• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon World] Et(h)ernium

Years
  • 1. The Introduction
    I would like to start the introduction of my universum from explaining term eternium, or ethernium by these words, I mean domain of eternity and spirit. This place is located in an alter-earth where, continents that we know today haven't formed. If we take to consideration two theories, very popular around audience today - the theory about empty earth and about atlantis, then we can assume that the land of my contemplation is deeply underground, and the only way to get there is either, through the holes on nothern and southern pole. Other option, stresses possibility of unknown continent, that hasn't been discovered by humans yet.

It contains seven regions, but for now i can tell about five, these are Johto, Kanto, Rijon, Najlo and Frejo (including parts of Kelgo). Every region, has it's own characteristic feature, for example people from Johto are for more traditional and superstitious, than people from Kanto. Further difference manifests in their ways of thinking, for example in Kanto most people tend to use their analytical thinking skill as their judging function, they also surrounded technology with some sort of cult etc. on the other hand in Johto, people rely on intuition and feelings very popular in this region are, also divination systems (of course with astrology on the lead) and belief in supernatural beings.

This universum is also nest of many conspiracies, lies and illusions there is always something more than meets the eye, the next feature is the variablity of things, that are ephemeral.
    In addition, regions have many custom places, that serve as dungeons to youngsters, who lust for wealth and fame, but structure of these places is changing from time to time (also their treasure is recreated along with their sentinels). This region also has it's own villains and heroes (with the most important one Terminus ), history (divided to three most important ages) and other organizations. Thats all for the introduction.

Ps. two things sorry for gramatical errors and for writing about everything and anything will try to focus. on one subject next time.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    What's the theory of empty earth and why does it mean that your regions are underground? I'm not sure that's common knowledge, so it might be nice if you explain that to make people understand your region description.

Also interesting that you give people different personalities depending on where they are from. Are you intending for this to be a fact, or mostly just a traditional way of looking at the populations, that might have a lot of individual exceptions?

Years
  • Firstly I will answer what the theory of empty earth is. It states that the earth is empty inside, it indicates that it doesn't have all layers that are located between it's core and our height. The inside looks like the outside, core work like the sun then. Next i stated that the underground is possible location but it's a good idea to add underworld.

To sum it up I meant that it is possibility, despite the fact that i'm architect I don't want to define everything it's one of options. Coming to the next point I simply borrowed that concept from astrology, it states that ones life is influenced by zodiac that is connected to person's environment. I think it is only a modificator that has influence not hive mind. Please post another questions it this reply is not satysfying.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Of course pokemon reside in this universe as well as pokemon battling but you know, i have read some mangas, some books, played some games etc. etc. so it definitely won't be only attraction. Trainers can resolve their conflict not only by battling pokemon but they may also transform their pokemon into cards and play in such way, or if it will sound better, they may play duel monsters game. I read the manga and I have to admit it impressed me, I like the system of their battles except life points.

In my opinion duel masters come with better idea of shields, once shield is destroyed it comes to the hand of it's owner. But concerning other regions i wanna state that they are not my conception ( but it doesn't mean i won't "edit" them ). Credit goes to Coolboyman - creator of Pokemon brown and Prism and to 80c - creator of Pokemon Grape. If someone is intrested in the fruits of labour that Romhackers did i wanna encourage you to play these games.

Last edited:
    Years
  • 2. The Introduction Part 2
    Last time I presented the most basic content for my universum, today I wanna go little further and introduce you to the political system of Et(h)ernium. The entire region is divided into three areas, these are federation of Kanjo wchich contains area Johto and kanto, the empire of prisem wchich holds regions of Rijon and Najlo and the last piece of land is called Nova, it contains two not introduced regions and Frejo it does not contain united unit but a lot of free city-states.

