• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue: Inappropriate Ads on a Pokemon Site??

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • http://www.pokecommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=63255

Could someone tell a super moderator of some higher-up person about this? (See attachment link image) I have seen this advertisement so many times on this forum, and being that it's a Pokemon-themed website, which means there are children here, shouldn't something like this be removed? I find it highly inappropriate that something like this appears on a great forum like this.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Well, you could always contact them yourself, every member can always contact h-staff. I've never really seen it myself though, the ad that is, but yeah.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • If I recall correctly we don't have control of the ads they show. But we can block them or request for them to be taken off once they are brought to attention like this. I'd recommend pming Rukario about this. Or you could use ad block in the future.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
    Years
  • @Donavannj: It's been popping up for as long as I can remember, but just recently I decided to bring it up.

@Yoshikkko: I don't know any super mods or anyone like that.

Years
  • @Donavannj: It's been popping up for as long as I can remember, but just recently I decided to bring it up.

@Yoshikkko: I don't know any super mods or anyone like that.

You should have contacted Rukario about it ASAP. Which is what you should do right now just in case he doesn't see this thread.

And not knowing any higher staff doesn't mean you can't contact them. One of their duties is to help you with things regarding the site (so long as that thing is within the site's rules and you are being civil with them). And they're all listed in the Forum Leaders link at the bottom of the forums. (b'-')b

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
    Years
  • I've PMed Rukario on the matter; thanks! I had no idea who ruled over this site.

~ありがと ございます!!

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • thanks, dealing with it via PM now..

remember, if you gonna report an ad, I'll need the domain or URL that is advertising - this can be found via the ad choices / info link, a small triangle overlayed on the ad. copy paste the info there to me.

in a text ad, it's usually stated directly in the ad.

DO NOT click on the ad to get the domain or URL.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
  • Which ad was it? If it was the Roman Orgy thing, I've brought it up before and was told that while the ad was disturbing, the site wasn't so nothing could be done.

Back