• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

iOS 11 Beta is now released to the public

Years
  • https://techcrunch.com/2017/06/26/apple-just-released-the-first-ios-11-beta-to-everyone/

I haven't been much of an Apple fanboy myself, but has Apple ever done this? I don't think they have, but I'm not so sure.

Anyways, Apple has publicly released a beta of iOS 11 for users to test out. Of course it'll probably be buggy, I have seen a couple of my friends talk about downloading it. The neat thing if you want to try the beta is that you do not need to sign up for their annual $99 developer account to get this beta. Additionally, it looks like they will be releasing betas publicly throughout the summer as well.

Thoughts?

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • This isn't unusual for Apple. They've definitely released iOS public betas before and almost always release macOS public betas, along with massive warning signs saying "THIS SOFTWARE ISNT READY YET". It's pretty cool though - keeps curious early adopters very happy, and helps them get the software rolled out more quickly with fewer bugs.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Just watched tech insider about this update. It just making it like a semi-computer which features file manager, easy drag and drop and seeming-less Mac taskbar but wonder if people would pay more attention to mac computers than iPad if they updated so far

Years
  • A file manager seems really, really good with this update.

although Android has beaten iOS to that already by like nine years

Cordeline

7th Horizon: Märchen
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2021
    My brother is an iOS developer and he told me that yup, they have been doing the public beta for a few years. They usually let the developer beta run for around a month before releasing the public beta to make sure there aren't any major problems like phones bricking and things like that ^^

Back