• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Dual Slot Method

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • In the D/P/PT games, you could catch extra/additional Pokémon if you had a main series Pokémon game inserted into GBA slot at the bottom of your DS. Depending on which game is inserted, different Pokémon can appear.

For example, if FireRed is inserted, you have a chance to capture the Ekans line, Growlithe line, and the Caterpie line, plus Elekid, but if you had Sapphire inserted, you have a chance to capture the Lotad Line, Sableye, Seviper, and Lunatone. If any game is inserted, you can also catch a Haunter or Gengar in the Old Cheateau.

Did you ever use this method in the D/P/PT games? I used it a lot, because I found it to be very cool.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • i used it a lot, esp since i had all the GBA games so i was like Oh. Hella. i wasn't actively trying to complete the pokedex, but there were a few i wanted to have that were obtainable through that method so. you know. i had to give it a shot.

Phyrrhic

It's not very effective...
    Years
  • This was a great little feature! I remember seeing a Gengar in the wild and not understanding how I saw it for years after.

I still wish that the Switch would have a DS games slot included... Its a shame that they completely nixed backwards compatibility with the Switch, especially as the refocus the console as their flagship console both in home, and on the go.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I liked the feature. It was nice getting Pokémon you could not get without trading or transferring from the third generation games.

Years
  • It was a pretty interesting, unique feature. I never really used it much, but it was cool just having the option of being able to get more Pokémon just by using a GBA game.

Back