• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
so if i made my rom a 32MB one the scripts offsets must start at 0x8000000 ?

but the game freezes, or froze, because now it works, well i couldn't go there again beacause i was stuck so i put i release command. that i got alone xD

so here's the new script code

Spoiler:

but either way i don't know how this works, beacause if you read it you notice the wrong combination of goto and its offset...

i'm not the kinda guy that thinks it works worray, i like to know why it works so if you could help, : ) also thanks for the reply earlier

(sorry for english i'm portuguese)
(also sorry for newbie mistakes while scripting, i strated to learn it yesterday)

Edit: i tried to put the release after setflag and didn't work, but if i put it where it is in the script in this spoiler it works
Edit: So if i got it right, the offsets must me like 0x800000 and so on, but the i should call for them with an extra 8 ? like 0x8800000 ? thanks for the help guys.

I said to put a release because it will allow the player to move again. But I then noticed you didn't put a lock command so I guess release wouldn't really work :\
And the 0x88000000 is just an indicator that it is decompiling from the ROM... You don't have to put the extra "8" in front of the 0x800000, XSE will make the corrections.

I fixed your script to save space and to be more friendlier. it should work the exact same way though.

BTW, did you put those offsets yourself? Or did you use Dynamic?

NatureKeeper

Guys, I have an unpostable script (Game Event Exculsive) that has a givepokémon. Is there a way to make this pokemon's

Location Index: 255 (Fateful Encounter) Google 'Fateful Encounter Bulbapedia'
Always shiny.

givepokemon 0x1 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0

...will give a bulbasaur lv.5 with no items, non?

Is there a way to change it's location index to 255 and make it always shiny?

ziglef

Just here for fun ^^
Years
I said to put a release because it will allow the player to move again. But I then noticed you didn't put a lock command so I guess release wouldn't really work :\
And the 0x88000000 is just an indicator that it is decompiling from the ROM... You don't have to put the extra "8" in front of the 0x800000, XSE will make the corrections.

I fixed your script to save space and to be more friendlier. it should work the exact same way though.

BTW, did you put those offsets yourself? Or did you use Dynamic?

Thanks, i'm going to try it now. yeah i used dynamic to search for clear offsets.
Thanks man.

Guys, I have an unpostable script (Game Event Exculsive) that has a givepokémon. Is there a way to make this pokemon's

Location Index: 255 (Fateful Encounter) Google 'Fateful Encounter Bulbapedia'
Always shiny.

givepokemon 0x1 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0

...will give a bulbasaur lv.5 with no items, non?

Is there a way to change it's location index to 255 and make it always shiny?

I think you need to call an ASM routine, you should find something usefull here [ i can't post links yet but www . pokecommunity . com / showthread . php?t=164276 ] just remove the spaces

Also try to stick with the regular form. ; )

Last edited:

Doom Chaos

I don't have a title
Years
If there wasn't the green "S", how was the script executed? Also, when it freezes it means you're using wrong settings. What are yours?

There is a way in header view to add a script that happens right when you enter a map. I set the variable in header view, go in pro-header view and then I copy paste the script there.

Settings? There is no settings if there is no S... I think?

With the S, those are the settings:
-Unknown: 0003
-Var Number: 4050

ziglef

Just here for fun ^^
Years
Game: Pokémon Fire Red
Type: Person Event
Editor: XSE
Script:
Spoiler:

Additional info: So i started scripting yesterday and i made this script for my Rom Hack and it works, the guy gives me a Evee for starter and i get teleported to my room and everything, the thing is, when i slide down the Person looks Up, giving me his back instead of looking at me, then when i step up he looks at me again, is there anyway to fix this so that he always looks at me ?

