• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Game Help: Which one?!?!

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2018
    Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry. I'm completely overwhelmed by the amount of Pokemon games available, and have no idea which one to buy. The only thing I really want to do is get all the Eeveelutions, so I know that I need a Gen. VI or VII game, but I don't know which one. Are there some that are considered better than others?

Help!

Many Thanks

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    What's called "3rd versions" (Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, and Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon) are generally considered the better games in the series, as they are simply upgraded versions of the pair they're based off of. Usually Black 2/White 2 are considered one of the better ones too. Outside of that, there's not much of any real consensus on what the best main series games are.

But anyway, if what you want is all the Eeveelutions, then yeah, you have to go with a Gen 6 or 7 game to do that, which means your choices are X/Y, ORAS, Sun/Moon, and Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon. You can immediately cross Sun/Moon off the list, as there's no good reason to buy those anymore at all. So that leaves the other 3, though I'm not sure which to recommend to you.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2018
    Thank you for all the information! I really appreciate it. It seems, based on this, that my final choice should probably come down to the Pokemon, and which game has more of my favorites; especially the starters.

Thank you again!

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Well, Generation 1 or Yellow allows you to get all 3 starters in one run and thanks to in-game glitch known as the DItto Glitch, you can get catch multiple Eevee's and get the Kanto Eevolutions in a single run as well. If you wanted the Johto, Sinnoh and lone Kalos Eevolution, then yes you'd have to do Generation VI or VII. As far as I know though, there isn't an easy way to get all the starters from those games unless you trade for them.

Good luck! Let's GO is basically Pokemon Yellow again but with a twist :)

Back