• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: The Darkness

Who here actually wants me to make this game?

• ME!!

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Not Me T_T

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

ScizorZ

ROAR I"M A TACO!
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2011
Hey Guys, I made a thread recently about requesting help for my game.
Well carmaniac, pitael, and the Pokemon Essentials kit by Poccil, are all helping me.

Uh yea for right now were waiting for Carmaniac to finish editing the highway and I kind of started the next route which I failed at making cliffs/hills

Oh yea I just finished Phanteon (can someone help with the name) a Ghost Eveelution to continue the Tradition of 3 starters and still stay in sync with teh tone of the game. Tomorrow I will update the story of the changes.

Now For The...
Updates!

Towns

I just finished editing Carmaniac's version of Alvary and here it is (it's the newer version)
Spoiler:

Next there is the first route, which in this game is a highway! (I wanted to put cars but some guys would be angry or just pissed buecause they can't pass.)

Here's my favorite so far which I just made myself, it is the second town:
Spoiler:

It is my favorite because it looks so awesome to me. By the way there are two houses to the side and two where you can only see the backyard.

Heres what all of my things will look like together. I don't really think the highway matches so I think Carmaniac could fix it up good.
Spoiler:

So far I have Carmaniac working on the maps for me. Right now I'm putting HG pokemon and trainer sprites into the game.

Character Section

Spoiler:

FakeMon Section
These FakeMon Will All Be Based On Ancient Greek Monsters and Myths. (I just got into the Percy Jackson books lol) Some FakeMon here are just fusions so to make up an explanation I have this- With all the Darkness the Dark and Psychic types in the region things started to change. Pokemon eggs mutated into horrible beasts that resemble Ancient Monster. These are in no specific order as I have not made a PokeDex order yet.

Medusis
Spoiler:

XD 001
Spoiler:

Laperior
Spoiler:

Regishock
Spoiler:

Un-Named Snorlax Evolution
Fighting
Spoiler:

These are all for private use and if stolen please notify me. If you die-hard want them, then you must PM me and I will decide.

Money-
At the end of the battle you will have the choice via CellPhone to choose whether the money goes to your bank-account, Credit Card, or your pocket.

Double Screen Feature-
This game will feature a top and bottom screen with the bottom being your phone, the iPhone. This iPhone will be complete with Apps, Music, and Some of my Favorite Episodes of Shows

Shows-The Simpsons, Original Pokemon, Family Guy, SpongeBob, George Lopez, and South Park, Though there may be more to come

Apps- The PokeDex will be an app for your iPhone instead of justa handheld item. Some of mypersonel favorites will be on as well.

Transportation- I have A Jist of Them I just can describe what they are at the moment.
Camaro (Colors- Cherry Red, Midnight Blue, Bumblebee, Black, or White) - This is obtained toward the end of the first Region and can only be driven on streets and highways.
Airports- These are basically around at least 2 major cities in each region (i.e. Viridian, Saffron, Jublife, Goldenrod)
Jetskis-These can be used to easily travel water they are obtained in the Kanto Region for beating Cerulean Gym.
Snowboards- When in the snow, you take off the wheels to your skateboard and it becomes a snowboard for easily gliding over the snow.
Skateboards- What do you think silly?

Summary- So far I really only have a short summary and info on the Pewter and Cerulean City Gyms.

Spoiler:

Minor Story Things:
*In Cerulean you battle Misty's sisters as she and Brock are out with Red.
*At Pewter Gym, You double battle against Water and Rock Type Brock's parents as I said before, he is out.
Urgent Message To Scripters:
Yeah now I need some-one to help me through-out scripting.
The Two Major Things Are That I Deleted All of The Pokemon Sprites To Put In HGSS ones and next I can't seem to put a trainer overworld into the game! Everytime I try it fails!
if anyone wants to edit my sucky highway, you can but I already have Carmaniac doing it so don't get your hopes up.

