• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Cobalt

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    the firewall is no issue and the game's save is where it should be

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2022
    the firewall is no issue and the game's save is where it should be

Ok, I tried replicating the issue on my own PC but haven't been able to see any issues saving in Melba City. If it happens again, could you copy the error log that appears on screen so I can dig a little into where it's crashing code wise? Also is it ONLY Melba where this is occurring?

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    the problem is now happening on route 17 after backtracking to get an exeggcute for the second gym. I'll get the error message as soon as I can

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2022
    ok got the error report, I got this when I tried to save.

https://i.imgur.com/jHPSvCP.png

EDIT: I got another different error code after a save attempt near Melba once again.

https://imgur.com/CGgaZWL

Ohhhhhh I know exactly what's causing this but it's super strange as I removed the ability to access the GTS. Why this is running while you're saving is just odd. I'll completely remove the script from the game, hopefully that will fix it. I'll have a new update ready soon.

Thanks for finding this!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2022
    New Update!
    v0.4.5

Bug Fixes
    -Fixed a major bug where all ground type moves would fail. Sorry Ground Type Lovers!
    -Significantly increased Job Points needed to level up. Made it too easy for ya ;)
    -Removed an unused GTS script potentially causing saves to crash

The above issues were tested with a fresh game, if you're finding any issues with pre-existing saves then please let me know and try starting a fresh save.

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Crap I forgot to mention this! If you enter Banksia's lab and exit, you'll be stuck in the wall! Since I only did that once by accident, and the more rpessing issue I had was the save crash, I wound up forgetting about this bug. For now everyone should never re-enter the lab after you get your starter. Since this bug is otherwise not an issue to the gameplay under normal conditions, I think this can wait until the next content patch.

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2022
    Crap I forgot to mention this! If you enter Banksia's lab and exit, you'll be stuck in the wall!

Cheers, I've added a small 'known bugs' section to the thread to collect anything like this while I'm finishing the next update.

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2022
    NEW UPDATE!!

This is the first major story expansion update, hopefully you guys enjoy!
    See below for details on what has changed and as always, feedback and bug reports are appreciated.

v0.5
    Story:
    -Players can now experience the story up to earning their 3rd Gym Badge!

New Locations & Events:
    - Explore several new routes, towns and dungeons!
    - Day Care Centre is now available

Overworld:
    - More scenic touches added to existing Routes and Towns

Jobs
    - Dragoon and Geomancer Jobs are now completed. See the Job Guide for more information.

Misc:
    - Updated battle mechanics to Gen 6+ style
    - Reduced the difficulty of some events and major fights before the 2nd Gym
    - Major trainer battles now have consistent move sets, abilities etc

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed several text, graphical and event issues
    - Fixed missing audio in some areas
    - Players will stop getting stuck in a wall when exiting the Nuev Pokemon Labs
    - The hidden secret should no longer trap players for all eternity
    - Kyle now has the correct starter Pokemon in Melba City

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2022
    NEW UPDATE!!

I was very motivated to complete the Job System so please enjoy this update with every Job now finished!

v.0.5.5 (JOB SYSTEM COMPLETE!)
    All Jobs are now 100% completed!
    See the Job Guide for a full breakdown on what each Job can do!

NEW FEATURES
    -Battle Skills-
    Certain Jobs have access to special moves that can be used during battle. This is a once per battle limit so use them wisely!

-Performer Job Class-
    The Monk has been retired and replaced with a new Performer job class.
    (All Pokemon that were previously Monks are now Performers)

-Levelling System Improvements-
    Wild Pokemon can now be caught with Job Levels higher than Lvl 1 depending on their level.
    Other Trainers Pokemon will now have Job Levels scaled to their current level.

Bug Fixes
    -Fixed some text issues

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    nope, i thought it would be a good game but i just got the starter being forced to lose a battle pisses me off so i'm gone bye

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2022
    nope, i thought it would be a good game but i just got the starter being forced to lose a battle pisses me off so i'm gone bye

Sorry to hear that you couldn't see past the first rival battle. I can understand if not winning isn't to everyone's tastes 🙂

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    it was the second battle for me with the rock paper scissors thing that i won, but it's basically a script at this point, being forced to lose is always a pet peeve for me, if there was a way to win it and i had found a way then I would've kept playing but a forced loss is just terrible

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2022
    Its Update Time!
    Welcome to Version 0.6.0

As always please continue to report issues if you find them!

Overworld + Exploration
    - Players can now cut down small trees using the Rusty Axe
    - Players can now break rocks using the Rock Smasher
    - Lake Elvive is now reachable from both Route 5 and Jade Forest
    - Jade Forest and Redrock Cave have new areas to explore
    - The Fossil Maniacs house has been moved to Anvel Town and a new resident has made their home in Kilka Town in his place
    - Minor scenery changes

Story + Events
    - Players can now pick up the appropriate evolution stone for their starter Pokemon in Melba Labs
    - New event added to Redrock Cave (Requires Rock Smasher)

Job System
    - Summary Screen now contains a list of the job skills and traits unlocked at each Job Level. Expect further improvements to in-game guides for Jobs in the future!

Pokemon
    - Minor changes made to the Pokedex and Pokemon available (This does not effect Pokemon you can currently catch)
    - Minor encounter rate changes
    - Major changes made to starter Pokemon movesets and stats to make them more balanced (I.e Cottonee is actually usable now)

Gameplay
    - Adjustments have been made to reduce the massive level spike between 2nd and 3rd Gym.
    - Badges required to purchase certain items at the Melba City Department Store have been adjusted.

Major Bug Fixes
    - Fixed Performer Pokemon causing the game to crash if they won a battle
    - FIxed the 3rd Gym Leader fight from crashing instantly (I'm honestly surprised I missed that)
    - Fixed the move Metal Claw from crashing the game when used.

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2023
    script 'FmodEX' line 71 FmodEx::Error Occurred.

fmod error! (67) a resource that the plugin requires cannot be found. (ie the DLS file for MIDI playback or other Dlls that it needs to load)

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2022
    script 'FmodEX' line 71 FmodEx::Error Occurred.

fmod error! (67) a resource that the plugin requires cannot be found. (ie the DLS file for MIDI playback or other Dlls that it needs to load)

Are you getting this at a particular point in the game? Or just when you try to run it?

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2021
    What exactly is the Cleric job skill 'Esuna' supposed to do? I got a Snubbull with it (traded a Zorua to the NPC) but every time I attempt to use it it just says 'it will have no effect'.

Oh, also, a couple suggestions for ya: - XP chart for 'Jobs', so we know roughly when our Pokemon ought to gain a level in them
    - An actual description of the 'out of battle skills' of the Cleric job, since their effects may not be obvious (as noted above).

Not sure if any/all of these are already planned, but in case they weren't, here ya go. :)

Last edited:

ARCEUS493ZELDA

ArcBolt27
    Years
    • Seen today
    What exactly is the Cleric job skill 'Esuna' supposed to do? I got a Snubbull with it (traded a Zorua to the NPC) but every time I attempt to use it it just says 'it will have no effect'.

Oh, also, a couple suggestions for ya: - XP chart for 'Jobs', so we know roughly when our Pokemon ought to gain a level in them
    - An actual description of the 'out of battle skills' of the Cleric job, since their effects may not be obvious (as noted above).

Not sure if any/all of these are already planned, but in case they weren't, here ya go. :)

im gonna take a random guess and say you havent played final fantasy games? because if you know esuna from there then iirc u also know esuna in here same for the other skills cleric gets at later job levels

Last edited:
    Back