• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Beginner Decks

Years
  • So a couple of kids on my street were showing off their Pokemon cards yesterday then I showed them mine and they loved it! I also mentioned to them that they should learn to play the game and that I would be happy to teach them. Also these kids are friends with my son so I'm not being the creepy adult haha!

I have created created three 30 card decks which they can use to learn the mechanics of the game and pick up the basics and have based them on the starter pokemon from Sun and Moon. Do you think this is a good base in which to start them on and build?

Pokemon 9

4x Fire Starter Basic
    3x Fire Starter Stage 1
    2x Fire Starter Stage 3

Items 10

Professor's Letter x3
    Potion x2
    Big Malasada x1
    Switch x2
    Nest Ball x1
    Energy Retrieval x1

Supporters 5

Tierno x3
    Professor Kukui x1
    Team Skull Grunt x1

Energy 6

Fire x6

I can then switch the Pokemon and energies but just keep the trainers. I have tried to minimise the amount of deck searching and shuffling they need to do and remove any discard hands stuff.

What do you think?

Years
  • So after some more thought and discussions with some people this is the new trainers list that I have come up with

Supporters - 5

Hau x2
    Tierno x1
    Shauna x2

Items - 10

Professor's Letter x2
    Switch x2
    Potion x2
    Energy Retrieval x2
    Ultra Ball x2

I have decided to include and electric option for the kids to choose from but not completely sure on what to go with at the moment I have out:

Pikachu x3
    Raichu x2
    Electrike x3
    Manectric x2
    Tynamo x2
    Electrik x2

Tempted to go with either the Pikachu or Electrike line with the Tynamo's to provide the draw support. Do you feel that a mixture of these electric types is on a similar level to the starter pokemon or not?

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Maybe work in a big basic in each (Turtanator or Volcanion for the fire, Zapdos for the lightning) alongside the evos?

Back