• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Completing the pokedex

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2021
    Hey guys,
    im playing pokemon x right now and for the first time ever i decided to try to complete the dex

i saw some guides with GTS to obtain all the legendaries
    so far no one wants my latios(i want lugia for it)

any tips?

Years
  • If you have a Gen 4 and 5 game (especially Platinum or HG/SS for Gen 4 and B2/W2 for Gen 5), import your legendaries up from those games. You will need a second (3)DS to import from Gen 4 to 5 games, and Pokemon Bank to import from Gen 5 to 6 games. What game is your Latios from?

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2021
    I bought used games x, as and sun
    so i took what left in as, there was only one latios and nothing else good

i dont own anymore games right now

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2021
    I didn't play yet sun and AS
    i just finished with elite four in X

do you recommend me to just move on to as and then sun?

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2021
    thanks ) just started as today

one last question, if i already own pokemon sun, there is any reason to buy US\M? will i miss anything?

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    Not much. Since you already have Sun, play it through. If you really like it though, I would highly recommend getting US or UM. You don't need to play them to get the feel for the generation, they just added a few things.

To bounce back to your original question, I am not sure if you watched a video on this or not, but to get all of the non legendary Pokemon that are still hard to get, using a starter from gen 4 (the only generation without a remake) will get you places. I used a Piplup to get almost my entire live dex xD. Just stick em up there and check back in an hour or so, its all you need. For legendaries, the trade corner of this forum can help you out, and i can PM you a list of some spares i got if you want them.

Also, you may not be getting much action as X/Y isn't as popular with Gen 7 out. You will probably find better luck using the GTS in Gen 7.

Good luck!

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2021
    Not much. Since you already have Sun, play it through. If you really like it though, I would highly recommend getting US or UM. You don't need to play them to get the feel for the generation, they just added a few things.

To bounce back to your original question, I am not sure if you watched a video on this or not, but to get all of the non legendary Pokemon that are still hard to get, using a starter from gen 4 (the only generation without a remake) will get you places. I used a Piplup to get almost my entire live dex xD. Just stick em up there and check back in an hour or so, its all you need. For legendaries, the trade corner of this forum can help you out, and i can PM you a list of some spares i got if you want them.

Also, you may not be getting much action as X/Y isn't as popular with Gen 7 out. You will probably find better luck using the GTS in Gen 7.

Good luck!

It would be great ! everything is useful for me :) thanks

Back