• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Updated FireRed

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2020
    Hey everyone.

First, a couple of disclaimers:

I have no idea what I am doing hacking wise. I just started looking into how to make a rom because I have some cool ideas. I have no programming background. So I just going to jump in and see what I can teach myself. And hey, I have time now with the state of the world (Hope everyone and their loved ones are safe and healthy).

Okay, so now for the idea.

This is all I have now, open to suggestions:

FireRed based
    All original 151 Pokemon (Bulbasaur to Mew) And their pre/later gen evolutions. (Ex. Elekid -> Electabuzz -> Electivire)
    Stones replace trade evolutions
    Two rivals (Instead of just one)
    Mega evolutions
    Unlimited TM use
    HMs that can be replaced with other HMs/TMs (Clarification: If your Charizard knows cut, you can replace it with another HM or TM)
    P/S split
    States are color coded with nature and has the grade system for IVs
    Updated type chart (Fairy type added)
    Updated movesets
    No fakemons
    No fake moves
    No fake megas

Obviously with the addition of things, the story will change. I plan on keeping the main story and just add parts to accommodate the additions.
    a few fun changes I will like to add:
    Jesse and James
    obviously new rival will need a story line (I was think on making them Red/Blue/Green depending on the starter you and your rival chooses)
    No map changes really, but I would like another gym league and elite four for post game (A reach goal tbh but who knows what will happen).
    Change locations for some pokemon to allow desired pokemons to be available fairly early in the game.
    Change Trainers (battling styles to raise difficulty, teams/moves, and maybe add some trainers)
    Receive a special egg in Pewter town (Similar to the gen 2 games, but it can be any one of the baby pokemon with gen one evolutions at random)

Yea so that is about it, I making this post to see if anyone would be interested on joining me in this project. I am going to slowly plug away and see what I can do. Any resources regarding programming tips and guides are also appreciated :)

masterquestmq

Enthusiastic Rom Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Hmm, this is actually quite similar to what I'm doing called Pokemon Master Quest

Check it out, open to collaborating :)

MQ

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2023
    So your hack idea is basically inserting the CFRU in a Fire Red ROM and making minor changes to the map.

Interesting

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Dec 24, 2023
    Hmm..... (It's actually an good way to replay kanto but would someone would replay kanto if they already finished it) sorry but not my taste but ay keep working on it

Back