• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script✓] repeat msgbox in case answer msgbox 0x5-> no

Dinisk

DinisK
Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2019
    I want to make a scene. The professor asks with msgbox 0x5 yes or no. If yes-> the scene goes on, if no-> another message comes out (hmm .. repeat your answer) and after that the message msgbox 0x5 repeats. It sounds pretty simple yes? I'm wondering where I made a mistake. When I click yes, it continues to work, but if I try different combinations from no and yes, the script repeats.

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @main
    msgbox @ rowantell2 0x5
    compare 0x800D 0x1
    if 0x1 call @Yes // I tried to put everything here if 0x0 call @no
    msgbox @ No2 0x2
    msgbox @ rowantell2 0x5
    end

#org @start
    .... // continius script if choose Yes
    ...... setvar 0x4011 0x1

#org @ rowantell2
    = Yes or no?

#org @No
    msgbox @ No2 0x2
    msgbox @ rowantell2 0x5
    end

#org @ No2
    = Good, i repeat

#org @Yes
    msgbox @ Yes2 0x2
    call @start
    end

#org @ Yes2
    = Good answer .....

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • I want to make a scene. The professor asks with msgbox 0x5 yes or no. If yes-> the scene goes on, if no-> another message comes out (hmm .. repeat your answer) and after that the message msgbox 0x5 repeats. It sounds pretty simple yes? I'm wondering where I made a mistake. When I click yes, it continues to work, but if I try different combinations from no and yes, the script repeats.

I'm a bit confused about what you want because in one sentence you say that you want the script to repeat, but in the last sentence you say that you don't want it to repeat.

I think you want the script to enter a loop, so this script is probably what you're looking for:

Code:
    #dynamic 0x800000

#org @Main
    lock // 0x5 msgboxes don't automatically lock the OW
    faceplayer // Or face the player so these need to be added manually
    msgbox @YesOrNo 0x5
    compare 0x800D 0x1
    if 0x1 goto @start
    msgbox @No 0x2
    goto @Main // Will loop @Main until yes is chosen

#org @start
    msgbox @Yes 0x2
    ... // Script continues on

#org @YesOrNo
    = Yes or no?

#org @Yes
    = Good answer...

#org @No
    = I repeat...

It will go in an infinite loop as long as the player chooses no, but will branch off to @start and continue the script if the player chooses yes. If I completely misunderstood your question and you're looking for something else, just let me know.

Dinisk

DinisK
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2019
    repeat msgbox in case answer msgbox 0x5-> no

Thanks your script worked.
    yeah,my lvl language eng very deep on bottom.May be simpler add post image and in text. Msgbox 0x5 hard understandable by structure and add repeat msg in case
    (i hope you understand my minds)

Back