• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

North Carolina Voter Fraud Scandal

Years
  • The fact that the Democrats only want to be involved in dealing with this issue now that it is affecting them (not that I think it was as huge a problem for Republicans as Trump pretends) bothers me a bit and it's also going to hurt them a lot going forward as far as public support goes since it is inevitable that the Republicans will call them out for this.

The implications of the aftermath of this revelation are almost as concerning as the fraud itself.

Maedar

Banned
    Years
  • What bothers me is that Trump himself remains silent on it, despite the barnburner rallies he threw shouting about voter fraud to his rabid base. Not to mention the allegations he made of three million illegal votes and the taxpayer money he wasted on his "voter fraud panel" that found nothing. Assuming it even tried to.

What will the Democrats be called out on? This was never a real problem to begin with until now. Trump fabricated it through blatant lies.

The Republican Party has, in my eyes, become synonymous with hypocrisy, and it WILL cost them dearly.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2022
    What bothers me is that Trump himself remains silent on it, despite the barnburner rallies he threw shouting about voter fraud to his rabid base. Not to mention the allegations he made of three million illegal votes and the taxpayer money he wasted on his "voter fraud panel" that found nothing. Assuming it even tried to.

What will the Democrats be called out on? This was never a real problem to begin with until now. Trump fabricated it through blatant lies.

The Republican Party has, in my eyes, become synonymous with hypocrisy, and it WILL cost them dearly.

He denounced it about 4 days ago.

Never a real problem? Remember Acorn?

https://www.texasattorneygeneral.go...members-organized-voter-fraud-ring-north-fort

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.st...ics-government/election/article220540115.html

Some elections can be won by narrow margins. Voter fraud is a problem that needs to be addressed.

https://www.heritage.org/voterfraud

Unfortunately both parties have had people engaging in some form of voter fraud.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2022
    As far as ACORN goes, I prefer THIS reference:

https://www.factcheck.org/2008/10/acorn-accusations/

And I saw that interview 4 days ago. He denounced it very quickly, and then started spouting more lies:

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-voter-fraud-conspiracy-1341315

So if you know he denounces it, why go on about him being silent on it?

There's repirts of voting fraud every election. Ranging from people that are not citizens voting, multiple votes, or the dead voting. There's a reason that democrats are affiliated with the dead voting.

Maedar

Banned
    Years
  • So if you know he denounces it, why go on about him being silent on it?

Because he reluctantly did so after several days, and used it as a podium spout more lies.

Yes, however if we are going to talk about voter fraud then it feels relevant to discuss another voter fraud ring that was broken up as well.

In that case, ALT, I suggest posting this related story:

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2019/02/14/texas-election-chief-apology-noncitizen-voter-list/

Now, I'm still waiting on proof of Trump's claim of 3 million illegal votes in California, btw.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Now, I'm still waiting on proof of Trump's claim of 3 million illegal votes in California, btw.

I'm sure almost all of us recognise that this specific claim is utter bullshit. I don't think Trump being a moron invalidates the problem of voter fraud nor the potential implications of this issue.

As for what the Dems will be called on, the Republicans will want to spin this as the Democrats ignoring the fraud problem when it benefits them and only now kicking up a fuss because it cost them a seat.

Maedar

Banned
    Years
  • I'm sure almost all of us recognise that this specific claim is utter bullmuk. I don't think Trump being a moron invalidates the problem of voter fraud nor the potential implications of this issue.

Yes, but it would help if ALT and LDS would simply admit that. They seem unable or unwilling to admit that anything Trump does or says is less than genius.

As for what the Dems will be called on, the Republicans will want to spin this as the Democrats ignoring the fraud problem when it benefits them and only now kicking up a fuss because it cost them a seat.

Oh, I agree 100%.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2022
    Yes, but it would help if ALT and LDS would simply admit that. They seem unable or unwilling to admit that anything Trump does or says is less than genius.

Oh, I agree 100%.

While I don't consider Trump an idiot, I don't consider him a genius. Never have. He's like most politicians. You get stuck on demanding people conform to your viewpoint on Republicans.

Maedar

Banned
    Years
  • He's about as honest as most politicians.

I seriously disagree.

Trump has 224 False ratings on PolitiFact (compared to Obama's 71) and 96 "Pants on Fire!" statements (compared to Obama's 9). And they cover all 8 years of Obama's Presidency, while Trump has been in office slightly over 2.

The Washington Post used to rate the worst lies with "4 Pinocchios", but created a special category simply for Trump called "infinite Pinocchios".

Worse, Trump's lies are pretty absurd. Just look at a few of them:

https://www.vogue.com/article/donald-trump-lies-200-days

Can you honestly tell me he's as "honest as most politicians"? Seriously?

Take it up with Trump. He made the claim.

I didn't vote for him, but my taxes paid for his "voter fraud panel" that did nothing.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Yes, but it would help if ALT and LDS would simply admit that. They seem unable or unwilling to admit that anything Trump does or says is less than genius.

Oh Trump is not a genius, he is a blowhard and a showman, however I thought this thread would be about discussing voter fraud, not engaging in a partisan food fight.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2022
    I seriously disagree.

And I don't care.
    Can you honestly tell me he's as "honest as most politicians"? Seriously?
    Yep. The proper interpretation of this isn't how honest Trump is. It's how honest politicians in general are. Most politicians lie like a rug. Some just get caught quicker or more easily than others.

I didn't vote for him, but my taxes paid for his "voter fraud panel" that did nothing.
    Taxes pay for a lot things people don't like.

Back on topic.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/12/13/gop-mark-harris-north-carolina-1063435

Republicans might be able to get a different candidate when the new vote takes place.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2022
    Is this then an admission that Harris was not fairly elected? That seems to contradict everything they've said before now.

Not necessarily. Harris still maintains that he didn't know Dowless was committing voter fraud. It could be admission that the Harris campaign is tainted badly enough to prevent a win.

Back