• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"uninitialized constant PBEffects::EchoedVoice" error at start of battle

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2016
    Hi, hope I am posting this in the right Thread
    I am getting this error popping up at the moment:
    Spoiler:

It does so when walking on a patch of grass when a wild battle is triggered.
    I had a look in the scripts section but I don't know what the issue is... and so don't know what I need to change to fix it.
    Currently using V16.1
    Thanks

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Try telling us what you changed. This isn't a bug in Essentials, so it's something you've caused.

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2016
    Hi, thanks for the reply.
    I am fairly certain that I have not touched Echoed Voice anywhere.
    I did try removing all the Echoed Voice stuff in the scripts just to see what happened, and I got the same message but for Trace, so I pasted the original file back into the script.
    I had a quick look through PB Battler the only change which stood out was that I added a Sandstorm Castfrom form.
    I couldn't see any other obvious changes to the script.
    I could try and use MS word and use the compare function to find more differences between the original one and the one I have with the changes...
    I will do that and get back here

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    You said you were using Essentials v16.1, but you're definitely not. What version are you using, and have you tried doing any upgrading?

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2016
    I am using 16.1, but when I did upgrade, I did transfer a few scripts to which I had made changes to before 16.1, but I think I will need to start with the vanilla 16.1 and then add the small changes in one by one, because when I compared the scripts there are a tonne of differences which I am pretty sure I would not have made, cause I don't want to venture out and make changes to stuff I don't understand :P
    So I will try that.

Back