• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Frost and Flame

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2016
    Hello everyone, this is my first time creating a fan fiction. Hope you all like it, so sit back, enjoy maybe get a cup of hot chocolate while reading through this.

Chapter 1:VILLAGE DEEPSNOW
    It was a dark night, the moon hung high in the sky as Zubats flew through it. DeepSnow village was a frosty place, even during the summer, hence it's name. The village was peaceful, no signs of movement just like any normal day. Suddenly, there was some rustling in the forest at the edge of the village. A young teenager rushed out of the forest, wounded. He laid his hands on one of the wounds near his stomach to stopped the bleeding. He ran into the village silently creeping through houses and hiding from the rays of the moonlight, as if he was hiding from someone. A loud rustlings coming from the forest, followed by the sound of footsteps. His anxiousness was trigger by the sound of the footsteps, they were heading to his direction and coming fast. With a swift movement, he hid behind one of the many houses in the village. He took a glimpse at the entrance of the village, by then it was filled with a crowd of mobs lead by three man. Three of them were similar looking, both dressed in suits of black, both with a menacing look in their faces. " I don't care if you have to tear this town apart, but find him!" shouted one of the man to the mob and with that the mob split up and started searching the village.

The wounded teenager rushed through the village, hiding again and again from the mob searching for him. He needs to get out of this village fast and get proper treatment for his wounds, but both of the village exits were blocked by the peoples searching for him. Quickly, he ran towards the village's Medical Centre. The centre was just a few steps away, but it seem so far. The last thing he saw was a house facing the centre, he topples and fell in front of the doorsteps of the house.

Alex woke up in the middle of the night, by a loud "bang" sound. He got out of bed to see what was happening. He saw a unconscious teen laying on his door steps. He looked around, no one was around, but clearly he heard the footstep of the angry mob. He saw the wounds on the teen's body, he was losing him by the minute. With much effort, he drag him into his house. "Kelly can take care of wounds like this. I will just have to drag him there". Just as he was about the unlock the door, he heard a deep voice spoke loud, clear and familiar. "I want you out of my village now!" cried the first voice. It was the village's sheriff Uttam. Shortly it was followed by another unfamiliar one "One of our most wanted theft is in your village, I want him here now". "Didn't you forget what happened to you last time, you crossed path with me?". Alex knew that the argument will not end shortly. He needed to treat the person at once.

Hethra was awaken by the sound of an argument. He looked around, it was morning and found his wound was treated, not the best treatment but can hold for a few days. He followed the source of the sound and ended up outside of the house. He saw a boy, a head shorter than himself , arguing with a person bigger and stronger than him. A girl about the same height as the boy was standing beside him, trying to convince him to stop.

"You collected the tax last week and you want to collect again today?" cried the boy
    "Boss's order, I am just doing my job"
    "You monster! Go, Charizard!"
    He threw out his Pokeball and a gigantic Charizard popped out, it gave an angry stared at the man, as if it had heard the entire conversation. "Again? Haven't you got tire of getting defeated? Golem, go!" Cried the man.
    "Charizard, use Flamethrower!"
    A arouse of flame went flying towards Golem, didn't effect it much
    "You have used the same move and made the same mistake for the past hundred times! Golem, Rock Slide!".
    Golem launched the rock typed attack on Charizard, with much effect. Charizard went down but Golem wasn't quite done yet.
    "Time to teach you a lesson, not to mess with me, Golem Hammer Arm!"
    Golem continued launching attacks on the already fainted Charizard.
    "Please stop!" cried Alex
    Hethra was fed up watching the kid get bullied,
    "Hey you rock face! Stop messing with that kid."
    The man was greatly offended by Hethra's words
    "You do not want to pick a fight with me, mind your own business"
    "What if I want to?" said Hethra with a grin.
    Golem threw Charizard to a side and focused on Hethra.
    "Let's make a deal my friend. If I beat your Golem, you leave the kid alone, you win I will pay all the tax for the kid and double it" plead Hethra
    "Alright, it's a deal" replied the man.

Hethra took his Pokeball out,
    "Go!"
    As Hethra's Pokemon got sent out, it was followed and covered by a cloud of mist, marking the presence of a very strong Pokemon.
    "What is that pokemon?" thought the man.

To be continued...

Years
  • The beginning was very well written, caught my attention immediately, but it threw me off when the point of view shifted. There wasn't any warning for it, then it happened again with the addition of the main's name, who was just known as "a young teenager" before. After that there were some grammar issues like missing periods and tense issues ie "-a gigantic Charizard popped out, it gave an angry stared at the man", "plead Hethra." Plus that entire scene was...bereft. The best part of writing Pokemon fan-fiction IMO is the battle, and you're good at describing scenes like in the first paragraph but down here you just kinda use the bare minimum. Also I don't know what happened with the formatting over there that it started having single breaks.

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2016
    Sorry for not updating for a while, been taking a break from the internet.

Chapter 2: Bitter Memories
    " 'Rain?' the man with the Golem mumbled in confusion at the sudden change of weather. Just a second ago the skies were bright and clear but now it was covered by clouds of darkness. He couldn't believed his own eyes. 'How could it be?', 'How could this possibly happen?' questions arose quickly in his mind as beads of water pour onto him. His confusion quickly met an end as his eyes fixed on the young trainer and his Pokemon. 'Gail what are looking at?' asked his co worker. He snapped out of the gaze immediately and manages to retain his confidence as his confusion met an end. 'Shall we start?' asked Gail."

"By now the road the separates the two of them was flooded by the heavy downpour. There is a height gap between the road and the sidewalk, just enough for Kyogre to float on the water. However, Golem was struggling to stand it's ground. Gail has gotten no answer but a high velocity stream of water that was shot towards Golem, before Golem could even launch an attack, it was knocked out. Gail stared in awe and shock at the young but strong trainer, as he watched his deemed strongest "Golem" was knocked out by a single blow.'How could it be? There is only two person in this town that could pull of a move that powerful' his mind of filled with thoughts and questions. He watched speechlessly as his co worker called out his Nidoking to assist but to no avail, it too was knocked out. After a long time in his own thoughts, he snapped out of the shock and recalled his Golem.He finally came up with a conclusion 'If I can't beat him there is only 2 person in this town that can and fortunately I work for both of them.' he thought to himself. Regaining his confidence once again he yelled words of warning to the young trainer and his friends before retreating to his base with his co worker."

"The heavy downpour stopped as Hethra recalled his Kyogre, the flooded road was clear moments later. He was immediately met by a barrage of questions by Alex regarding who he is, where is he from and why is he doing here. 'Don't mind him, he can get excited at times. My name is Arial and he is Alex, thanks for saving his Charizard' the girl standing beside Alex spoke interrupting the barrage while nudging Alex's shoulder with her elbow."

" 'Your welcome' said Hethra coldly. 'I have to get going now, they are after me' said Hethra as he attempted the walk but the increasing pain of his wound eventually stopped him. 'You are hurt' he heard Arial said. 'I can manage that' he answered coldly. 'You won't last five minutes of walking if you continue. You helped us so let us return the favour'. Hearing this Hethra finally gave in. As Arial led him towards her home. Hethra was stuck in his own thoughts, 'It's been so long since someone treated me this good' He stared blankly as he recalled the bitterness of his past memories."

To be continued....

Back