• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Some Gen 7 moves

rigbycwts

Hmm, hmm.
Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2019
    Note: To avoid breaking codes, set the thread to Printable Version. This requires Essentials 16.2.

Shore Up:
    Spoiler:

First Impression:
    Spoiler:

Baneful Bunker:
    Spoiler:

Sparkling Aria:
    Spoiler:

Psychic Terrain: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9519058&postcount=5

Last edited:

rigbycwts

Hmm, hmm.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2019
    Psychic Terrain. Add the following precisely in order:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2023
    I made Aurora Veil like this, but I'm not sure it works perfectly (I tested it and it looks OK):
    Code:
    ################################################################################
    # For 5 rounds, lowers power of physical and special attacks against the user's side. (Aurora Veil)
    ################################################################################
    class PokeBattle_Move_160 < PokeBattle_Move
      def pbEffect(attacker,opponent,hitnum=0,alltargets=nil,showanimation=true)
        if @battle.pbWeather==PBWeather::HAIL
          pbShowAnimation(@id,attacker,opponent,hitnum,alltargets,showanimation)
          attacker.pbOwnSide.effects[PBEffects::LightScreen]=5
          attacker.pbOwnSide.effects[PBEffects::Reflect]=5
          if [email protected]?(attacker.index)
            @battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("Aurora Veil raised your team's defenses!"))
          else
            @battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("Aurora Veil raised the opposing team's defenses!"))
          end
        else
          @battle.pbDisplay("But it failed!")
          return -1
        end
        return 0
      end
    end

Years
  • I made Aurora Veil like this, but I'm not sure it works perfectly (I tested it and it looks OK):
    Code:
    # For 5 rounds, lowers power of physical and special attacks against the user's side. (Aurora Veil)
    class PokeBattle_Move_160 < PokeBattle_Move
      def pbEffect(attacker,opponent,hitnum=0,alltargets=nil,showanimation=true)
        if @battle.pbWeather==PBWeather::HAIL
          pbShowAnimation(@id,attacker,opponent,hitnum,alltargets,showanimation)
          attacker.pbOwnSide.effects[PBEffects::LightScreen]=5
          attacker.pbOwnSide.effects[PBEffects::Reflect]=5
          if [email protected]?(attacker.index)
            @battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("Aurora Veil raised your team's defenses!"))
          else
            @battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("Aurora Veil raised the opposing team's defenses!"))
          end
        else
          @battle.pbDisplay("But it failed!")
          return -1
        end
        return 0
      end
    end

As far as I remember, Aurora Veil stacks with Light Screen and Reflect, it's not a combination of the two. Get confirmation of this first, though

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey! I tried implementing Stomping Tantrum, but I'm not sure if it works like I intended it to. Here's what I got so far:
    Code:
    class PokeBattle_Move_178 < PokeBattle_Move
      @calcbasedmg=1
      def pbBaseDamage(basedmg,attacker,opponent)
        return @calcbasedmg 
      end

def pbEffect(attacker,opponent,hitnum=0,alltargets=nil,showanimation=false)
        if opponent.lastHPLost==0 && (attacker.lastMoveUsed.pbIsPhysical?(movetype) ||
          attacker.lastMoveUsed.pbIsSpecial?(movetype))
          @calcbasedmg=150
        else
          @calcbasedmg=75
        end
        return super(attacker,opponent,hitnum,alltargets,showanimation)
      end
    end

I programmed the code this way because I'm not sure how the game defines whether a move failed or not; sometimes it seems to use pbMoveFailed, and other times it seems to use pbEffects. Am I missing something?

Years
    • Age 21
    • Seen Nov 28, 2022
    Hey! I tried implementing Stomping Tantrum, but I'm not sure if it works like I intended it to. Here's what I got so far:
    Code:
    class PokeBattle_Move_178 < PokeBattle_Move
      @calcbasedmg=1
      def pbBaseDamage(basedmg,attacker,opponent)
        return @calcbasedmg 
      end

def pbEffect(attacker,opponent,hitnum=0,alltargets=nil,showanimation=false)
        if opponent.lastHPLost==0 && (attacker.lastMoveUsed.pbIsPhysical?(movetype) ||
          attacker.lastMoveUsed.pbIsSpecial?(movetype))
          @calcbasedmg=150
        else
          @calcbasedmg=75
        end
        return super(attacker,opponent,hitnum,alltargets,showanimation)
      end
    end

I programmed the code this way because I'm not sure how the game defines whether a move failed or not; sometimes it seems to use pbMoveFailed, and other times it seems to use pbEffects. Am I missing something?

I haven't tested it, this is what I think would happen when I look at the code.
    A few things I noticed are that the base power would also double when last physical or special move missed (I'm not sure if this is how it's supposed to work). It wouldn't give a message when a status move failed, which is actually way more common. Then there is indeed what you said about "But it failed!". PBEffect perhaps? I wouldn't really know either.

Years
  • I've inserted Baneful Bunker as you did, and when I tested it in battle, the Pokémon protects itself for ever, even if i use a different move.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2019
    I've inserted Baneful Bunker as you did, and when I tested it in battle, the Pok?mon protects itself for ever, even if i use a different move.

This line needs added into PokeBattle_Battle in the "End of Round" section. It's the same place where you'll find a similar line for Protect.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Back