Now i wanna start from describing a system in federation of Kojo, it is a democracy where every citizen is allowed to vote and passively participate in election, the required age for passive participation in presidential election is 33 years (as a sign of full maturity). for simple parliamentarist is 23 years (the age of flourishing) and for voting 18 years (the initiation into the world of adults). The period of presidential cadence lasts for a decade, has such rights as vocation of senate, he nominates most of officials he can veto parliamentarists' initiative and has several rights based on custom (nothing associated with power) to his duties belong for example convocation of parliament at least once for a year for one month. Parliamentarists are chosen in general election. They are voting according to the given instruction by their city but decide in issues like increasing taxes, declaring a war etc. The senate is an advicing institution it also balances the power of president and senators. No law can be passed without agreement of these three states.

The second region is the Empire of Prisem it has emperor as a ruler, it is believed that, he recieved his power from divine beings, he represents them in contacts with people, but also represents his nation in contact with them. He is the ruler and owner of his. kingdom, he makes the law, yet he doesn't obey it. He has his fortress in wchich he resides with his relatives and officials. His fortress is very well located and terrain helps defend it, it is also forbidden place to most citizens. Many people who failed him was sentenced to death, because he doesn't tolerate rebellion or failure. His land is unstable torn by revolts of enslaved people and civil wars started by jeaolus relatives.

The third region is more peacful than the last two, however even there sometimes rages war between two cities, especially when power is grabbed by a person who likes to play hero and take it for himself.

Last edited:
    Years
  • 3. Pokemon
    Firstly I wanna explain the genesis of pokemon as a beings. They haven't been on the earth since the beginning, but they are the effect of bio-engeniering conducted by an alien species on animals that inhabited that planet. Therefore we may suspect that evolution occurs when genes of pokemon are rapidly mutating through exposure to something that was coded through that alien beings. Most pokemon evolves through the process called leveling, That process occurs when pokemon burns his energy both psychical and mental to defeat other pokemon. This process is boosted if fight is between two trainers, because it also involves burning emotional energy. When pokemon is exposed to the process of burning his energy long enough and when regenerates his capacity then levels up. After finishing some cycles it evolves, but process of trading wchich is not required may speed up gathering of experience or / and rapidly start evolution. Other pokemon have to feel very good with their trainers to evolve. When pokemon reaches such state, it's very deep and active hormones impact his genetics, forcing code to change. There are also cases in wchich item stimulates pokemon to evolve by energy emanation, it can be done through a stone or other custom item. These are general ways of evolving for pokemon. There are 251 pokemon species including. their evolutions and some pokemon from further generations basing on custom regions' pokedex for example for Frejo and Kelgo it will be Seedot and his line and for Najlo it will be Bagon and his line. All moves, abilities, types and stats are to generations sixth and seventh. It will be countinued._

Years
  • 4. Pokemon Part 2
    In the second part that explains role and functioning of pokemon in my world I wanna focus on more social aspects. Unlike in The vanilla pokemon series the pokemon can easily become a very good speaker in every human language if exposed to it, moreover they are not perceived as battle machines (except some idiots that never change). They also have personality that is given to them by position of planets related to their position as they start to breath. Many people of that universe is befriended with their pokemon (especially in Johto), they spent time with them for example on playing games, but in very broad meaning, children can play football with their pokemon, nerds may play chess with their Alakazams, families may play board games with them. Nevertheless the two most intresting things are that, the pokemon can vote, they can fall in love with each other and create their own fanillies. When female pokemon becomes pregnant, there is 50% of chances either, that a pokemon will be a father's spiecies or mother's species. There is no such notion as a breeding group. It is well established fact that pokemon are born from an egg given by the female, it needs time to hatch. Pokemon also leading their live apart from humans, as humans have their cities pokemon have their villiges established around the world. These are as I mentioned before apart from humans that probably would disturb peace and idillic atmosphere. There is no rule to wchich pokemon.type ihabits wchich village, most is politypical but there is exception towards that rule. The biggest village is is located in Johto, because of it's mild climate and beatiful places. As i mentioned before there are also some pokemon who prefer wandering alone or in the packs, these are sonetimes hunted and. caught by humans. In the last point I wanna state that the relationship between particular trainers and pokemon are influenced by their horoscope so if both sides are discontent with their relationships. pokemon is freed or traded away. This also influences where both will manifest their energy and wchich things will bring them happiness. Thats end for today I will come back for some days because I have to establish some ideas.

