• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Breeding question

Years
  • Hi! I am new to breeding and want to make a good Dragonite, for competitive play. I was wondering if I could tell its IV/EV stats from the 6 stats it has at level 1. Thanks for the help in advance :D

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • Hi! I am new to breeding and want to make a good Dragonite, for competitive play. I was wondering if I could tell its IV/EV stats from the 6 stats it has at level 1. Thanks for the help in advance :D

Is this for SM? Or for another generation? Checking IV's varies in each Generation (at least easily checking IV's, you could use an online calculator but at such a low level you'll have trouble verifying exactly what they are).

As a generic answer, yes you can check IV's at level 1. But getting exact IV's is easier to obtain in game through the judge.

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • Ohh ok thanks! and it is for SM

Cool, what you'll need to do to easily check IV's is first of all hatch 20 eggs of any kind. This enables you to actually unlock the IV judge. You'll also have needed to beat the game.

After that, you need to head to the Battle Tree (completing Poni Gauntlet and defeating either Red or Blue). Once you've done that, you'll need to speak to the Ace Trainer near the computer. He'll unlock the judge function in your boxes. Once that's done, you can start checking IV's easily! Simply go to the computer boxes, tap the 'Judge' button at the bottom and it will flip the screen to the IV screen.

The following are what each IV rating means:
    0 - No Good
    1 - 15 - Decent
    16 - 25 - Pretty good
    26 - 29 - Very Good
    30 - Fantastic
    31 - Best

Obviously you want to be aiming for 'Best' but Fantastic is also good if you're looking for Hidden Powers and don't mind not using Bottle Caps to amend the stat.

EV's are set at 0 for each egg. Forgot to mention that lol.

Back