with the following location and cant enter route 29.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2021
    i got file error when i tried to open the game :( error nil

Last edited:

Marx321

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2023
    Where does this play?
    Visual Boy Advance or what?

Years
  • I have sought assistance in the help forum to solve the issue with this error script. Until then, I have removed the links to save others from running into these issues.

I am able to open the game, but I cant leave the first town, get stuck with the following location and cant enter route 29.
    Spoiler:

Got it! I'll be able to edit this today. I didn't figure out until Olivine that the map connections thing could only be done on one map for one section. Very sorry, thought I got them all.

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2021
    i am facing the same issue as Oddrane, just downloaded today around 3 hours ago

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2021
    i tried the first link first, that was just game essentials and audio no images fonts etc, the second one that stuff but had the blocked path still

Years
  • i tried the first link first, that was just game essentials and audio no images fonts etc, the second one that stuff but had the blocked path still

Ah okay, got it!

I'll be uploading the larger file then with the map fixes this afternoon. Was hoping to do the smaller file size but I must be missing something from the tutorial video.

Years
  • I have now released v1.2, which fixes the map error at New Bark Town.

At this time I don't have information on the other bug that was mentioned but I have done a quick test three times today to see and it has not appeared on my end. As soon as I have help understanding that error, I will pass this on to those who are having trouble with it.

Back