• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon Guardians

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2018
    Hey everyone! After messing around with essentials for a year and kinds of tiles I like and don't like, I have finally compiled public tiles (some of which were slightly edited) that I am really excited to work with. Furthermore, I finally have a good vision of where this game is going to go, unlike previous attempts at posts. I am really excited about the game and I could use a ton of feedback on whatever you think is necessary to fix or what you see would be a good add to the storyline.

Background​

Bursting with its life, vibrant with its varying terrains, and evolutionary as a leader in transcending the Pokémon battling scene, the Oskon region is seemingly perfect. However, as Mark Twain once said about the United States of America, the Oskon region is in the midst of its most lucrative, yet dangerous, "Gilded Age".

Legend has it that Arceus, the God of all Pokémon, the Ultimate Creator, the divine ruler of Heaven, was begotten millions of years ago through the alignment of 17 different plates (Draco, Dread, Earth, Fist, Flame, Icicle, Insect, Iron, Meadow, Mind, Pixie, Sky, Splash, Spooky, Stone, Toxic, and Zap). Furthermore, Arceus's birth occurred liminal to the Oskon region and the Sinjoh ruins, which once connected the Sinnoh and Johto regions.

After the Birth of Arceus, the King of the Oskon Region, Francis Crowe I, who claimed the Divine Right of ruler after experiencing the birth firsthand, crafted the Jewel of Life out of the 17 plates, and presented it to Arceus, granting him the ultimate powers that a deity must wield. Arceus, understanding that not all humans are as trustworthy as King Crowe I, entrusted his first creation, Mew, to virulently guard it while the God slumbered.

Now that Arceus has entered his most recent slumber, Mew has yet again been charged with the task of hiding the Jewel of Life, now divided back into its original plates, where no human can ever reach it. But now, human greed has prevailed human kindness, ultimately catalyzing the ascendance of multiple cults that are looking to obtain the plates in order to modify, and consequently control, their own Legendary Pokémon.

You, the player, hail from one of the Oskon region's oldest parts, Knusk village. Along your journey, you will immerse yourself in relationships with multiple characters, friend or foe, and the surrounding geography, including grassy hills, parched deserts, dark swamps and forests, cold winter-wonderlands, and much, much more. You will make decisions, petty or major, that will ultimately affect your in-game experience, ranging from the items you receive to the people who surround you. After receiving your starter Pokemon (which will be one of a multitude of options) you will attend OJS University, which will encompass students who have succeeded in their pre-testing in their respective regions of Oskon, Johto, or Sinnoh.

After graduating from the University's trainer program, you will find yourself competing in district tournaments in the Oskon region, where in order to continue on your tournament challenge, you must win in your district and then the next one (and the next one…). In these tournament battles, the battle style is on "Set", no healing items may be used (in order to simulate anime-esque battles), and there is a level cap in order to create a reasonable challenge. Finally, if you qualify for the Oskon region tournament, a select amount of qualified and dedicated trainers will be selected to participate in the Pokemon World Tournament (PWT), where they will compete against trainers from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos, and Alola. The winner of the grand tournament will be crowned Pokemon Champion of the World!

Your rivals are all very unique in that they will have their own personal growth. Furthermore, the decisions you make (whether you do something or say something (yes your character talks)), small or big, are literally tracked and will effect small things such as what Pokemon you will receive, what item you might be given, or even who becomes your ally, or your enemy...

Here are some screenshots from the game (the screenshots are large, I will fix that soon):
    Spoiler:

Also, I have compiled music from all types of Pokemon games (Colosseum, DPPt, HGSS, remixes of these, BW, XY) and other games (Final Fantasy) where they seem fit.

Credits (I have a lengthy list I have to really do, but this is it for now):
    Poccil, Maruno (essentials)
    luka sj (UI stuff, Title screen)
    many other people and things: mej71, ludicrous89, m3rein, kr3rdparty, klein, FL, stophastic, im sure there are others!
    GAMEFREAK and Pokemon Company
    Thanks!

Last edited:

Venomous_Zero86

Pokemon Chosen Ones (Coming Soon)
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2022
    ALSO: Looking for spriters, specifically mega evolutions and maybe OWs.

hey I am currently working on a game which does revall around arceus pokemon chosen ones but i don't mind helping in ur game also it seems really interesting if u want my help just email me at [email protected] or contact me on deviant art as venomous zero well thats all btw if u know anyone extra that i can get help on with in my game plz notifiy me I only have two other people which are artist ,artist/writer

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    Looks like a really good game! Do you have any idea when a demo could be played?

Back