Years
  • 5. Council of Shadows, after Terminus exile.
    Council of shadows is a secret organization that has very big impact on Et(h)erniums issues, it was brought to life by Terminus. It was founded after the ruler (but first and foremost the conqueror) was bored with his grand power and decided to set out journey in search of knowledge. The organization was created to sustain the power that Terminus had over the land of Kemet. After it was created on Mt. Moon organization switched its quarters to Johto and next they built a castle called after many years Wolfenstein ( it is famous scientist that created Therion ). It contained 12 participants. Personality of every participant had to correspond to one zodiac, the way of getting to council of shadows is unknown, but one thing is very sure, they always reached first their potential candidates not vice versa. A candidate had to be very skilled in an sphere, the mandatory one was an original type of magic ( such in which any council haven't got a specialization). After Terminus gave them power, they have chosen their leader ( basing on horoscopes and their correlation to planets ' position to see who will have better more desired outcome. Another thing that they did then was to set up a marionette, who would make their policy come into being which means total control. Back then they did not have such technology that they have today, so they tried with the help of magic create beings that would observe people and influence their behavior. But this experiment like many others failed so, they had to resort to more traditional ways to gain control upon population. They organized many raids on the controlled country including controlled assassinations on their puppet. Their aim was to make people afraid and set a reason for greater control ( without unnecessary rebellion ). At the beginning it haven't even touched the general population ( due to good army of kingdom) so they gradually organized larger groups that raided the country. After many years of work their plan succeeded, marionette passed a law that allow their soldiers and security forces (that were recently appointed) called OCE ( observe, control, exterminate ). Shortly after creation of these forces they established martial law It was casual marital law, with compulsory delivery of products produced by manufacturers and farmers to the state. Security forces had a right to kill a person if they felt that something were wrong. Monarchy turned against its citizens on an today unknown scale. Accusations were thrown around, propaganda was speaking about an ultimate danger, that is about to unfold like attack of a creatures from the underground or rising of the dead. These actions were to justify their tyranny but were partially based on truth. The collapsing ( very slowly ) regime couldn't deal with these scary events. Disobedient villages were burned down to earth, rebellions and revolts were eviscerated, so fell the strength of the monarchy. It collapsed under series of strong raids and over the force of the virus that made the recently dead rise. The great state fell down but council barricaded itself in this remote castle. During its reign organization managed to gain wealth from the people some from taxes some from looting all types of luxury. They were prepared to corrupt next generations of rulers. The things I speak about happened 123 years after Terminus's death and everything went to its primeval state.

Years
  • 6. Spiritual Age - General History
    The history of Et(h)ernium is divided into three. major parts, the first is called spiritual age . In the spiritual age humans lived united with nature, but even then, at this primeval point the evil forces existed, but we don't really know much about it. There were many proto-states organisms called villages. Each village had its leader who has been chosen by a gathering. Back then people haven't fought with usage of pokemon but were channelers between the physical and spiritual world. The greatest war that exploded in the middle period of this era was between Yoh Asakura and his brother. The main cause of war was control and slaughter of Hao's done on people who were not gifted with magic. One side was for total freedom and the second for total control and elimination people who had no or low magic ability.

After the good side won the war new peace was established but for really short time. Hao was constantly preparing for second war, soon the new conflict emerged from the shadows, this time the catalyst was the places containing spirits that decided to stay on earth and connect to the shamans in purpose of mastering the self. That time to destroy every piece of opposition party of Hao wanted to consolidate the whole region.. Warriors who were on one side with hao created one big army that was conquering village by village, but on the other hand Yoh divided his people into four armies that aim was to surround and destroy army of Hao. In the end both forces fought the battle that lasted 7 days, many lives was lost including Hao's, Yoh's Rijo's Horohoro's, Ren'sand Faust's. Then the most famous astrologer in that world Mortimer foretold the end of the region. After this second war that involved whole region peace was established for a long time.

