• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Help! I'm New!

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2019
    So I have been reading and playing several fan games over the last year or so, and I want to take a stab at making my own. Is there anyone willing to help me get started as far as at least pointing me in the right direction? I don't have a clue even where to begin.

How can I make my own game?

Years
    • Seen today
    Well to start, you do need to think about what you plan to use to make your game. Pokemon Essentials is pretty common but other engines exist like PSDK. Both of those do require RMXP though, so you'll need to get your hands on a copy of that. In addition, Pokemon Essentials was taken down a while ago, which means we are not allowed to link to it on the forums, so you are on your own when it comes to finding a copy. The latest version is v17.2 though.

RMXP uses Ruby to make custom scripts. You do not need to know ruby to use RMXP but it helps.

It does help to have an idea before you go in as well as it's easy to get overwhelmed when you bite off more than you can chew. start small, work up.

Oh I forgot to link the essentials wiki
    https://essentialsdocs.fandom.com/wiki/Essentials_Docs_Wiki

Last edited:
    Back