• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Inferno Red

Due to the request to have 2 regions (Kanto, Sevii and ???), which would you prefer?

• Johto (As it is connected to Kanto, plus see Johto 3 years prior to GSC/HGSS)

Votes: 18 40.0%
  • Hoenn (As the Kanto games take place at the same time as RSE/ORAS)

Votes: 27 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raven Valt

You gave me power in your gods name.
Years
  • no custom megas please, they usually look bad and ruin a hack, idm if you do some type changes to pokes but please don't add bad looking megas.

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    I totally agree. Please keep the game look like the official.
    Some type changes may happen, but I'll show a few designs (haven't done any yet, if they're hated will scrap entirely. But, will let you guys see before I do anything).

As far as actual updates go, have been catching up on progress to the old IR base. So palette boxes, etc. yellow text for crits like OR/AS. Easy Repels, etc. Overworlds being edited as well.

The rival also has a default name and is Green. I don't really care about following the official US name in that case. I'm not caring about being 'canon' to the official games. Plus, I've played Kanto games in Japanese more than English. So, Green will be the male rival and Blue the female one. In most cases I'll use the canon English names. But, for ones I think are absolutely non-sense I'm changing back. Odds are it'll just be the Green/Blue switch back though. She isn't being called Leaf. By that logic I should call Red, Fire or Green - Terry.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2020
    Do you have any ideia when will it be released? sorry if too many people already asked this

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Do you have any ideia when will it be released? sorry if too many people already asked this
    It mainly depends on when I have time to work on it. Usually working most of the week and sleeping when I'm not working. I only hack when I feel inspired to. I don't want to be releasing a garbage quality hack. Not fair to me or you guys. Hopefully an alpha or beta by some point in 2016. Doubt anything will be out by the end of 2015.

I have decided to switch the ROM Base to Emerald, this is so I can have contests, Frontier, Berries, Battle Areas, Dive, Secret Bases, already implemented without too much tinkering (other than what I'll be adjusting with these).

Years
  • Can't wait for this hack to be finished. This hack seems to fit very well in the "ideal" hack that I'm looking for. I just hope it includes multiplayer (linking/battling) because I and my friends love to trade/duel with each other. 721 pkmns + mega evolutions + 2 regions + sevii + new gen features = PERFECT!

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
    Years
  • I have decided to switch the ROM Base to Emerald, this is so I can have contests, Frontier, Berries, Battle Areas, Dive, Secret Bases, already implemented without too much tinkering (other than what I'll be adjusting with these).

Does this mean that the game will also switch to Hoenn? or it's still gonna be Kanto? I would love to see Kanto remade into Emerald! I mean I always wished that Kanto had Contests and a Battle Frontier so yeah. I wouldn't mind if it's gonna be Hoenn, because it's much more fitting for the features above, also if it is, are you gonna add some sidequests/new region/islands or whatsoever to accumulate 721 Pokemon?

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • This got revived last week so I'm just going to go ahead and close this, OP let me know if you want it reopened!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back