• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Unity

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2005
    Hey, I'm new to this forum and I've seen some great Pokemon games in progress, and thus I was 'influenced' into making my own.
    I must be honest, I never really liked Pokemon - the series that is, but the games where great and that's all that I cared for.
    Thus, I am trying to recreate the fun experience from the games.

The story is quite rough, took me about 1 minute to think of:
    Team Aqua, Magma and Bolt are all trying to capture the 3 Tiger Pokemon representing each power (Fire, Water and Electric) in order to learn how to fuse them into one ultimate Pokemon. Of course, they are not working together, but all have the same goal. You are a wannabe Pokemon trainer that just happens to find out about their plan (later in the game) and then you try to stop the 3 evil teams.

Now is this story good/bad/decent? Be honest. You're the one that's going to play it.

Here are a few screens to show my progress so far:

Title Screen

Showing the 3 Pokemon the teams are trying to capture

Route 1

Showing ID system and grass animation

Route 2

Seen by trainer, battle initiates. The trainer appears in the battle for a few seconds, amount of Pokemon he has shows, he throws the Pokeball, releases a Pokemon and steps back, exactly like the Pokemon games.

BikeShop

A shop allowing you to buy a bike or get one free by a special token. Choose between a Speed or Stunt bike). The Bike system is also almost completed. Press a button, you hop onto your bike. Hold down Shift while on bike to do a special function. Eg. The Speed bike will go faster, whereas the Stunt bike will do wheelies and be able to jump.

Pokemon System
    https://digitale.ho8.com/pics/games/unity/psystem.gif
    I made an Animation file - that only plays once, so refresh the page if you want to view it again - of a system I'm working on that allows you to take out your Pokemon whenever you want and it will follow you around.

Pokemon Centre

Looks like the Ru/Sa one.

PokeMart

Again, looks like the Ru/Sa one.

Pokemon Choosing

Just like the Pokemon games.

Battle System

The great one by DarkMage/KrazyMeerkat and others

-----------------------

Completed:
    Clock system
    Day/Night
    Random Weather
    Trainer card
    ID System
    Run System (Hold down Shift/X to run, let go to walk normally)

Almost Completed:
    Bike System
    Catching System
    Menu System

Not Completed:
    Experience/Level-Up
    Item Bag
    Pokemon Switching/Multiple Pokemon
    PokeCenter Computer

Expect a demo soon.

-----------------------

Whoa, that's quite a read. If you got to here then I salute you and thankyou for reading ^_^

Comments much appreciated.

Last edited:
    Years
  • The story is not bad, though its kind of generic, I still like it.
    Nice features, seems like you got most of the coding done.

I like the idea of the Pokemon following you around, reminds me of Pokemon Yellow, will you be able to see the mood of your Pokemon, or does it only follow you around?

By the way if you need any help with sprites, such as charsets, just tell me :)
    Or you can check out the resource thread.

Fox_Die

xlink kai user
    Years
  • Well first of all welcome to PC,

The screens are great, if you can think up some decent side quests then it could be a good storyline. One question, do the evil teams actually catch Entei, Raikou and Sucine and you have to beat them before they can make the fusion, or do you have to catch the pokemon before the evil teams?

Anyway, this game looks promising so far, keep it up.

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2005
    @Avatar: Thanks. I didn't even think of having Pokemon moods, so thanks for the idea. I guess I'll just see if the majority of people want it in.
    And thanks for offering your help. :D

@Lt. Surge: Thanks for the comments. About the storyline, I prefer keeping that hidden until the player finds out for themselves, more interesting that way.

Expect a demo soon, possibly this week. Now that I've gotten most of my bugs sorted out, I just have to fix it up a little and it will be released.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2011
    Seems like you've gotten a lot done. The game looks really good and the systems you have in the game seem well done. The story needs to be spruced up a bit, but it's still in its rough stages so there'll be more time for that. I'll be here waiting to see how your game plays out.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • You seem to have done alot of work already so I think that's great. You also seem to know what your doing so I'll look forward to playing this. The maps also look great.

Years
  • I really like your game. It seems like you have really put a lot of effort into it. I can't wait for a demo.

I'm not sure if your aware of this, but the battle system has support for experience and leveling up. I spent a lot of time working on it. The battle system also has a catching system which has been completed. When you are in a battle, press f9 and select the variable "itemuse" I think it's number 66 or something, then make it's value 1.
    That should be a few things off your list. I really like that .GIF of the pokemon comming out of it's pokeball. You must have worked a long time on this, good luck to you and keep us informed :)

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • The great one by DarkMage/KrazyMeerkat and others
    Thanks, but you've got the wrong idea. Meerkat did virtually everything. I'm just more or less coordinating the project, which isn't doing much at all.

I just wish people would stop giving me credit for something I'm not doing. I hope Meerkat will send me something to work on though (wink wink, nudge nudge) so I can contribute to this great project.

Anyway, this game is looking great. Good luck with it!

Years
  • DarkMage31 said:
    Thanks, but you've got the wrong idea. Meerkat did virtually everything. I'm just more or less coordinating the project, which isn't doing much at all.

I just wish people would stop giving me credit for something I'm not doing. I hope Meerkat will send me something to work on though (wink wink, nudge nudge) so I can contribute to this great project.

Anyway, this game is looking great. Good luck with it!
    I believe you already have something to work on *cough*pokemon selection*cough*

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2004
    The game looks good, I havn't attempted to put the battle system into my game yet and it looks really nice on yours, I wish I could play a demo!

PatriotFan89

Biggest NE Patriot Fan!!!
    Years
  • Screens are great TerraN! I can't wait!
    @ Professor Britch, he already stated about the demo.
    Expect a demo soon, possibly this week. Now that I've gotten most of my bugs sorted out, I just have to fix it up a little and it will be released.

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2014
    PokeMart

Um those are my edited chipsets, you have my edited tree, clock, tile, table, and Items, so can you PM me when you are going to use it?

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2005
    @Krazy_Meerkat: Thanks for informing me, the battle system is great and I really praise you for it. Thanks for the comments.

@Jay: I've never watched any Pokemon Movies so I wasn't influenced by them to make this storyline.

@Mena: Sorry, I didn't know that was yours as I noticed it in a few games. May I have your permission to use it? If not, that's fine.

@Everyone else: Again, thanks for the positive feedback.

I just tried to expand the battle system, but I received alot of lag (from the pictures) and so I am forced to cut it down to the original one again. I've completed alot of towns, finished a few side-quests, so everything is going smoothly.

Expect a demo soon. :)

Last edited:
    Back