• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [NDS] NDS Map Maker (map creator for IV and V gen!)

mikelan98

Bendiciones y buenas noches
Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2023
    DmgZN68.png

DOWNLOAD NDS MAP MAKER 1.2.0

This toolchain allows us to create maps for NDS games (Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HG, SS...) without knowing any aspect of 3D modeling. There's a Excel template for creating the maps by composing images (included with the tools). IMDbuilder is a tool that creates directly the .imd model from it, while OBJbuilder creates the .obj (and .mtl) model if you want it to be imported in 3DS Max or Maya (if you know to use these programs and you want, for instance, apply vertex colors or something like that).

Please, try to read the document. It is in English and will help a lot to understand how to use the tool.

EuV3Odr.png

There's a screenshot of the Excel template, along with the in-game 3D model:

6LrX68t.png

If used, credits are required

Last edited:

KJGungeon

Rom-hacker, & Researcher
    Years
  • Amazing; your time off the forums had paid off with this program. I'll test it out with my heavily modded Rom of Pokemon HG. When do you think it can load or view most of the maps i've worked on. I finished translating at least 15 pages almost done so hopefully more english spoken rom hackers will likely read it.

Last edited:

Anthroyd

Professor
    Years
  • I haven't even read the whole thread but looks awesome ^_^
    I'll try it out and give you some feedback once I get some free time.

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2019
    so i am currently using your tool to create a pokemon platinum rom hack. i edited twinleaf town and it worked perfectly. like seriously, this tool is so user-friendly i cant even! its definetly the best tool to use for creating new maps. but there is a problem. once i add a custom version of route 201 the game flikkers (i get 1 frame black window and 1 frame normal game) and once i cross the centre line of a map (so you have 16 tiles to the left and 16 tiles to the right) the game freezes. i imported the maps using Spiky's ds map editor.

what could cause the freezes? for the warps and events i just changed the location so nothing special. has someone used the tool or had a similar problem using other tools? please help because im planning on making a full platinum rom hack and with this tool its super easy!

mikelan98

Bendiciones y buenas noches
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2023
    I've updated the tool with several things:

• Improved system for assign heights to tiles: now you can dim the layers with heights you are not working with
    • New 3D tiles for HeartGold and SoulSilver
    • Full support for HGSS: dynamic textures now work properly in this games
    • Documentation is now in English
    • Minor bugfixes in the code

Back