• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Button Input

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
Years
  • I'm eventing a Gender Select scene a la Platinum, where you can use the Control Pad/Arrow Keys to select a character. To do this, I'm making use of the Button Input processing command. I evented it and when I tested it, it seems to work, but it does the selection sound, and not process the other commands (move picture, show text, switches, etc.)

I can provide a screenshot of the event if you want it.

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    Code:
        if Input.press?(Input::RIGHT)
        @sprites["button_right"].setBitmap("Graphics/Pictures/trainera1") 
       else
         @sprites["button_left"].setBitmap("Graphics/Pictures/trainera2") 
       end
       if Input.press?(Input::LEFT)
        @sprites["button_left"].setBitmap("Graphics/Pictures/trainerb1") 
       else
        @sprites["button_right"].setBitmap("Graphics/Pictures/trainerb2") 
        end

You want to create a new script to make this more effective, using this as a start could possibly be what you're looking for, I've created something similar, starting with this... It's not hard to work out the rest.

Good Luck. X

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
  • Welp, I've successfully found out from Maruno that the cause *may* be because Poccil broke the Button Input Command. So this thread can be closed or someone can help me find another way to do it (without scripting preferably but it's okay) or someone can develop a fix for it (and then everyone wins if Maruno puts it in the next update)

Back