Last edited:

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Game: Pokémon Fire Red
Type: Person Event
Editor: XSE
Script:
Spoiler:

Additional info: So i started scripting yesterday and i made this script for my Rom Hack and it works, the guy gives me a Evee for starter and i get teleported to my room and everything, the thing is, when i slide down the Person looks Up, giving me his back instead of looking at me, then when i step up he looks at me again, is there anyway to fix this so that he always looks at me ?
Well You have to make sure the person has No Movement in there movement dropdown list in A-map. So that they won't constantly move when the script is executed.

However, if they are supposed to move like the "Look around" option, then I suggest you lock them so that they stay wherever you tell them to stay. The command for this is called "Lockall".

Btw, you glitched your script. You see the "0x26C?" The '6C' is actually the hex for the "release" command. You shouldn't decompile a script and add more to the script then compile it back. So, what should you do? Well fix the "warp" command back to the way it was, then replace the 'nop' and 'updatecoins' with "release" and "end".

After that you repoint the whole script and delete the original to free up space using "#remove
0x8004E1". Hopefully this helps ^_^

ziglef

Just here for fun ^^
Years
Well You have to make sure the person has No Movement in there movement dropdown list in A-map. So that they won't constantly move when the script is executed.

However, if they are supposed to move like the "Look around" option, then I suggest you lock them so that they stay wherever you tell them to stay. The command for this is called "Lockall".

Btw, you glitched your script. You see the "0x26C?" The '6C' is actually the hex for the "release" command. You shouldn't decompile a script and add more to the script then compile it back. So, what should you do? Well fix the "warp" command back to the way it was, then replace the 'nop' and 'updatecoins' with "release" and "end".

After that you repoint the whole script and delete the original to free up space using "#remove
0x8004E1". Hopefully this helps ^_^

thanks, i noticed the 0x26C, the person is no movement so i'm trying the lockall.

Edit: tried the lockall didn't work : (

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2010
Okay I'm trying to add sudowoodo to pokemon fire red like it appeared in gold and silver. Everything works except after you battle or catch it, the sprite still remains. I've been using advance map 1.92 and pokescript to compile this and every time I try to add the hidesprite line it locks up the game. What am I messing up? Do I have to do something in the done area? Thanks.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
You don't need a checkflag for trainers, the battles are remembered in the rom.
Actually, the checkflag is there so that he won't battle me until I have my first Pokemon. It's not such a huge problem now, I rescripted it in PKSV and it worked out.
Thanks for the reply, though.

triplexh18

call me Oscizor
Years
hi i could use some serious help with 2 scripts for pokemon fire red U.S version

im using XSE script
and PKSV and both dont work for me mainly since i forgot everything about scripting and when i did know about it i was awful at it

but im making 1 script for a battle against prof oak and a person i made their trainer id's are: Person i made named Cliff is 1EC and Oak's is 1FF

this is Cliff's script

#org 0x8801331
'-----------------------------------
trainerbattle 0x0 0x1EC 0x0 0x8801349 0x8801504
msgbox 0x880150A ' ...
callstd 0x2 '
end

#org 0x8801349
= Well,I see you made your way here\nsafely.You probably don't know\lwho I am, so allow me to introduce\lmyself.\lI am CLIFF the greatest pokemon\ltrainer and you...?\lWell I don't really care.\lIf you managed to make it here\lthen you are indeed a\lworthy opponent.\lBut let me make one more thing\lclear before we battle since we\lare obviously trainers.\lIf you actually thought all\lthose pokemon you dealt with\lwere tough.\lThen you will not defeat me!

#org 0x8801504
= ...

#org 0x880150A
= ...