But another war occurred it's harbinger was growing hostility and making alliances what effected in creation of three hostile sides, the war came due to blame game for previous war and for making a territory demands by all three sides. It was all for all type of war and was full of bloody battles. After many people died alliance of fire won the war due to its blitzkrieg tactic and fanatic warriors. But after they won the ear and gained control over whole region there was another threat that came from the north, summoners. Shamans were defenceless against the horde of monsters from another dimension sooner they were destroyed. After the piece of land was conquered by barbarians 12 proto-countries formed but new force entered to the game, it was a tribe of fiery star led by Lev Zorovitch, after many battles and a lot of years of struggle he managed to conquer the Kanjo land. After many battles with other tribes he formed the state that was monarchy and called it Kingdom of Kemet which means land filled with mysteries.
    P.S - Sorry for long break, I worked on stuff concerning worldbuilding, so I can have more finished stuff to post.

Years
  • 7. Spiritual Age - Heritage + privileged classes
    Spiritual age was a period that ensured the growth of man. Many doors was opened in the temple of human knowledge .This applies especially to the philosophy and hermetic knowledge. At the beginning of this age (when peace floated over the earth) a man was lured to that land. He gave life to the three arts that are practiced on the land of Johto (but not only), these are astrology, alchemy and Hermeticism. These are three arts of knowledge speaking about the spirit, the mind and the reality. There were also more usual philosophers that worked around theory of objective reality. Further on, their thesis served as basis for law in early kingdom of Kemet. Neither technology nor process of unification was moved further because of many causes. Firstly people then were leaning more toward attitude of being not having, self improvement was critical during that time. Body was treated like sort of a weapon and like temple of spirit. But it wasn't weapon against other person but against evil. They also haven't used high-tech weapons so need for resource was low. Nature was treated with respect, human was treated equally with animals. It was based on a concept that life is the highest expression of the nature itself. Gods were thanked for food, water, shelter and basic needs of a person, but in that age people haven't made any sacrifices because they thought it is against the will of gods. Statism hasn't really developed because there were many independent villages. Every had its own gathering that decided about future of the village and human freedom was treated with dignity and respect, it was sacred to the people. Only senate was created but this experiment also failed. It was grand and idyllic time but like everything it has to fade and end. Not everything during the collapse was lost and the things that survived were developed to the next level during next ages. Not only the philosophical side was developed but also the art of poetry and herbalism (that was the current medicine system) first universities were created but not to study physics but to study forestry, mountains, gardening shortly all things associated with nature. The newly founded sciences of occult were u kept from people because it was believed that they will misuse it. Not everyone could acquire sword because blacksmiths were associated with the groups that formed in villages. It was very lucrative profession because items produced by them were expensive but produced with the best quality. Every village blacksmiths had a monopoly for production of their goods they created a hierarchy to sustain their economic power. At the down were students that were learning theory, participate in exercises in classroom ( basic school not academy ). After they graduated they were allowed to work as a blacksmiths on normal orders, they got a normal wage. After they worked concrete amount of hours they were allowed to take the exam to academy where they were taught management and advanced techniques. After that they were advanced from apprentices to masters they could have their own forgeries and hire apprentices, but these were very hard exams where 90% people failed, but criteria were objective and no one could become master through a bribe. Even masters could advance in their craft by taking exam and passing it they could learn some hidden recipes for ultra resistant weaponry and armoury, also not only they managed their forgery but dealt with luxurious orders that require more knowledge than apprentice has. Masters have chosen the grandmaster who navigated the policy voted by the gathering