• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2011
2 quick questions: I have a hidden item in my map and...

What talking level should I use? "00 Always" or "02 Height 1"?

What is hidden ID?

Thanks in advance!

pokelj

Mudkip Master
Years
  • Seen May 9, 2018
Thanks for the info about the specail national dex but how can I put it into my game at an early point like when he first gives the pokedex?

Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2011
Thanks for the info about the specail national dex but how can I put it into my game at an early point like when he first gives the pokedex?
just add special 0x16F after you've recieved your pokédex. special 0x16F activates national dex in FR/LG.

Years
AdvanceMap is giving errors! I was working with level scripts, inserting and stuff. And when I switched to another map it gave this error. I tried it multiple times on backups, but it keeps repeating! I really don't know what to do. I'm afraid my ROM crashes and I'll lose everything (got it backed up, but obviously it also bugs on backups...) :(
errorwh.png

edit: well, I'm now kind of 'carefully' using Advancemap, (lot of saving and shutting down,) and it doesn't seem to happen anymore... Yet...
I'm having this problem again and again! What do I do wrong? I don't think there is a specific action that triggers this... Should I begin on a blank ROM? I can't work further with these errors appearing and breaking the ROM. Please help if you can. :(

bumping my question. has anyone else had this problem? Is it Adv.map, or am I doing something wrong? Thanks in Advance!

The problem is, for the record, that this error appears and Adv.Map prevents me from working on my hack (through Adv.Map, that is) since the error appears everytime I click somewhere, and consequently won't go away. Adv.map doesn't react on the [x] button, and only closes down with task manager (windows)...

pokelj

Mudkip Master
Years
  • Seen May 9, 2018
Thanks Random but im still a n00b and in what program would I do that Advance Map, Advance Text?

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
Thanks Random but im still a n00b and in what program would I do that Advance Map, Advance Text?

You need to include it in a script and compile using a script editor, preferably XSE. Read up some tutorials and instructions on how to set up your XSE environment and how you can code/script properly in it.

pokelj

Mudkip Master
Years
  • Seen May 9, 2018
Thanks I downloaded it and now how will I get to Prof.Oaks script? I put the script number I got off of advance map in the offset.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2018
Got a few noob questions here.

1) Does anyone know how to edit the map of Mirage Island in Emerald? Can't seem to open it in advancemap (just like route 9 and 10 in Fire Red I think)?

2) Is it possible to put a warp to teleport the character to Mirage Island (when it is not supposed to be there)?

3) If I wanted to change the frequency for it to appear eg appear at day, disappear at night instead depending (solely) on the SID, that would require ASM hacking right?

4) If I made an NPC give items such as Mystic Tickets etc, do I need any additional scripts to activate the event or will it be usable already? I remember when using a cheat to obtain such items like buying it from the mart, I needed an "activation" code without which the items are useless and the lady in front of the ship will not recognise it.

5) Does anyone know how to make a legendary roam? Say I want to put Suicune in my hack and I want it to roam just like Lati@s.

That's all I have for now. Still learning bits and pieces of romhacking. Thanks in advance. :P

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2018
1. No. The map has a changing value, which makes it impossible to edit. (I belive, Lu-Ho said something on that)

2. If we don't know any values to mirage Island, we can't warp there, can we?

3.Yes. It requires ASM because it runs on a routine that determines an ID number and places it somewhere to match up to your IDs.

4. I'm not quite sure, but you may have to activate (set) flags with a script.

5. I don't know. Can someone awnser that please?

Ah I see. Guess I need to experiment more to answer No 4. Since no one has done No 5 before I assume it is either difficult ASM hacking or impossible in the place. Thanks for the other ans btw :)

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
How do I get Prof.Oaks script in eXtreme Script Editor?

Copy the offset from Advance Map of the green tile script in Pallet town and paste it into XSE, then press decompile. I think there's another way to open script from XSE using Advance Map; forgot how.

pokelj

Mudkip Master
Years
  • Seen May 9, 2018
@TARDISam Advance Trainer by Hackmew. Its in the Tools section.

Where do I paste it I past it in the main section and I right click and all I see is copy,paste etc and compile I cant find where im supposed to paste it and compile it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back