I have no real issue with him its just that i want him to have Gary's final battle theme from the EF, i even tried labeling him as Champion on A-trainer but he still keeps the generic battle theme

I would appreciate it if someone can just keep this same script but with Gary's theme being the only thing new.

as for Prof Oak

i deleted his script since i think it corrupted my save and i didnt make a back up

but im trying to make a script that ends with Oak battling you(this is a seperate script then Cliff's and takes place at a different time if you need to know)

ill try explaining exactly what i want from this script

i just want it so that i enter a area and once i take a step on the script prof oak(who should be 2 steps above me)jumps in place with a exclamation mark on his head while shouting "Oscizor!"(with no music at this point playing) then running 2 steps down to start a conferstation before the battle(with no music still) saying

"I know you are trying to go onto battle this man but you see..I can't let you. The reason being is that you were not supposed to get this far and fight him... My grandson was supposed to. And if you beat him... you... you will just ruin everything!(after this point it plays the short battle tune it normally plays when you encounter a legendary pokemon before battling it) WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO RUIN EVERYTHING!"

and after the text it will play the Deoxys battle theme

after you beat him he says "This wasn't supposed to happen this way" and vanishes for the rest of the game(i haven't used any flags)

Please somebody help me with at least the prof oak one
there is no way i can learn how to script this good and ive read so many tutorials and i bet most of you guys can make an entire game but all im asking for is some help with 2 things.

PS: If this also helps, Prof Oak's model is 1 of the 2 People in the room where the script takes place. He is "Person event" 0
but where it says "Person event no:" he is number 1(Im talking about what advance map is showing)

as for the script itself it is the only script that takes place in the area(making it number 0 i assume)

Last edited:

ziglef

Just here for fun ^^
Years
Okay I'm trying to add sudowoodo to pokemon fire red like it appeared in gold and silver. Everything works except after you battle or catch it, the sprite still remains. I've been using advance map 1.92 and pokescript to compile this and every time I try to add the hidesprite line it locks up the game. What am I messing up? Do I have to do something in the done area? Thanks.
Spoiler:

so i suppose you have to use the hidesprite otherwise it won't desappear.
to make it work go to advance map 1.92 and get the person ID and put it after hidesprite, example hidesprite 0xPERSON_ID
Rember in advanced map to choose the person and in the field unknown put 03

hope it helps :)

hi i could use some serious help with 2 scripts for pokemon fire red U.S version

im using XSE script
and PKSV and both dont work for me mainly since i forgot everything about scripting and when i did know about it i was awful at it

but im making 1 script for a battle against prof oak and a person i made their trainer id's are: Person i made named Cliff is 1EC and Oak's is 1FF

this is Cliff's script

#org 0x8801331
'-----------------------------------
trainerbattle 0x0 0x1EC 0x0 0x8801349 0x8801504
msgbox 0x880150A ' ...
callstd 0x2 '
end

#org 0x8801349
= Well,I see you made your way here\nsafely.You probably don't know\lwho I am, so allow me to introduce\lmyself.\lI am CLIFF the greatest pokemon\ltrainer and you...?\lWell I don't really care.\lIf you managed to make it here\lthen you are indeed a\lworthy opponent.\lBut let me make one more thing\lclear before we battle since we\lare obviously trainers.\lIf you actually thought all\lthose pokemon you dealt with\lwere tough.\lThen you will not defeat me!

#org 0x8801504
= ...

#org 0x880150A
= ...

I have no real issue with him its just that i want him to have Gary's final battle theme from the EF, i even tried labeling him as Champion on A-trainer but he still keeps the generic battle theme

I would appreciate it if someone can just keep this same script but with Gary's theme being the only thing new.

as for Prof Oak

i deleted his script since i think it corrupted my save and i didnt make a back up

but im trying to make a script that ends with Oak battling you(this is a seperate script then Cliff's and takes place at a different time if you need to know)

ill try explaining exactly what i want from this script

i just want it so that i enter a area and once i take a step on the script prof oak(who should be 2 steps above me)jumps in place with a exclamation mark on his head while shouting "Oscizor!"(with no music at this point playing) then running 2 steps down to start a conferstation before the battle(with no music still) saying

"I know you are trying to go onto battle this man but you see..I can't let you. The reason being is that you were not supposed to get this far and fight him... My grandson was supposed to. And if you beat him... you... you will just ruin everything!(after this point it plays the short battle tune it normally plays when you encounter a legendary pokemon before battling it) WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO RUIN EVERYTHING!"

and after the text it will play the Deoxys battle theme

after you beat him he says "This wasn't supposed to happen this way" and vanishes for the rest of the game(i haven't used any flags)

Please somebody help me with at least the prof oak one
there is no way i can learn how to script this good and ive read so many tutorials and i bet most of you guys can make an entire game but all im asking for is some help with 2 things.