Last edited:

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
You should have probably made the thread in Plot and Story Idea Space

ScizorZ

ROAR I"M A TACO!
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2011
no because its a Game I'm making. I'll update with the new towns I make or Carmaniac makes for me. Also I'll sometimes update on how much I've progressed.

hey they automatically added it here! how not nice. now no one will ever see it. its not just plot and summary i have pics and stuff.

Last edited:

Birdybot

-insert witty phrase here-
Years
No offense, but that overworld is pretty glitchy. I'll make a new one, but you don't have to use it if you don't like it, of course.

ScizorZ

ROAR I"M A TACO!
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2011
No offense, but that overworld is pretty glitchy. I'll make a new one, but you don't have to use it if you don't like it, of course.
yea i know. you can help if you want and I can add you to my sig.

Birdybot

Years
Cool. I guess that must be the list of people in the credits. Anyway, I've PM'd it to you.

ScizorZ

ROAR I"M A TACO!
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2011
Cool. I guess that must be the list of people in the credits. Anyway, I've PM'd it to you.
thnx Birdy I'm adding you to the credits as the OverWorld spriter. You can also be a custoim trainer spriter as well (if your good at it)

Yeah now I need some-one to help me through-out scripting.
The Two Major Things Are That I Deleted All of The Pokemon Sprites To Put In HGSS ones and next I can't seem to put a trainer overworld into the game! Everytime I try it fails!

Last edited:

Birdybot

Years
You can't put the trainer overworlds in the game? Why? What goes wrong? For me, it works when I simply paste the new one over the old one and transparify it.

ScizorZ

ROAR I"M A TACO!
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2011
I'm using Poccil's and it says I need to setup in the Readme

Birdybot

Years
What? That's strange. For me, it works fine. Wait, do you mean that it just says that in the Readme, or that it pops up when you play the game or something? Just try using trial and error, you'll get there eventually. Sometimes when something goes wrong for it's that a data file is missing.

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
yeah, do you think you can help?:nervous:

Well you have the have the intro (where a professor or something happens to introduce the player) to set the player's name, gender, etc. When they are, they player is defined.

An unedited essentials file should have a map called intro with an event that you can copy and edit to base yours off of. You also have to have the "Player's starting position" set to that map in your game's file.

ScizorZ

ROAR I"M A TACO!
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2011
Well you have the have the intro (where a professor or something happens to introduce the player) to set the player's name, gender, etc. When they are, they player is defined.

An unedited essentials file should have a map called intro with an event that you can copy and edit to base yours off of. You also have to have the "Player's starting position" set to that map in your game's file.

thnx theo i already have the starting position for "Ghost Exploring"

Birdybot

Years
Erm, Scizor, I had sorta made the male trainer battle sprites and overworlds and a new scratch sprite for the medusa fakémon and a possible prevo, but the file collapsed about ten minutes or so when I was about to upload it onto Photobucket. Yeah, I'm extremely annoyed. But hey, I'll just make them... all over again...

Chesu

Boss Carrot
Years
Hrm... Cloned from a Lugia hair found on a beach? Lugia probably doesn't have hair, and if it does, it's so fine that you would never be able to find it on a beach... Hair is also one of the hardest body parts to extract DNA from. If Team Sanguis or whoever made it have access to the technology Cipher used, maybe they could have access blood samples taken from XD001 as well? I'm not trying to write your story for you or anything, but almost anything is more plausible than cloning a hairless animal from a hair found on a beach.

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
Your sprites and maps could REALLY use some help. If you want I can become a spriter and a mapper! I don't have any proof of work but I can really improve your maps and sprites.

Birdybot

Years
I think the mapping's fine, and I'm already the spriter. Currently working on revamping the current sprites.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
The mapping really does need some work. The maps are too large, and there is almost nothing going on with them. There are plenty tile errors and just too many wide, open and unused spaces. The side stairs are really irritating me, they are just floating about in mid air. If you want to add stairs, you have to raise the whole path level. Bits and pieces of trees are cut off and the honey trees are out of place. Maps are very important for RPG games and your maps just aren't....whats the word.....tidy enough.

Back