• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Graphics] Help inserting new World Map into Emerald

Years
  • Hello everyone. I have been following this tutorial on inserting a new World Map into Emerald, but I'm having some trouble.

First of all, the tutorial is a bit difficult to follow since all images are broken, but I believe I'm following the steps correctly.

1. This is the tileset I've created, using the Sphere Editor on my world map image and then saving it as a png. Also used Tile Molester to save it as a raw
    attachment.php

2. Went in NTME and manually recreated my world map from these tiles, then saved it as a raw
    attachment.php

3. Opened UnLZ-GBA and went to 245
    attachment.php

4. Loaded the raw of my tileset
    attachment.php

5. This part is unclear. The tutorial mentions checking certain boxes, but the image is dead so I had to guess. I've tried this with and without the palette export (and trust me, the palette is the least of my concerns right now)
    attachment.php

6. Then I went and did the same with my tilemap. Go to 246
    attachment.php

7. Import raw
    attachment.php

8. Write to rom with the same options, and offset the data by 0x1000 bytes
    attachment.php

9. Finally, the end result
    attachment.php

So as you can see, it's a little messed up, so if anyone has any clue where I'm going wrong here, please let me know. I've also uploaded both raws in a zip. I appreciate any help you guys can offer!

Attachments

• tileset.png
      tileset.png
      2.7 KB · Views: 61
    • tilemap.png
      tilemap.png
      44.2 KB · Views: 61
    • unlz1.png
      unlz1.png
      38.4 KB · Views: 59
    • unlz2.png
      unlz2.png