• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pok?mon Defiance

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 17, 2023
I think that the area looks really nice. As long as you have some nice music to go along with it, I'm sold. Keep up the good work.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 13, 2020
No, it's really better ! I like it, keep the good work !
You can add a little bit of detail when you will have finished the map (like broken tree or else).

Years
I'm just going to jump in here. This map isn't very good. It might look pretty when you look at it from within the editor but it won't be fun to traverse for the player.

It's not very conducive to a game based around four-directional movement. If you have the ability to move around freely without being restricted, then sure, it might be an okay map.
Second, it really doesn't look very balanced at all. I can tell you personally I would likely to stop playing if I had to go through maps like these all the time.

Last edited:

Makattack202

guy with the torterra pfp
Years
Alright. So I've been dabbling around with FL Studio. Here's a couple of songs I would like to show off.
First off, we have the Pokemon Center Theme. Nothing stands out too much here.

But things get more interesting with the gym theme. Every gym is going to have a unique theme, similar to Black and White 2. And with 16 gyms, you're going to have a lot of variety.

So yeah. All I need to do now is learn how to compose original songs, rather than remix, and I'll be good to go for composing.

EDIT: Editing the post broke the soundcloud codes. I find this rather annoying.

Last edited:

Makattack202

Years
School has started back for me and I haven't devoted too much time to development.
Buuut I have made some pretty sweet map revamps with the new tileset.

Keystone Town looks a lot better. Albeit I still need to change a couple of things.
Spoiler:

Behold, the new Route 1! My favorite map I've made so far methinks.
Spoiler:

This project will come out eventually. That's all I can consistently promise.

Makattack202

Years
This game's totally still alive.

mdxloql.png

Here's a screenshot at the new Pokémart, with the clerk currently on a break. Instead of just going through a menu, you can now pick what you want from the counter. I mean, yes, I suppose you still have to go through the buy menu, but at least scrolling has been brought down to a minimum.

Ruvaldak

I'M NOT YELLING, I'M JUST PUTTING MAJOR EMPHASIS O
Years
This looks like it'll be a great game! I'll surely follow. If you need any dialogue, I've got a "team", currently we're just pecking at dialogue for Polished Crystal, but I'm sure I could talk them into helping with this if needed

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Feb 23, 2018
This game looks dope so far! i am quite familiar with spriteing myself. may i be a spriter? i can do trainers but not fakemon.
sorry. but i can not post a link to one of my sprites because i have to make 5 post's first.
just check me out on deviantart.
my name there is ChampionSonic.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 21, 2022
Your game looks great so far, but I would suggest removing the "routes/interconnecting lines between towns and cities" from your maps in the cover page. It honestly ruins the aesthetic appeal....................instead of a beautiful map of a region for you to explore, it looks like a mess of lines, so try showing the region without the lines.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 16, 2024
Considering that the creator hasn't posted in almost 3 years, I think this is dead.

Back