of masters and solved problem of conflicts. Another respected group were mine owners who held ownership over the mines and quarries (stone was used for some things ). The most important resource due to cultural reasons was iron, used to sword forgery. It was moderately accessible in Kohjo so its prices weren't high or low. Owners inherited the mines from their fathers, they started their career from working in hard conditions in mine with casual miners. The reason of that was, to know mine from inside-out and to gather the respect of working team and learn respect for working team. Owners weren't very rich they harvested only ten percent of mine's income the rest was divided by workers. They had nine hours of work per day, excluding weekends where they worked 5 hours and Sundays and holidays. It is not hard to prosper on the market because mines are specializing in the minerals. The workers also are choosing the person that will deliver and sell their goods also they collectively buy their food from farmers directly. Formally every person could become a miner but most people were repelled by hard physical labour. They had to also train their strength and stamina to achieve better scores. They also hired mercenaries to keep the mines and their homes safe, but sometimes there were such fanatics that were living in the mines, some enjoyed cave walking, sometimes they accidentally spotted something supernatural like underground city of other intelligent species, but then instead calling others and preparing for pillage they simply left them alone and they removed the way toward the village so both sides wouldn't be bothered. In more perilous cases they found a nest of an underground beast or miraculously a treasure, but in the most extreme cases they found one of the connections to the underworld or in more 'scientific' terms the inner earth. This is very dangerous place on that level ( we speak about first level it had 3 ) it was a colosseum for these who lived out there. It was barricaded immediately because of its danger. In the past miners sent exploration to that place no one returned moreover very dread creatures tried to go to the surface, sometimes they were raided by humans who lived there and sometimes very strange things happened, so miners even came with procedures what to do when such passage will be found. Most miners felt attached to the earth even those who felt strong need for exploration fulfilled these needs, there were even some who founded families in such conditions. Owner wasn't a corporate god-overlord like in modern times, his role was based on management in most profitable way finding a delivers if food, pickaxes, finding mercenaries that could help to protect tge mine etc. etc. . The last type of class that I want to describe is a class of warriors, back in the spiritual age notion of soldier haven't existed, these people were from special clans that contained souls who can master communication and channeling of spirit. The main task of these warriors was to defend the villages and their citizens before enemy shamans and the walking dead. Despite that these people were living in harmony with themselves it didn't mean that they were living in the save world. There was the mystical force that couldn't be registered by human senses but pushed recently deceased back to life. They were craving human flesh so before large-massed army of that beings people had to be protected. These warriors had to train everyday but few achieved such mastery, so they could cause earthquakes. Their lives were kept in touch with tradition , families were choosing a spouse for the warrior. To be more concrete for the shaman not all of them were warriors , some spirits could materialize and manifest as a summoned beings and be commanded by voice. They not only were warriors but were specializing in other things associated with survival. They mastered their craft in special places and also took a part in wars which occurred in later more decadent stage of that era. They had also enshrined a special codex in their hearts so in tandem with esoteric training they were moral people who didn't commit wrong things.

P.S - That was big I will have to slow down because lovely collage starts from monday, but fortunetly and not I have reserved some big amount of things for next time but it won't be longer than that ( how i wrote that piece of chunk by the way ? ). And that unfortunetly means that i have mistakes in raw text and have to correct it. Also thanks for reading and I wanna let you know that I am gathering data to make this world even better. See you soon

Years
  • 8. An intro to the league of light
    This is my first post since two months, i called it an intro because it is hard to tell a tale of such organisation with one chunk

