• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • ^Yes, we need more electric types!

Umm, the closet thing would be Cresselia/Darkrai but I mean something more epic. The main legendary trio, and the third could be balance.
    If they threw in tons of Dark Pokemon to fit the theme, most of the fanbase would be overjoyed. From what I remember, most people wanted more Dark and fire types. What would a light legendary be? Psychic? Fire? Both? I think that's an awesome combo. What could "balance" be? Dark Psychic? Then again, a 4x Bug weak legend is kind of funny.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • Kirbychu;5518618 I think that's an awesome combo. What could "balance" be? Dark Psychic? Then again said:
    Before GenIV being weak to bug is meaningless but with all the new bug moves and changes to old bug pokemon and added bug pokemon, it's pretty dangerous for a Pokemon to be 4x weak to bug.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Im still a fan of the the light type being introduced but I dont see that happening this gen...

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • A Dark/Light type would be...interesting. The 4x Bug-weakness would be a big issue (Watch them do it and make the 'cute' legendary be part Bug-Type ;>_+)

Other than the lgendaries, I want a theme based on the Sun and Moon. Light and Darkness is too vague, like what is Light and Darkness? Are we talking the day and night thing? Or the virtues of being good versus the malicious intents of evil/darkness? We'll most likely be seeing something based of the Sun and Moon or Day and Night with a middle Pokemon being either the Equinox Pokemon, or the Twilight Pokemon.

Years
  • Sun vs. Moon seems like it could spawn a some rather predictable evil teams. It could be like team Magma and Aqua, only with eternal day/night. Solrock and Lunatone come to mind for some reason...

Last edited:

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • Same here. I see a battle ensuing on a Solrock/Lunatone-shaped starcruiser against the Admin and then crash landing on some asteroid where the version legendary is held...That actually sounds interesting 0.0

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • I like that Orakey.

To the people saying Farfetch'd and Delibird don't need evolutions because they're novelty Pokemon. That's exactly why they need them. They're too weak on their own. Why would Jynx or Mr. Mime need an evolution?

JTrainer

I care about my Pokemon
    Years
  • What I want to see is Blaziken learning Close Combat (make him a little more even with Infernape)!

Also, more pokemon learning Aura Sphere (or at least special fighting move more accurate than Focus Blast). Gardevoir would look cool using it.

I also hope they add a light type. And a special version of the move Dragon Dance wouldn't hurt either.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    For the sake of it, that fan made magazine scan.

I definitely want to see an evolved Farfetch'd and Delibird though, so I hope GF really does something like this.
    It's about time we got a non-uber flying, freezing Pokemon. And Farfetch'd will be filled with awesome if it does evolve.

Wow. I was never too keen on seeing an evo for Delibird but after seeing those two evolutions, I definitely want them now lol. Some great stuff, hope we see something similar if we get evolutions.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Sun and Moon is an even better idea o elaborate the Light and Darkness thing. Im so excitede to see the major theme now.

Years
  • Yeah I want a dark gym as well, as well as some non starter fire types to catch. Would love them to shake things up and give us something different to the fire/water/grass starter combo but that might be going against the grain too much. If the theme is light and dark then I'ld love a Dark/Dragon type because that has the potential to be epic. That and a Fire/Dragon typing although I wouldn't be against a new type being introduced I reckon they would save that for a next gen handheld.

Hatenko

Hiya!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    For the sake of it, that fan made magazine scan.

I definitely want to see an evolved Farfetch'd and Delibird though, so I hope GF really does something like this.
    It's about time we got a non-uber flying, freezing Pokemon. And Farfetch'd will be filled with awesome if it does evolve.

That just looks too much like Fakemon to get excited over.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years
  • Farftechd.png

This has to be in the 5th gen!

Flandre Scarlet

Free your mind.
    Years
  • How to Watch ポケモン☆サンデー Pokémon Sunday Outside of Japan

Pokémon_Sunday_logo.png

Pokémon Sunday is shown at 7:30-8:30 AM on Sundays each week. This time is obviously Japanese (+9 GMT); you can convert it to your own time zone on timeanddate.com. It's broadcasted on Channel 23, 株式会社テレビ東京 TV Tokyo.

To tune into Japanese television, you'll need to download and install a (free and legal: it's an experiment by the Japanese government) program called KeyHoleTV (google it). It only shows a limited selection of Japanese channels, but that's okay because TV Tokyo is one of them! Download and run the .exe that you can download from the directory. Then run the program and select the Program tab to see a list of channels.

sb5xr4.jpg
    are some major channels.

Here is TV tokyo on keyhole:

2urt25i.jpg

Look for the name that has TV Tokyo beside it ^ and select WAtch =D (If you can type テレビ東京 into the search box, you should be able to find it fast.)

If the channel doesn't work then you may need to do trial and error among rthe channels being watched most. You may aslo need to use the Update button to manually update the populated list of channels. Sometimes the channel is down though, so let's hope it isn't down tomorrow :x

Hmm... This is how I'll be watching Pokemon Sunday. :P

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years
  • famitsu-pokemon.jpg

Famitsu magazine's Pokemon page for this month's issue has been leaked on to the Internet. It doesn't contain any information we don't already know, but nonetheless reaffirms that the new games are most likely for the fifth generation. There appears to be some sort of interview on the bottom of the page, but it is too blurry to make out.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    That just looks too much like Fakemon to get excited over.

That's because it is Fakemon. However, if I hadn't been told they were fake I would have definitely believed they were legit. They look very much like original Pokemon art, to me at least.

Jaamies

Sharingan User
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2011
    well i'm happy with 5th generation but it's really for DS? why don't wait untill next generation,i'm sure next year Nintendo already launched their next gen handheld

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back