• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rain Dance Team (Uber RMT)

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
This team has done fairly well for me on the TeamUber Shoddy server (where I do most of my playing on Shoddy). I wanted an Uber weather team and at first I thought hail but the lacks of viable Ice-types in Ubers made me decide on a rain team.

groudon.png

Groudon @ Focus Sash
Adamant nature
EVs: 112 HP/252 Atk/8 Def/136 Spe
-Stealth Rock
-Rock Polish
-Fire Punch
-Earthquake

kyogre.png

Kyogre @ Choice Specs
Timid nature
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
-Water Spout
-Hydro Pump
-Ice Beam
-Thunder

Standard Specs Kyogre. The idea is to lead off by setting up the rain. I then proceed to use Water Spout unless my opponent's lead is weak to Ice Beam or Thunder. If I sense that my opponent's lead is too threatening I will switch immediately since I want Kyogre to be able to come back later if rain needs to be set-up again.

scizor.png

Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant nature
EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spe
-Bullet Punch
-U Turn
-Superpower
-Pursuit

Since the rain mitigates Scizor's 4x weakness to Fire moves, I decided on it as switch-in whenever I anticipate a Grass move. Also, with the high amount of Psychic Pokemon running around, Pursuit comes in handy. Scizor also revenge kills nicely with Bullet Punch.

giratina.png

Giratina @ Lum Berry
Timid nature
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spd
-Draco Meteor
-Shadow Ball
-Aura Sphere
-Magic Coat

This Giratina set has two jobs. The first is to hit hard with STAB Draco Meteor. The second is to bait Darkrai into Dark Voiding while I use Magic Coat. This can also be used on any status inducer.

rayquaza.png

Rayquaza @ Persim Berry
Jolly nature
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
-Swords Dance
-Outrage
-ExtremeSpeed
-Stone Edge

SD Rayquaza is a beast at 876 Attack and a powerful STAB Outrage. It has ExtremeSpeed to make up for its mediocre Speed stat and Stone Edge for coverage.

manaphy.png

Manaphy @ Life Orb
Timid nature
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
-Tail Glow
-Rest
-Surf
-Grass Knot

The idea here is to spam three Tail Glows until its rain boosted Surfs even gives Blissey a run for its money. Since it instantly wakes up due to Hydration, it has Rest to keep it going.

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
You are aware Swampert is basically an inferior Groudon right and its a much better lead than Pert? 2 weather inducers isn't a problem if you conserve Kyogre. It can also lure in and paralyze Lugia which opens up Ray sweeps.

Magic Coat sucks, Darkrai wont Sleep something it can OHKO. (80-94% with unboosted LO Dark Pulse). :/

248 HP / 252 Att / 8 Speed on Scizor plz.

You cant take sleep for squat, no really you cant lol. Kyogre is also the worst lead ever. Stuff can T-Wave it, set up Spikes/SR, Sleep it and goodness knows what else.

This team is also extremely slow which makes you bait for anything fast (Mewtwo, Darkrai etc). :/

EDIT :

And the simple fact you're not using U-Turn on CB Scizor is moronic. U-Turn is its BEST move. ~___~

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
I thought Groudon might pose a problem but if you think it won't I'll def give it a shot. I could lead with Groudon then bring Kyogre in later so I get SR up early.

I already replaced Bug Bite with U-Turn on Scizor and replaced Giratina-O with Giritina-A holding a Lum Berry though that Pokemon may get replaced entirely (I hear Arceus isn't banned anymore so I may use that or use Mewtwo). As for Pert, I was originally going to use Quagsire but decided against it so I can get SR in on my team but now I'm going to try out Groudon.

Back