• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Generation 5 RMT

dead-man-walking

Alive and well
Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    Huh. I was bored. So, here I am. Suggestions are welcome.

Hihidaruma@Choice Scarf
    Adamant
    Encourage
    4HP/252Atk/252Spe
    ~Flare Blitz
    ~Earthquake
    ~Brick Break
    ~Stone Edge

Standard Scarf set. Hihidaruma can outspeed many things easily after Choice Scarf boost. Although he dies easily to... basically any attacks. But, well, any Scarf lead has the sole purpose of killing and then just die, yes?

I'm considering U-Turn. But what to remove?

Suicune@Leftovers
    Modest
    Pressure
    8HP/136Def/228SpA/136SpD
    ~Calm Mind
    ~Boiling Water
    ~Ice Beam
    ~Shadow Ball

Standard TankCune. Although I make my own twist (Shadow Ball instead of HP Electric and EV spread). Shadow Ball is there to kill the super bulky Burungeru (That Water/Ghost with a ridiculous mustache).

Electivire@Rechargeable Battery
    Jolly
    Motor Drive
    4HP/252Atk/252Spe
    ~Wild Bolt
    ~Earthquake
    ~Fire Punch
    ~Ice Punch

Coverage Electivire. Currently hasn't seen much use. Oh, Rechargeable Battery increases Attack when hit by Electric-type attacks. Gyarados with the same item is currently considered.

Azelf@Expert Belt
    Levitate
    Timid
    252SpA/4SpD/252Spe
    ~Nasty Plot
    ~Psychic
    ~Flamethrower
    ~Grass Knot

Standard sweeper Azelf. One of the main limbs of the team.

Victini@Choice Specs
    Victory Star
    Timid
    4HP/252SpA/252Spe
    ~"Flame Cannon" (Fire, 100BP, 100% Accuracy, Special, 30% Burn)
    ~Psychic
    ~Grass Knot
    ~Thunderbolt

More or less irrelevant. (S)he sucked at surviving. That's all.

Zuruzukin@Leftovers
    Shed Skin
    Adamant
    116HP/136Atk/128Def/128SpD
    ~Bulk Up
    ~Hi Jump Kick
    ~Crunch
    ~Dragon Claw

I LOVE IT. After three Bulk Ups, Zuruzukin can kill a Scizor (No Bulk Up deals about ~46% HP damage). EV spread to give him enough bulk and strength to compensate his low speed. More investation to SpD from Def is considered.

Help is really appreciated.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • As I haven't played a lot of gen V, I'm unable to give you a 100% proper rate, but I've got a few nitpicks.

First of all, Battery doesn't work on Motor Drive/Lightningrod, at least according to smogon, as it requires the user to take damage from the attack (hence, using it on gyara would be... greatly disencouraged from my part unless it also works on t-wave), so you might want to swap that.

Victini could probably do with Fire Blast > "Flame Cannon" for some extra oomph, but idk about that. Victory star should be abused though imo :x Grass attacks on a choice set is usually frowned upon, as lots of things can set up on that that you really don't want it to, as well as the fact that it's pursuit weak, so unless you lock yourself into a grass move, ttar can pursuit you any day, and as stated above IF you do lock yourself into a grass move you are set-up bait. I'd consider unchoicing it, possibly adding LO or leftovers as an item, and maybe use "psycho shock" > psychic, cheer up somewhere over gk/tbolt if you find the time to set up, and focus blast in order to both abuse victory star, and hit stuff like ttar, tran, sazadora (dark/dragon thingy) etc who would otherwise wall your moveset hard, and since 100 base speed appearantly outspeeds quite a bit of the metagame given no ss, you should emphasize on that.

(43.15% - 51.02%) CB Scizor U-Turn vs your cune
    (41.58% - 49.01%) CB Scizor U-Turn vs 252 HP|4 Def cune

(50.00% - 59.00%) CB Scizor U-turn vs your Zuru
    (48.80% - 57.78%) CB Scizor U-turn vs 252 HP|28 Def Zuru (252|28 in order to keep the total amount of EV's placed in your defences the same)

In short, if the mon in question has a lower hp stat than defences, max out HP rather than try to even out the defences, as it gains more bulk that way, w/o spending any extra ev's on stuff. Also consider Surf > Boiling Water if you want to take a more offensive stand on suicune, as it appears to me that you do.

Suzu has Shed Skin, amazing defenses, a move that boosts its defence + attack, as well as near-perfect coverage in just its stabs. I'd use Rest >>>>> Dragon Claw any day as it allows you to keep those boosts and it gives you a somewhat reliable way to absorb status. Also consider taking out a few ev's from attack and defence (while maximizing or near maxing HP) in order to put them in s.def, as you'll likely be assaulted more on the special side once your opponent realizes that you run a bulk up set.

Also, I don't see that lead hihi set working very well barring the fact that it is guaranteed to force out erefuun, which admittedly have next to no reason to stay in the first place. Since as far as I can tell Dory sweeps you if given a sd in sand and w/ suicune damaged, consider adding a scarf ditto perhaps in order to grab boosts n' stuff, or Erefuun in order to provide your sweepers with more set-up opportunities due to its priority encore + taunt etc.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • For Hihidaruma, you could replace Brick Break with U-Turn.

For Suicune, I'd run Timid with this spread: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe. It's still pretty bulky, even with this spread.

dead-man-walking

Alive and well
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    Opposite Day:
    I realized Rechargeable Battery's function some minutes after I posted this ):

Victini can be deadly with "Flame Cannon", and, indeed, Fire Blast would be more useful for damage and abuse (How big is Victory Star's accuracy increase anyway?). I'm also agreeing on "GK is stupid on Choice set". Cheer Up and Focus Blast.. I'll think about it. Psycho Shock is considerable too.

I guess I should change the EV Spread as you suggested. Thanks. :)

Dragon Claw now sounded overkill for me. Thanks for pointing that out. One question though, should I change HJK with Brick Break or something?

Also, ScarfDaruma kills nearly anything he is facing. :3

PlatinumDude:
    Thanks. Daruma seems just fine without Brick Break.

On Cune, I'm designing a TankCune, not a LOLSWEEPLOL-esque Cune. So, no, thanks. :)

Back