League of light is not a organism created by a random person but tool of justice created by the god itself ( yes Et(h)ernium is a universe where god exist ), to manage souls and fight injustice from spiritual world and in spiritual world. League of light contains 33 best souls, They were created by god to be a participant in the league. An ordinary soul can reach absolution state by studying esoteric arts and putting theory into practice during life on earth. It is hard work that require more than nine lives, but when it reaches a state of absolution it may choose to remain in the astral domain, but if it haven't filled its quest ( every soul has given directive before incarnation ) during lifetime it is stuck in the same class and has to take it again. League of light is divided into three sections that are managing the god's domain. Firstly It is an organ of jurisdiction that has power over the souls that are staying on the light side or are neutral, judges their deeds ( if a soul was evil league banishes it to the underworld to repent evil deeds ) it also decides whether to take, or not take a soul that want to take another chance on being on light side. Before incarnation League chooses for a soul body that it will be good for it. The main criteria here is experience, but also potential of the soul to develop inside this body. Secondly it is a state-like organization that fights evil in spiritual domain, it has its military forces, budget, parliament, intelligence, counter-intelligence etc. and lastly ,it is an organization that deals with all bad guys of ethernium. This cell looks like counter-intelligence but is devoted to fight with evil organizations and stops conspiracies that are set against innocent beings, not enemies of the state. It also counterbalances them but it doesn't matter whether they work inside astral domain or outside or in both. The main headquarter is in astral domain but it has many less outposts tossed around the world. This cell had many important issues in spiritual domain they fought in a secret warfare against race called Annunnaki and Demons ( angels who has chosen to part ways during the civil war in an state, they took half of country and promised not to cause more problems to state of angels ). They supported states that are potential game to these two races but after a period of inactivity of their competitors they turned their faces toward the material dimension because anxious things started to happen. Kingdom of Kemeth ( alright I have mentioned this before so I will keep it short ) was conquered by an unknown enemy led by Seth and Terminus. As I previously described Terminus created Council of Shadows and departed for his seeking of wisdom and gives his power to the council. At first league was just looking at the actions of the council, of course in hiding soon discovering what council of shadows strives for. Unfortunately for this cell of league open war with the demons has began so their primary stress was the spiritual front but it doesn't exclude that few actions to disrupt plans of Council occurred and almost all resulted in failure. League constantly supported these who saw the corruption of council ( because people were bombarded with propaganda, council officially was an organ who helps the king to rule but in reality king was only a marionette, of course this lie was very hard to sustain). Gradually kings started to be more independent and council at that time didn't possess a techniques of manipulation , so they had to destroy the country. League started to sent agents to the material world, through the incarnation of course, the most famous action was to assassinate, Kadhesh the frost lord, a man connected with council who has sworn to serve the council after he will enter the throne. The whole plan was foreseen by council ( they had very good occultists at their side ) and resulted in failure agent was ambushed by elite unit of the council and destroyed. The other very famous action was an attempt to enthrone their agent as a king and with the forces of Kemet fight the parasite. At this point it is worth mentioning that council had army of their own mercenaries independent from royal guard warriors, also they had their own set of mages – ranging from white mages to black mages all classes included. Few participants at that time were powerful summoners who could conjure very dangerous creatures from other dimensions, the other few on the other hand were assassins who know every secret of the human body so they could slay anyone with one slash in multiple ways. Further in the future the other sinister force will happen that will lead to transformation in ethernium it is called Annunnaki, Reptilians or the infernal lizards. This race struggles in the spiritual domain with the league of light allied with the demons race. It is demon named Hashek who allied these two races to balance power in the battlefields, as league was too powerful to handle for one race. This war started as these 3 powers dominated the spiritual domain. In world of humans there were city states from which the strongest emerged and united these creating kingdoms, that throve and fell, so in spiritual domain this process started but it has suspended at war between these three subjects. The war started when these three countries confined with each other after some time. The race of demons was consisting of the thirteen tribes, which united created the state of hellish star. Every tribe put one candidate to become a king voted by the magnats ( means very powerful person ). The tribe had big amount of independence in everything, they created their law, foreign policy, economics etc. The thirteenth tribe was near the border of the league, and one day its leader headed to oracle which told him that a big empire will collapse and winner will take all. But demons had no interest in fighting such powerful country as league so he teamed up with the several countries that at that time were bordering with the league. One day the war started, everything according to plan. But the league had very good general who firstly who had flipped the main part of army on the allies of this tribe before he focused on demons.

Last edited:
    Back