• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Touhou Project

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    Everyone has at least heard of Touhou, it's one of the, if not THE, most successful indy game series, with millions of fans worldwide and thousands of fan games, musical covers and all kinds of other fan works.

Are you a fan of the series? If so, what games did you play and which one is your favorite? Who's your favorite character? Favorite soundtrack? Have you come across an interesting fan-project recently? Anything else you wanna discuss, feel free to do so!

The way I got into Touhou is through the youtuber Pikasprey. I've known about it for a long time and listened to a touhou track here or there, but never properly dove into the series until he started playing the games occasionally. This got me interested and soon enough videos like Cirno's perfect math class, Marisa stole the precious thing and other classics starting popping up in the recommended tab. Wanting to understand the references, I finally gave it a try, with my first game being Perfect Cherry Blossom. Since then I slowly moved on by the release order, with UFO being the last one I've finished couple of weeks ago. By finished, I usually mean finished it on normal, but I did keep PCB around and am trying to beat it without continues on hard mode atm.

My favorite character is Youmu (which I found out was a pretty vanilla choice). Second is Marisa because of how much of a chad she is.

Genso Wanderer is a game I'll definitely check out in the future and is currently on my Steam wishlist.

Years
  • I'm a Touhou fan, but I'm mostly interested in the characters and the story because I'm not very good at playing Touhou games. I haven't played the games in ages though, so I might be better at the games this time. I'm mostly a Touhou fan because I think that Touhou Project has an interesting lore.

My favorite character is Sakuya Izayoi. I think that she is an awesome character with a really cool ability, which is manipulating time. She's just so cool.

Back