• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Graphics] Does anyone know how to alter the trainer card in FR/E?

Just A Remixer

a low iq rom hacker
Years
  • Hi! I wanted to create some coloured gym badges, and I'm almost done, it's just I can't put them in, due to how the trainer card works.
    1(Palette): If you don't know, when you get a star on your card, the colour changes. Now why would that bother me? Well, most sprites use the first palette as cyan, which is the first cards colour, but it'll change when you... I dunno, beat the champion?
    2 (The numbers): Next to the badges, is some numbers. Remember, the first colour is used as a colour, but its actually the see-through colour, so the numbers will be seen.

Does anyone have a fix for this that doesn't involve ASM?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi! I wanted to create some coloured gym badges, and I'm almost done, it's just I can't put them in, due to how the trainer card works.
    1(Palette): If you don't know, when you get a star on your card, the colour changes. Now why would that bother me? Well, most sprites use the first palette as cyan, which is the first cards colour, but it'll change when you... I dunno, beat the champion?
    2 (The numbers): Next to the badges, is some numbers. Remember, the first colour is used as a colour, but its actually the see-through colour, so the numbers will be seen.

Does anyone have a fix for this that doesn't involve ASM?

I don't really get what you're talking about, but it sounds like you just want to change the sprite of the badges. Don't worry the palette of the badges doesn't get altered once you beat the champion (or any other activity that awards you a star). Check these bookmarks for NSE 2.0: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApGVD9RKIE7tc8BC1NWfNv7R74I (paste them in the NSE -> core -> bookmarks) , the offset of the badges' image and its palette should be in there.

Just A Remixer

a low iq rom hacker
    Years
  • I don't really get what you're talking about, but it sounds like you just want to change the sprite of the badges. Don't worry the palette of the badges doesn't get altered once you beat the champion (or any other activity that awards you a star). Check these bookmarks for NSE 2.0: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApGVD9RKIE7tc8BC1NWfNv7R74I (paste them in the NSE -> core -> bookmarks) , the offset of the badges' image and its palette should be in there.
    No, I already know how to change the badges, its the trainer card that's annoying me. I'm using a blank colour as cyan, which gets altered after you beat the champion and the numbers in the space next to the badges as slightly visible. I should've went in detail that CYAN ISN'T ACTUALLY CYAN, IT'S LITERALLY NOTHING, WHICH GIVES THE ILLUSION OF USING CYAN, DUE TO THE BACK COLOUR OF THE NORMAL TRAINER CARD BEING CYAN, BUT WHEN YOU GET A STAR(like beating blue), IT CHANGES THE CARD PALETTE. I did this so I can add a silver to the palette, due to some issues involving the steel z-crystal, but gave the option to fix other badges, at a price, which i'm currently trying to fix here.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Maybe you can post a picture of your problem, because I have no idea what you actually want...

Years
    • Seen yesterday

I don't know where you would need the trainer card image and palette offset's for but those are also in those bookmarks I sent to you;)

The palette offset of the badges is at: 0x3CD2E0 (which is also in those bookmarks, and it's completely seperate from all other trainer card palettes). But I think you probably already found that. You're currently using that lighter blue color as the first color in the palette, which will therefore become transparant. You'll have to make sure that the colors that will have to show up are not in the first slot of the 16 color palette.

Just A Remixer

a low iq rom hacker
    Years
  • I don't know where you would need the trainer card image and palette offset's for but those are also in those bookmarks I sent to you;)

The palette offset of the badges is at: 0x3CD2E0 (which is also in those bookmarks, and it's completely seperate from all other trainer card palettes). But I think you probably already found that. You're currently using that lighter blue color as the first color in the palette, which will therefore become transparant. You'll have to make sure that the colors that will have to show up are not in the first slot of the 16 color palette.
    Did you even look at the picture? These are screenshots (Aside for the pal example)! )I know where the badges are! I know the palette! I'm just trying to fix some errors involving transparency and gba limitations, because I needed an extra colour to fix many issues involving badges with silver, because I made the original silvers into a skin colour, for extra depth combined with black and white. Don't make me give an example, I already have(Cascade Badge). I'm trying to find the offsets for the TRAINER CARD tiles and palettes.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Did you even look at the picture? These are screenshots (Aside for the pal example)! )I know where the badges are! I know the palette! I'm just trying to fix some errors involving transparency and gba limitations, because I needed an extra colour to fix many issues involving badges with silver, because I made the original silvers into a skin colour, for extra depth combined with black and white. Don't make me give an example, I already have(Cascade Badge). I'm trying to find the offsets for the TRAINER CARD tiles and palettes.

First, you're the one asking a favour, be nice. Of course I looked at that picture, and the only difference is that blue color in the badges, right? Trust me, the only image you need to change for that (including that blue background around the badges) is the image of the badges itself. You don't need to touch the rest of the trainer card. If you, however, want to try and fiddle with the trainer card and its (first) palette, I'll tell you for the third time, you can find those offsets in the bookmarks for NSE 2.0 I sent to you earlier.

It's really easy to locate a palette offset yourself, you can use VBA's palette viewer to see which palettes are currently on screen. Subsequently you can use APE to search for where those palettes are located in the ROM. This tutorial might be helpful if you need more explanation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kD6ovBTcsTM&list=PLfI5DBI4tNyLBYGNhf1Ee8cgdmMtiilps&index=29

Just A Remixer

a low iq rom hacker
    Years
  • Yeah, I was a bit too harsh... but I'm trying to find the tiles that make up the trainer card, so I can keep the star altering palette thing and remove the numbers, but retain the cyan. Although everything you said will help, even if it removes the star color system, it still has the numbers. Thanks, but I'll need to find the tiles. It's been... fun(?) talking with you about this, but I might need to commit disassemble rom

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Yeah, I was a bit too harsh... but I'm trying to find the tiles that make up the trainer card, so I can keep the star altering palette thing and remove the numbers, but retain the cyan. Although everything you said will help, even if it removes the star color system, it still has the numbers. Thanks, but I'll need to find the tiles. It's been... fun(?) talking with you about this, but I might need to commit disassemble rom

I'll tell you for the fourth time then, you can find the offsets of the tileset and (first) palette of the trainer card in the bookmarks for NSE 2.0 I sent to you earlier. And you don't need any assembly to remove a few numbers in a tileset.

Last edited:
    Back