• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Movies/Shows Rewatched as an Adult

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
Years
Is there any movies or shows you enjoyed as a child? Then rewatched it as an adult and noticed something strange about it that you never noticed as a kid? Like dirty jokes, or even things adults would even know.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Face/Off

I enjoyed this as a kid, mainly for all of the action sequences. But after rewatching this film as a much older individual, i realized that this movie is basically a film that features two BIG HAMS in both Nicolas Cage and John Travolta who take their overacting to the highest of levels, then mix it up with the ridiculousness of any action set pieces directed by John Woo.

In short, I still regard this as one of my fave films, heck of all time even. I find this film to have aged well since its rare two see any movie, let alone, any from the action movie genre to feature two leading actors playing opposite roles to each other, while having a LARGE HAM level of performance.

Quiji

Shining
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 6, 2021
The first couple of seasons of Family Guy had some very risque scenes that I noticed recently that even the newer seasons wouldn't get away with, such as when Peter was holding a stone phallus.

Last edited:
Years
Lilo & Stitch came as a big surprise a few years ago. I never realised that it was such a poignant film, and the whole social services bit and how their family was being torn apart. As a little kid I was just like 'OH LOOK ITS ME' and never paid attention to the details. Ditto for Batteries Not Included. Damn sad, that one.

As for Slave of the Cannibal God, I always knew that people got eaten and gored in that as a kid so it's no surprise to me all these years later.

Last edited:
Back