• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yet Another Introduction Thread

TRICKSTERhat

Game Development is no longer a dream!!
Years
  • Hello everyone, nickname is NotSoMagical, just an aspiring game developer and Pokémon enthusiast ever since having played Ruby for the first time some years ago (favorite pokémon being Politoed). Fan of classic games and re-inventions of them.

I study programming and game design, while also spriting as a hobby, want to expand my list of hobbies though. Heard about PokéCommunity in another spanish speaking forum some time ago, but decided to join today, because why not?

I lurk on forums most of the time, so I'm not really active unless I find an interesting thread or make one myself. Hope to enjoy my time on this forum and meet some cool people.

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
  • There are definitely a lot of interesting people here, I'm sure you can make a lot of friends and meet people that share those hobbies... Enjoy :)

Politoed is an interesting choice, did you use him in your Ruby playthrough?

TRICKSTERhat

Years
  • There are definitely a lot of interesting people here, I'm sure you can make a lot of friends and meet people that share those hobbies... Enjoy :)

Politoed is an interesting choice, did you use him in your Ruby playthrough?

I really do not remember a lot of my first Ruby playthrough (I was like 9 years old at the time if I recall correctly), but from what do I remember, I never got to have it due to me not having any idea of trade evolutions at the time. I believe first time I got to really use Politoed was in my Crystal Clear playthrough (Which was many years later). Really liked their design beforehand, and their moves were also what made it my favorite.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Heyo! Said hi to you on Discord already (username Dakota there) but welcome to the forums! What kind of programming do you do?
    Politoed is in my top 5 fav mons you have good taste!

TRICKSTERhat

Years
  • Heyo! Said hi to you on Discord already (username Dakota there) but welcome to the forums! What kind of programming do you do?
    Politoed is in my top 5 fav mons you have good taste!

I have really basic knowledge of how Game Maker Language works, my programming skills are really small as I'm still learning the most basics, but I focus on videogame programming in general. Also, cool to know more people like Politoed a lot!

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hey there! Welcome to the community! I wish you the best with your game dev adventures! :)

TRICKSTERhat

Years
  • Hey there! Welcome to the community! I wish you the best with your game dev adventures! :)

Thanks a lot for the welcome! Of course my game dev adventures will be kind of long, but I always got time to try them!

Welcome to PC! :)

Game design is definitely popular and we can't wait to see what you can do.

I can see why it is popular after all, if I finish something I'm sure I will post it in the forum some day. I hope to do something really nice!

Back