PS: If this also helps, Prof Oak's model is 1 of the 2 People in the room where the script takes place. He is "Person event" 0
but where it says "Person event no:" he is number 1(Im talking about what advance map is showing)

as for the script itself it is the only script that takes place in the area(making it number 0 i assume)

First, for making a oak battle you need to have a front sprite for oak as a trainer.
Second this isn't the place to ask for scripts.
Third for the theme of the battle try looking in the script of the trainer, or try looking at the professional header in advance map for the battle type, also try A-Trainer.

Last edited:

triplexh18

call me Oscizor
Years
Do you mean this website isn't a place for it or this thread

if its this thread can you provide me a link of where i should post this

and thanks for responding

Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2010
to make it work go to advance map 1.92 and get the person ID and put it after hidesprite, example hidesprite 0xPERSON_ID

well I tried what you suggested, but it still locks up right after sudowoodo makes a noise and the screen starts dimming. Thanks again for the idea. I get the feeling I'm missing something obvious. Here's what I changed:
Spoiler:

Dragonmaster91

It's just common sense!
Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Jul 24, 2010
Spoiler:
I don't know pokescript, but I believe you need a form of hidesprite.

Edit: Wow.. really beaten to it...

well I tried what you suggested, but it still locks up right after sudowoodo makes a noise and the screen starts dimming. Thanks again for the idea. I get the feeling I'm missing something obvious. Here's what I changed:
Spoiler:
That's because hidesprite is not hidesprite in pokescript, and even then, that hex number is too high.

Samike360

Lover of May
Years

Spoiler:

Hidesprite=disappear in pokescript. Try using a disappear command.

Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2010
well thanks for all the help so far. From what you've said, I figured out that #raw 0x53 is like hidesprite but for pokescript. But it still doesn't work and I'm just wondering if I'm putting the line in the wrong spot. It does go like this?; #raw 0x53 (personevent no) (person ID)

Spoiler:

ziglef

Just here for fun ^^
Years
Do you mean this website isn't a place for it or this thread

if its this thread can you provide me a link of where i should post this

and thanks for responding

This thread is not for requesting, you have to provide atleast the script you tried to use.

I searched the forums and i think there is no place where you can ask for scripts, but if there is one i ask one of the older members to correct me since i only arrived a few days ago.

Also you should check the compreensive guide included in XSE.

Just push F2. I think the guide is ultra-simple and easy to use.
Then you could take a look at diegoisawesome guide when you have something you want to know deeper, everythings there.
i can't post links as i dont have 15posts but remove the spaces
www . pokecommunity . com /showthread.php?t=164276

Hope i helped :)

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
well thanks for all the help so far. From what you've said, I figured out that #raw 0x53 is like hidesprite but for pokescript. But it still doesn't work and I'm just wondering if I'm putting the line in the wrong spot. It does go like this?; #raw 0x53 (personevent no) (person ID)

Spoiler:
The wildbattle command does not work correctly in pokescript. You should either try PKSV or XSE. I can convert the scripts to their 'style' if you like..

Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2010
Oh I didn't know that. Is converting it to XSE hard? I'll have to start reading Diego's Tutorial.
Thanks.

ziglef

Just here for fun ^^
Years
Oh I didn't know that. Is converting it to XSE hard? I'll have to start reading Diego's Tutorial.
Thanks.

you should read the guide that comes with XSE first, its easier to understand and helps a lot ; )

just go Help > Compreensive Guide
or push F2

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back